Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the percent chance Cruz will be the VP nominee under Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the percent chance Cruz will be the VP nominee under Trump?

zero
    63.64%
    0 - 20%
    13.64%
    20 - 40%
    13.64%
    40 - 60%
    4.55%
    60 - 80 %
    0.00%
    80 - 100 %
    0.00%
    100 %
    0.00%
    other
    4.55%

Zero. The GOP leadership likes Criz less than Trump. My bet is Christie will get the nod, thus drawing a blue state into the GOP camp.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
      When !
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Zero. The GOP leadership likes Cruz less than Trump. My bet is Christie will get the nod, thus drawing a blue state into the GOP camp.
        I agree!
        No one outside of Texas likes Cruz and the DC crowd despises him, he is unelectable.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I would say 1 in 4 chance - the logic suggests they should get together, especially where Cruz has done better in some real Republican states - but there has been some real nasty stuff with the wives.

Comment

I would say 1 in 4 chance - the logic suggests they should get together, especially where Cruz has done better in some real Republican states - but there has been some real nasty stuff with the wives.
            There's no political logic. Cruz is from Texas, which will go with the GOP in any case. Better to choose a subject from a densely populated blue state and pull in those electoral votes.

Or choose a woman or a minority to tap those markets.

Cruz has nothing to offer. His war chest is running out and the GOP brass don't like him.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Rubio would be a better choice. Texas will vote against Hillary for Trump in any case. Rubio would deliver Florida. Cruz is just a professional grade A hole and has too many potential enemies even in the GOP to make him an asset.

Just remember what happened when the Top Gear guys drove through Alabama after "decorating" each other's vehicles... And it wasn't an election year...

Comment

1 in 4 to 1 in 2. It's a logical choice and it would be a double bird flip to the Establishment. I don't think the current "bad blood" will be a factor.

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval might be the most logical pick.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  There's no political logic. Cruz is from Texas, which will go with the GOP in any case. Better to choose a subject from a densely populated blue state and pull in those electoral votes.

Or choose a woman or a minority to tap those markets.

Cruz has nothing to offer. His war chest is running out and the GOP brass don't like him.
                  Cruz has the ability to demolish his opponent in debates, doesn't alienate Hispanic voters and would energize the base to the max.

I don't know if Rubio ups Trump's chances in Florida. Trump can probably win Florida without a VP boost. A Kasich choice would probably help Trump win Ohio and possibly Pennsylvania.
                  Last edited by The Doctor; 28 Mar 16, 09:55.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Ted Cruze appeals to a Southern Baptist/Fundamentalist genre. Not my demographic. Probably not the demographic of most of the country either.
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I think Carson would be the logical choice. Trump and he were at least on better terms than the rest. He is super intelligent..... a good offset to the present VP. He is a minority. I actually like most of his ideas also.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                        I think Carson would be the logical choice. Trump and he were at least on better terms than the rest. He is super intelligent..... a good offset to the present VP. He is a minority. I actually like most of his ideas also.
                        I wouldn't mind that at all. It would threaten the Dem lock on black voters, too.

Comment

Carson is a logical choice. I can see Christie as well.
                          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                            Carson is a logical choice. I can see Christie as well.
                            I think Christie is probably lobbying behind the scenes for the VP slot.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                              I like Carson a lot... but at least one of the candidates needs to be coherent and have some experience in government. Trump can get away with being incoherent.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X