Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Trump is the nominee, new GOP value

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If Trump is the nominee, new GOP value

    Saddam was a bad guy, but what the heck he was better than the current situation... somehow that does not line up with what I think I know about GOP thought.

    Please any comments?

    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...estroy-the-oil

    He added that the U.S. should never have been involved with Iraq.

    We shouldn’t have been there, we shouldn’t have destroyed the country,” he said.

    Saddam Hussein was a “bad guy,” but he was very good at killing terrorists, he said.

    "He killed terrorists like nobody, all right? Now it’s Harvard of terrorism. You want to be a terrorist, you go to Iraq," he said.
    I guess he was not involved in terrorism and we should just have left him alone. THAT in itself if not that crazy... just attaching that to the GOP is mind boggling...
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

  • #2
    Well, you could start with reading better sources.

    Then you could grasp the fact that politicians on the campaign trail will say anything to get votes.

    And thirdly you could reflect that the voting public is getting weary of ground wars. Obama had to let go his 'red line' in Syria because the American population simply didn't care who did what to whom.

    Trump is hitting on the emotional trends of the voters. They like drones and air strikes because no Americans get hurt.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Well, you could start with reading better sources.

      Then you could grasp the fact that politicians on the campaign trail will say anything to get votes.

      And thirdly you could reflect that the voting public is getting weary of ground wars. Obama had to let go his 'red line' in Syria because the American population simply didn't care who did what to whom.

      Trump is hitting on the emotional trends of the voters. They like drones and air strikes because no Americans get hurt.
      Please give us a political site that you consider better.

      Can't be true, we've been assured by the Trump supporters that HE is not like all the other politicians.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        Saddam was a bad guy, but what the heck he was better than the current situation... somehow that does not line up with what I think I know about GOP thought.

        Please any comments?

        http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...estroy-the-oil



        I guess he was not involved in terrorism and we should just have left him alone. THAT in itself if not that crazy... just attaching that to the GOP is mind boggling...
        A lot of Republicans agreed with Trump on this...

        http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/16/wo...-strategy.html

        However, I doubt Trump's support is based on his after-the-fact opposition to a decision made nearly 14 years ago.

        It is not hypocritical or some sort of value-shift for those who supported Bush-43's 2002 decision to support Trump in 2016.
        Last edited by The Doctor; 28 Mar 16, 07:16.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          A lot of Republicans agreed with Trump on this...

          http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/16/wo...-strategy.html

          However, I doubt Trump's support is based on his after-the-fact opposition to a decision made nearly14 years ago.

          It is not hypocritical or some sort of value-shift for those who supported Bush-43's 2002 decision to support Trump in 2016.
          I agree. Trump is just appealing to a growing trend amongst voters.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Why is it a bad thing to "appeal to the voters" when Trump does it, but not when the rest of the politicians do it?

            The rank odor of hypocrisy is growing stronger every day, especially when one takes the time to remember that ultimately, it is the president's job to reflect the will of the American people.

            At his very worst, Trump is still a far better human being that Obama has ever been - a fact worth remembering for all of you nay-sayers.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              The lies are really piling up so fast you'd need wings to stay above them.
              Have they stopped trying to say that Trump supported Obama in either election? Guess that one was a little too easy to shut down.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

              -Captain Jack

              Comment

              Latest Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X