Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idaho Gov. signs conceal carry law, another reason I love Idaho!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho Gov. signs conceal carry law, another reason I love Idaho!

But, I plan on keeping my CCL

BOISE - Gov. Butch Otter signed the bill to allow carrying concealed weapons without a permit inside city limits into law Friday afternoon.

Senate Bill 1389 will allow law-abiding Idahoans who are 21 years or older to carry a concealed firearm statewide without a permit. Permitless carry is already legal outside of city limits for individuals 18 or older, and open carry is currently legal within city limits.

In a letter addressed to the President of the Senate regarding this legislation, Gov. Otter encourages anyone considering concealed carry to take advantage of gun safety and training. The issue is one that has been raised by law enforcement throughout the creation and discussion of this bill.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/capit...-law/102543043
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    But, I plan on keeping my CCL

BOISE - Gov. Butch Otter signed the bill to allow carrying concealed weapons without a permit inside city limits into law Friday afternoon.

Senate Bill 1389 will allow law-abiding Idahoans who are 21 years or older to carry a concealed firearm statewide without a permit. Permitless carry is already legal outside of city limits for individuals 18 or older, and open carry is currently legal within city limits.

In a letter addressed to the President of the Senate regarding this legislation, Gov. Otter encourages anyone considering concealed carry to take advantage of gun safety and training. The issue is one that has been raised by law enforcement throughout the creation and discussion of this bill.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/capit...-law/102543043
    Are there any restrictions? Such as liquor establishments, courts, government building?
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I doubt that Idaho courts let firearms inside! I went with my Grandson several times when he had court dates in Polk County, Texas. They took my Swiss Army Pen Knife the first time I went in! I got it back when I left, which was kind of them. They finance the legal system in Polk County by the fines they levy. I would recommend you avoid getting arrested there. I freaked them out when I posted the Grandson's bail in Cash! I made sure they gave it back when he was released! I would have had to pay a bail bondsman $100 when I had the money? Homey don't play that!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/le...2016/S1389.htm

The text of the bill
        https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/le...2016/S1389.pdf

I'm not sure I like it from the view of law enforcement. There aren't restrictions for courts, schools. But I will continue to hold a permit because it requires an FBI background check.
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/le...2016/S1389.htm

The text of the bill
          https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/le...2016/S1389.pdf

I'm not sure I like it from the view of law enforcement. There aren't restrictions for courts, schools. But I will continue to hold a permit because it requires an FBI background check.
          It will also be an asset if you ever have to defend yourself. Your lawyer can argue that you went above the requirements set by law.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            It will also be an asset if you ever have to defend yourself. Your lawyer can argue that you went above the requirements set by law.
            I am in the process of obtaining my enhanced permit which is recognized in most states, it requires live ammo training which I first went through with the San Diego sheriff department in 1977.
            But as you state, in the legal climate of today, being ready to defend yourself and family is the first step, the legal and civil court cost could ruin you. So I also carry insurance and prepaid legal services.

Comment

Well maybe it will get us away from the idiots wandering around with firearm strapped on. Both the wife and I will retain our license. Just wish Oregon would recognize our license, we recognize theirs. Of course I open carry in Eastern Oregon when we are riding.
              Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
                Well maybe it will get us away from the idiots wandering around with firearm strapped on. Both the wife and I will retain our license. Just wish Oregon would recognize our license, we recognize theirs. Of course I open carry in Eastern Oregon when we are riding.
                That is my concern also. I have no problem with the existing requirements.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X