Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open carry at the Republican National Convention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    It is a matter of trying to apply continuous blows to the Republicans. I am more and more ashamed each day that I am a Democrat.

Originally posted by Salinator
    I have been a Democrat since I was old enough to vote. How did that happened? One of my High School teachers automatically registered the entire senior class without our knowledge and permission as Democrats. I never change my status because it became fun to receive the phone calls full of lies.
    Then de-register yourself as a democrat, it's not like it is a fraught process/outcome like enlistment........
    Last edited by Paddybhoy; 01 Apr 16, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
      The don't own the building, are you suggesting that they buy it? Unlike the DNC the Republicans don't break the rules.
      Haha!! Except for the little Nixon fiasco. Or did you forget that?
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

But the media always give credence to Dems claims/scams until all have seen that the levy has been broken and even then some will continue on.

If it was done in reverse, the Republican would have been condemned. LIES! LIAR! CONMAN! TYPICAL! etc.

It is a matter of trying to apply continuous blows to the Republicans. I am more and more ashamed each day that I am a Democrat.
        After years of reading your posts, I fail to see you as a Democrat.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
          Then de-register yourself as a democrat, it's not like it is a fraught process/outcome like enlistment........
          Apparently I can't rep you again do soon. Will do so when able!
          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
            Haha!! Except for the little Nixon fiasco. Or did you forget that?
            Very small and ancient history compared to the DemoGod's record.
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

But the media always give credence to Dems claims/scams until all have seen that the levy has been broken and even then some will continue on.

If it was done in reverse, the Republican would have been condemned. LIES! LIAR! CONMAN! TYPICAL! etc.

I had to rep you for this.
              I agree that the media is biased in its reporting. Sometimes they seem more like advocates than just biased reporters.

For example, I believe it was South Carolina that passed a law saying men aren't allowed in women's locker rooms or restrooms.
              I saw a number of reports on this law in the local Chicago TV news. Every one of those reports discussed it from the perspective of the left calling the measure an "anti transgendered" measure. Not a single report mentioned that maybe the goal might have had something to do with protecting adult and child females from having to share locker rooms with men.
              The only perspective was that of the group opposed to the measure.
              There was no effort to present the pros and cons, just the cons.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Acheron View Post
                Oh it is no surprise that the whole thing was started as a satire, excuse, me, a dastardly false flag operation on the poor, poor conservatives

But I stay at my question. I only have to add, why did it take a liberal making satire to get such a petition going? Given the zeal with which some on the right have preached the gospel of their holy second amendment, answering "More Guns!" to the question of what about to do the school shootings, why is it that none of them have even suggested to make the RNC and open carry event and maybe do away with the now surely superfluous officers and guards?

It has been said again and again and is said again and again here after every cursed shooting incident that if more people had had guns, they could have taken out the crazed gunman.

I say "Proof it." But put your own hide on the line.

Having the right to carry a gun to protect myself is very different from wanting to carry a gun in the presence of a presidential candidate.
                Recognizing and accepting limitations on the right to carry a gun is very different from supporting bans or ridiculous "gun free zones".
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I've told this story many times.

I've been registered as a Democrat from the time I was 17. Everyone around me at that age was either apolitical or a Democrat. I really did not understand politics all that well, but being a 'Democrat' seemed like the right thing if one liked the idea of "democracy".

The only Republican that I have ever voted for in my entire life was Ronald Reagan second term. Every other vote in my entire history for any office local, state, or national has always been Democrat. I did sit out both terms of Obama just because I hated him from day 1 as he seemed like a scam to me and I felt that people supported for him for no other reason than him being "black", which I felt was a ploy. The man is half white.

I bitch about Democrat politicians because I feel that I can since I am registered as a Dem and I voted for a lot of them. I believe that they have let me and the country down. That is my own personal belief, however I shall remain a Democrat because I am not particularly fond of any Republican candidate thus far.

