X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "cultural appropriation"

A 'college employee' stops a white student:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8

Another example of what our colleges are producing....
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Wasn't she wearing western style clothing?
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Okay, he's a college student so I can forgive his utter and complete lack of taste in style, but she's an idiot if she thinks cornrows are an exclusively Black cultural thing. That is a display of cultural ignorance, or more likely, bigotry.
      In fact, the whole idea of "cultural appropriation" is a form of racist bigotry. What it claims in essence is that something one culture claims is exclusively "theirs" cannot be adopted or used by any other culture. Further, the culture claiming it has placed boundaries on who and what their culture includes and excludes.

Comment

I bet she even eat's hot dogs and burgers. Then we see trench coats, and denim jackets plus a flat top and lip stick and maybe even laced up shoes.

Sorry piece of...
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          A 'college employee' stops a white student:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8

Another example of what our colleges are producing....
          Leaving everything else aside for a moment amazing that she grabs and pushed him - and then tells him not to touch her. Fortunately for him everything was filmed.
          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
          G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

I get the impression this is a staged video. Her smile gives her away.
            Last edited by III Corps; 30 Mar 16, 08:09.

Comment

I feel "triggered" by this level of stupidity and I feel that makes it everyone else's problem.

Comment

"Can't we all jus'...gitalong?"

I am culturally offended by this post...I demand retribution in the form of unlimited green reps...
                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                  Leaving everything else aside for a moment amazing that she grabs and pushed him - and then tells him not to touch her. Fortunately for him everything was filmed.
                  The funny thing is that in my limited travels....I have found that when you do some of the cultural things that another culture has.....they usually appreciate it.

In the UK, I was allowed to stock the Sergeant's Mess with Czech beer as long as I ate black pudding every morning that we weren't in the field.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                    I am culturally offended by this post...I demand retribution in the form of unlimited green reps...
                    Unfortunately, since I am of Irish descent, you are hereby forbidden to use green.

How about something in a lovely shade of puce?
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Apparently this Bonita Tindle isn't a university employee, but she isn't just a student either; she is a "student assistant" working for the Students Associated, a students' body with the SFSU.

What amazed me about this video is the incredible amount of explicit and implicit sense of privileged entitlement Bonita shows. She automatically assumes she has rights that she also automatically denies to others (that's what makes me call them privileges).
                      Everything is a one-way road for this girl, favoring her and disadvantaging everyone else.

1. Others have already mentioned the fact that "cultural appropriation" goes both ways. She happens to be speaking English. Sure, English is the language of African-American culture today - and dreadlocks are a feature of many cultures today. Everyone steals from everybody else when it comes to culture. And a good thing too. But Tindle thinks she's entitled to take, while Goldstein is not.

2. Tindle thinks nothing of laying her hands on Goldstein, grabbing him, shoving him around - but when he reacts, there is immediately a complaint that he can't touch her.

3. At the end of the confrontation, Tindle asks the guy with the phone why he's filming it, and then tries to grab the phone or to swat it away. I wonder, if this was a case of a white student manhandling a black student, and a bystander was filming it, would Tindle ask the same question and try to stop the filming?

4. In reports that detail the beginning of the confrontation (which is not in the video), it is stated that Tindle began by refusing to hand to Goldstein a leaflet about an event, and telling him that "we don't want people like you at our event". Now, imagine if some students' group had organized an event, and told Tindle or someone like her, "we don't want people like you participating". She would immediately yell about discrimination - but she thinks she's entitled to discriminate.

In short, she thinks she has privileges other people shouldn't have. This is evident as to 1. and 2., and it seems it can be reasonably assumed as to 3. and 4. In my take, based of course solely on the available information, Bonita Tindle does not believe in equal rights for everyone.

I do hope this is an exception.
                      Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                        Apparently this Bonita Tindle isn't a university employee, but she isn't just a student either; she is a "student assistant" working for the Students Associated, a students' body with the SFSU.

What amazed me about this video is the incredible amount of explicit and implicit sense of privileged entitlement Bonita shows. She automatically assumes she has rights that she also automatically denies to others (that's what makes me call them privileges).
                        Everything is a one-way road for this girl, favoring her and disadvantaging everyone else.

1. Others have already mentioned the fact that "cultural appropriation" goes both ways. She happens to be speaking English. Sure, English is the language of African-American culture today - and dreadlocks are a feature of many cultures today. Everyone steals from everybody else when it comes to culture. And a good thing too. But Tindle thinks she's entitled to take, while Goldstein is not.

2. Tindle thinks nothing of laying her hands on Goldstein, grabbing him, shoving him around - but when he reacts, there is immediately a complaint that he can't touch her.

3. At the end of the confrontation, Tindle asks the guy with the phone why he's filming it, and then tries to grab the phone or to swat it away. I wonder, if this was a case of a white student manhandling a black student, and a bystander was filming it, would Tindle ask the same question and try to stop the filming?

4. In reports that detail the beginning of the confrontation (which is not in the video), it is stated that Tindle began by refusing to hand to Goldstein a leaflet about an event, and telling him that "we don't want people like you at our event". Now, imagine if some students' group had organized an event, and told Tindle or someone like her, "we don't want people like you participating". She would immediately yell about discrimination - but she thinks she's entitled to discriminate.

In short, she thinks she has privileges other people shouldn't have. This is evident as to 1. and 2., and it seems it can be reasonably assumed as to 3. and 4. In my take, based of course solely on the available information, Bonita Tindle does not believe in equal rights for everyone.

I do hope this is an exception.
                        It's not.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

HEY! Twinkie...let it go!

I can't believe that all you folks really give a rat's butt about this 'incident'! There are much more important things to dwell on. Like...what's the next irrelevant thing Donald Trump will say?
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Can't believe that you are that fixated on Trump, either.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Well...mais YEAH! Just think how dull the current presidential race would be without him...
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X