X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun and games at the GOP convention

http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-call...180751629.html

Thousands call for guns at US Republican convention

More than 22,000 people have signed a petition calling for Americans to be allowed to carry firearms at the Republican National Convention -- because the ban puts lives at risk.

Guns are not allowed inside the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, where the event -- which could descend into a heated battle for the party presidential ticket -- is taking place in July.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

This is one of the more stupid 'requests' that I have seen in a long time.

You have had fights break out at Trump rallies and now some people want to go armed?

You've got to be kidding...

Comment

Could really end up as a case of the last candidate standing
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Beyond stupid.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
          Beyond stupid.

Exactly.

You definitely deserve a rep for that one, but I cannot give you one presently.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-call...180751629.html

Thousands call for guns at US Republican convention
            This is what they've always wanted.

It'll be okay, because "An armed populace is a polite populace."

To some, elections should be held the same way.

Comment

It's absurd, there will be a sufficient amount of armed security professionals and police on hand.
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                Exactly.

You definitely deserve a rep for that one, but I cannot give you one presently.
                I took care of it!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  It's absurd, there will be a sufficient amount of armed security professionals and police on hand.
                  Who will want to be able to know for sure that anyone apart from them with a gun is one of the bad guys
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                    There's never enough security (until you need professional police).
                    There's never enough police (until you have a police state).
                    There's never enough military (until you have Fascism).
                    There's never enough "law abiding citizens" with guns of their choosing (until you have chaos and civil war of their choosing).

There's never enough common sense (it isn't common enough that everyone agrees what it is).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                      Who will want to be able to know for sure that anyone apart from them with a gun is one of the bad guys
                      An assassin will know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
                        An assassin will know for sure.
                        What a facile meaningless statement

Comment

Here's the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/quicken-loa...tion-in-july-2

Check out the back grounds on some of the people that left messages....

It looks like the Dems are pushing this....
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                            Here's the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/quicken-loa...tion-in-july-2

Check out the back grounds on some of the people that left messages....

It looks like the Dems are pushing this....
                            Well if your opponents are showing signs of insanity wouldn't you? A gift to anyone's campaign

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              Well if your opponents are showing signs of insanity wouldn't you? A gift to anyone's campaign
                              I think both sides are showing insanity.

I do think it is a pretty good tactical move.....kind of like what Webb did to Allen in 2006....
                              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X