Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candidates and their tax plan effects

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Candidates and their tax plan effects

    Which presidential candidate would benefit your wallet most?













    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2016-rac...-plans-impact/
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
    Present Current Events are the Future's History

  • #2
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Which presidential candidate would benefit your wallet most?













    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2016-rac...-plans-impact/
    Another supporter for deficits do not matter anymore. Just like Dick Cheney.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Another supporter for deficits do not matter anymore. Just like Dick Cheney.
      According to the article text would seem all four are in that category (more or less), pending more information on IF any have guv'mint spending reductions as part of their formula.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
      “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
      Present Current Events are the Future's History

      Comment


      • #4
        Either way "We the People" get screwed...
        Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

        Comment


        • #5
          Congress makes the Budget, POTUS signs off on it. The "other" elections, House and Senate, will be just as crucial.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
          “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
          Present Current Events are the Future's History

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Another supporter for deficits do not matter anymore. Just like Dick Cheney.
            How did you come to this conclusion?
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              According to the article text would seem all four are in that category (more or less), pending more information on IF any have guv'mint spending reductions as part of their formula.
              The problem is that they support revenue cut and pass them WITHOUT specifically talking about spending cuts. Those will be worked out later after the election by Congress. Of course they never are.

              If a candidate has a tax cut plan now, they need to have a spending cut plan that is just has specific.
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                How did you come to this conclusion?
                If you lower revenue IN and do not cut spending what happens?

                They have a very specific tax reduction plan and give vague statements on spending cuts, saying that they will work that out with congress after the election. You don't find that rather iffy?

                They need to spell out what they will cut before we vote, otherwise it's not going to happen.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  The problem is that they support revenue cut and pass them WITHOUT specifically talking about spending cuts. Those will be worked out later after the election by Congress. Of course they never are.

                  If a candidate has a tax cut plan now, they need to have a spending cut plan that is just has specific.
                  Without a line item veto to the Budget, any cut plans a candidate has would be subject to Congress going along, right?

                  I'm with you in that I'd like to hear some firm ideas on cuts as part of the campaign rhetoric.

                  For that matter, their tax plans also need to get thru Congress, IIRC.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                  “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                  Present Current Events are the Future's History

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    If you lower revenue IN and do not cut spending what happens?

                    They have a very specific tax reduction plan and give vague statements on spending cuts, saying that they will work that out with congress after the election. You don't find that rather iffy?

                    They need to spell out what they will cut before we vote, otherwise it's not going to happen.
                    Heres a short video from fox about how Trump thinks he can make his tax cut plan work. http://video.foxnews.com/v/477948091...#sp=show-clips

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                      If you lower revenue IN and do not cut spending what happens?

                      They have a very specific tax reduction plan and give vague statements on spending cuts, saying that they will work that out with congress after the election. You don't find that rather iffy?

                      They need to spell out what they will cut before we vote, otherwise it's not going to happen.
                      Trump claims that he is going to cut government spending...the usual lines waste, fraud, & abuse plus some other programs. I don't think the numbers add up but getting an accurate assessment on Trump from the MSM is next to impossible.

                      I do find it interesting that Fact Check came up with this:

                      We take no position on the merits of Trump’s tax plan

                      http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/is-...venue-neutral/

                      But your initial assessment that:

                      "Another supporter for deficits do not matter anymore. Just like Dick Cheney."

                      is false, at least he is recognizing that spending needs to be cut.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                        Trump claims that he is going to cut government spending...the usual lines waste, fraud, & abuse plus some other programs. I don't think the numbers add up but getting an accurate assessment on Trump from the MSM is next to impossible.

                        I do find it interesting that Fact Check came up with this:

                        We take no position on the merits of Trump’s tax plan

                        http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/is-...venue-neutral/

                        But your initial assessment that:

                        "Another supporter for deficits do not matter anymore. Just like Dick Cheney."

                        is false, at least he is recognizing that spending needs to be cut.
                        Sure he recognizes that they need to be reduced. List them or admit you're not going to do them.

                        Why would I think that they'll cut spending AFTER they pass a tax cut when they have not in the past? Simple solution, lets reverse it. Campaign on their spending cut ideas and IF they inact them THEN pass the tax cuts.
                        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        And why the sea is boiling hot—
                        And whether pigs have wings.”
                        ― Lewis Carroll

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                          Sure he recognizes that they need to be reduced. List them or admit you're not going to do them.

                          Why would I think that they'll cut spending AFTER they pass a tax cut when they have not in the past? Simple solution, lets reverse it. Campaign on their spending cut ideas and IF they inact them THEN pass the tax cuts.
                          As I said, I don't think the numbers add up but at least he understands that federal spending also needs to be cut.
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                            As I said, I don't think the numbers add up but at least he understands that federal spending also needs to be cut.
                            They all say that, they never have the will to do it. None of them. By the way the thread and my comment was NOT about Trump, it was about all of them.
                            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            And why the sea is boiling hot—
                            And whether pigs have wings.”
                            ― Lewis Carroll

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                              By the way the thread and my comment was NOT about Trump, it was about all of them.
                              I just pointed out that you were incorrect regarding Trump, he at least understands that federal spending needs to be cut. He obviously isn't "Another supporter for deficits do not matter anymore"

                              The other three might be but not Trump.
                              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X