Teens Still Wear Confederate Flag T Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
    I have been wondering why the battle flag was the one chosen by white supremacists, vs the last one or two official CSA flags, of which I believe it was said (by some Confederate) that the white coloring was supposed to symbolize the superiority of white people. The battle flag's origins were, if I'm not mistaken, rooted in the need for a flag which looked sufficiently different than the Northern/US flag in the confusion of battle. If the white CSA flag imagery was displayed by some, and the battle flag by others, I'd probably assume that the white flag ones are the white supremacists and the battle flag ones are just 'rebellious.'
    Because the battle flag was the most recognized symbol of the South after the Civil War.

Same reason we don't display the Continental Flag instead of the much revised flag of today. It's what has the most meaning for majority of the displayers, and don't think for a moment that the South has ever forgotten the way they were treated before, during and especially after the Civil War.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      Speaking of Che.......
      Here is a video about Che that is probably banned on college campuses.

https://youtu.be/iQcUkd1w_TY

Here is a link that talks about genocide in Che land.

http://www.cubaverdad.net/genocide.htm

Comment

live, freeze or die...

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
        Plus now... it IS becoming a sort of rebellion by wearing and showing such stuff.

Some people here still drive trucks around with giant Confederate Flags on them.
        Sad to say it's the same everywhere. As a matter of fact, right here on the short seacoast I see an old Ford pickup driving the opposite way while on my trip home. He's flying two 5'x7' flags. One is the Confederate battle flag (although it's rectangular rather than square) and the other is the Yellow Rattlesnake flag (the one that states, "Don't Tread on Me") I've seen this truck at the two biker bars that we have in the vicinity and at a few other bars as well. (just as I pass by..) I don't think that the owner has any more thought in what they represent other than "INYO FACE", - sort of like those guys on the Harleys who are not happy unless they're pissing off most of those citizens living within two miles or so of their unbelievably loud exhausts - not to connote any particular brand of bigotry. Did I mention that the flags are at least 5'x7'?...and that his license plate is not from somewhere in Dixie but right here in staid, Republican, conservative New Hampshire.
        Last edited by Jose50; 29 Mar 16, 08:53.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Because the battle flag was the most recognized symbol of the South after the Civil War.

Same reason we don't display the Continental Flag instead of the much revised flag of today. It's what has the most meaning for majority of the displayers, and don't think for a moment that the South has ever forgotten the way they were treated before, during and especially after the Civil War.
          You got me to looking at the past..........most of the characters I ran across who were into the confederate battle flag were still pi$$ed at northerners......not very many aimed it at Blacks.........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X