For the duration of time that I have been posting, I have been more or less angry with Dems, which includes the way they can get away with more dirt and smut.

For the upcoming Presidential election, I have clearly stated that I will vote for any Republican nominee. I have never liked Trump, but will defend him because I feel he is swarmed by idiots like stupid stars and singers that claim they will leave the country if Trump is elected. I can't stand the sight of Cruz as he looks like he has been sucking on a really sour lemon, but will defend him because he actually was the only guy that did what he said he would do. I don't like Kasich and if he dropped dead or out of the race it would be much better off so there is none of that brokered convention nonsense. The only three I sort of liked was firstly Dr Carson until he proved to be a religious whacko, secondly Carly Fiorina because I wanted her to bitch-slap Hillary, and thirdly Rubio until he became an a-hole just like Trump.

Again, I will shoot myself before I vote for a commie, or a lying criminal who probably is almost a commie. I will most likely vote Dem for everything else but not for this Presidential election cycle.
                  Last edited by Salinator; 02 Apr 16, 02:56.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Who would possibly claim to be a Democrat if they weren't one?
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                      I agree that the media is biased in its reporting. Sometimes they seem more like advocates than just biased reporters.
                      Somewhere along the line the media "talking heads" got it into their little brains that THEY were the ends and means by which America got its news. As such, they also came to understand that they could and should get those Meager Minded Morons to think in the "right" way.

Viola! We now have a no nothing trying to dictate to the rest of the no nothings the course of action to any number of things (political or no). Multiply THAT a couple of hundred times and you have exactly what this Presidential cycle has turned into...... a circus!

We have seen more than enough "debates" (...and in what dimension does a thirty second sound bite explain to the unwashed a difficult political policy stance?), more than enough "town hall meetings" (although those are better than "debates")...... Like "The Donald" said, how many times can you answer the same question?

Maybe we ought to let the Newsies select and elect our President! They are certainly trying their best with the "Hillary" at present. (It would however make them insufferable from that moment on!)

If we did allow them to elect our President, it would save us a lot of swearing at the TV, castigating ourselves for letting things get so bad and when the time came for assigning blame... we could blame the Newsies!

That won't work, the newsies like nothing better than to be innocent of all responsibility.... for ANYTHING!

So we suffer.

GG
                      Last edited by Grognard Gunny; 03 Apr 16, 20:32.
                      "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                        Somewhere along the line the media "talking heads" got it into their little brains that THEY were the ends and means by which America got its news. As such, they also came to understand that they could and should get those Meager Minded Morons to think in the "right" way.

Viola! We now have a no nothing trying to dictate to the rest of the no nothings the course of action to any number of things (political or no). Multiply THAT a couple of hundred times and you have exactly what this Presidential cycle has turned into...... a circus!

We have seen more than enough "debates" (...and in what dimension does a thirty second sound bite explain to the unwashed a difficult political policy stance?), more than enough "town hall meetings" (although those are better than "debates")...... Like "The Donald" said, how many times can you answer the same question?

Maybe we ought to let the Newsies select and elect our President! They are certainly trying their best with the "Hillary" at present. (It would however make them insufferable from that moment on!)

If we did allow them to elect our President, it would save us a lot of swearing at the TV, castigating ourselves for letting things get so bad and when the time came for assigning blame... we could blame the Newsies!

That won't work, the newsies like nothing better than to be innocent of all responsibility.... for ANYTHING!

So we suffer.

GG
                        You're missing the biggest issue of all: the collective you want this media.

Otherwise, they would go out of business due to a lack of viewers. Instead, people flock to Fox and CNN and enjoy watching their programs. People are rewarding the more obviously partisan programs because it's what they want to watch.

The media is biased because being biased sells. Consider Fox News, the most watched cable news network, which is both the most trusted and most distrusted media source (along clearly partisan lines, no less). Who here considers their primary media source unbiased?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X