Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navy Captain get 5 years in scandal, why not life for treason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Captain get 5 years in scandal, why not life for treason?

Does anyone else wonder if the information about US fleet positions an
    designations was not sold to those less than happy with the US?

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A high-ranking U.S. Navy captain who provided classified ship and submarine schedules to a foreign defense contractor in exchange for the services of prostitutes, luxury travel and other gifts was sentenced Friday to 46 months in federal prison and ordered to pay a $70,000 fine.

In sentencing Capt. Daniel Dusek, U.S. District Judge Janis Sammartino said it was "truly unimaginable'' that the longtime Navy official would "sell out'' to Glenn Defense Marine Asia in actions "that potentially jeopardized national security."

"It's beyond our ability to value," the judge said, noting Dusek was someone who "everybody looked up to and trusted."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark Pletcher said Dusek's criminal activity began in July 2010 when the defendant agreed to trade classified ship and submarine schedules in return for personal favors from GDMA.

Pletcher said GDMA's CEO "Fat Leonard'' Glenn Francis wrote at the time, "Dan (Dusek) is an official GDMA cardholder.."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31568244/n...bribery-scheme
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Compare that to Shrillary using an illegal private e-mail server...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Compare that to Shrillary using an illegal private e-mail server...
      I don't even like her and I can tell you're reaching horribly with that one. Try something new once in a while.
      First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
        I don't even like her and I can tell you're reaching horribly with that one. Try something new once in a while.
        He gets 4 years and a $70,000 fine. She says "Opps! I'm sorry." There's a dichotomy there. She didn't even get a misdemeanor charge out of flagrantly violating a huge number of federal laws and State Department regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
          She is the Teflon Don when it comes to crimes and violations of protocol. No one claims to like her, yet she is still leading in the Democratic polls with so much baggage.

The point being that justice is not fair and equal.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            No one claims to like her, yet she is the Teflon Don when it comes to crimes and violations of protocol but is still leading in the Democratic polls.

The point being that justice is not fair and equal.
            And often blind apparently...

Comment

Did they even bother to take away his retirement? "Justice" for O-5's and Admirals is different than it is for the "little people"! I think they should have also made him hand over to the government all the money he had been given. He can give away sex in Leavenworth, he should be popular there!

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

He should never see daylight!
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  Did they even bother to take away his retirement? "Justice" for O-5's and Admirals is different than it is for the "little people"! I think they should have also made him hand over to the government all the money he had been given. He can give away sex in Leavenworth, he should be popular there!

Pruitt
                  It was a Federal District Court, so no, they can't impact his retirement.

That would take a GCM, a military court.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt
                    Whether they do or not he cannot collect a penny of it while in prison or on probation afterwards. Federal law covers that. So, he's not getting any pension for about a decade at least.

See pg 4 for example:

https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...nsequences.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      It was a Federal District Court, so no, they can't impact his retirement.

That would take a GCM, a military court.
                      I thought it was a little strange that it was tried in a Federal Court and not in a military court.
                      Can the Navy still try him?

Comment

And, the Shrill one is still in the running for an orange jumpsuit...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cL&ocid=SMSDHP

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          I thought it was a little strange that it was tried in a Federal Court and not in a military court.
                          Can the Navy still try him?
                          The article isn't clear on his duty status. If he was on active duty, yes he can be court martialed. If he was in a reserve status or retired, no unless he was on orders at the time.
                          He could still be given a dishonorable discharge if in reserve status. If he was retired the most that can happen is he's removed from fleet reserve status and stripped of benefits while in prison and on probation.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_...ion_and_career

According to wiki the crimes were committed while he was in command of the Bonhomme Richard.

Looks more like straight corruption rather than actual treason. Hence the corruption conviction.

Looking at navy captain's pay levels and assuming he had about 30 years service he would have been on around $125k per year. A reasonable but certainly not huge salary.

https://www.military-ranks.org/navy/captain-pay
                            Last edited by Surrey; 30 Mar 16, 02:58.
                            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

What??

IMO he should be keelhauled, given 200 strokes of the cat and then strung up to the highest yardarm. Here is a commander of a USNAVY capital ship giving classified movement information to those who are not designated. THAT is punishable under the UCMJ. He should be brought up, at the very least, at Admiral's mast to determine when and where a court martial should take place. This guy ranks right up there with Benedict Arnold, Quisling, and Judas. Put him in a hole and throw away the key.
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X