Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teens Still Wear Confederate Flag T Shirts

https://www.yahoo.com/style/why-do-t...174950356.html

The article poses it as a question. Why? Because they're rebellious teenagers dummy.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

The article poses it as a question. Why? Because they're rebellious teenagers dummy.
    I guess when they wear Che Guevara T-Shirt those on the right say the same thing, "oh just rebellious youths...." Oh wait....

“The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Exactly. Those T's hang in their closets next to the ones with Mao and Che` on them.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        I guess when they wear Che Guevara T-Shirt those on the right say the same thing, "oh just rebellious youths...."
        Fixed it for you. In point of fact the conservative response is "oh just rebellious youth". Unlike you guys on the left regarding the flag we didn't lose our howling and demanding Che products be taken off the shelves.

The left shall always be the dominant bastion of overreaction. It is the nature of speech police. The right rolls their eyes at stupidity. The left launches lawsuits, demands safe spaces, and throws tantrums. Just look at the article.

"Caledonia High School’s principal made the request of Donovan Stokes, a junior, because of how the flag is perceived by others, feeling that article could contribute to a hostile environment for the rest of the student body."

If you can't handle having your delicate little eyes exposed to an old defeated military symbol then frankly I doubt your ability to handle a mouse. Cowboy up.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Exactly. Those T's hang in their closets next to the ones with Mao and Che` on them.
          Don't forget Marilyn Manson.

Comment

Maybe they're, "Dukes of Hazzard," fans.
            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

The left shall always be the dominant bastion of overreaction. It is the nature of speech police. The right rolls their eyes at stupidity. The left launches lawsuits, demands safe spaces, and throws tantrums. Just look at the article.

"Caledonia High School’s principal made the request of Donovan Stokes, a junior, because of how the flag is perceived by others, feeling that article could contribute to a hostile environment for the rest of the student body."
              I had an experience like that in college. I went to a meeting with a history professor to discuss a paper wearing a T-shirt I bought a few years before in Germany with the Bundeswehr Iron Cross on it. I thought nothing of it and just pulled it from my drawer at random that morning but she took great offense to it, claimed it was a white supremacist symbol and demanded that I change. I proceeded to politely educate her on the symbol's history, the fact that it still represents the extremely anti-fascist German government today and that if anything I should be the one to take offense at her leveling accusations at me based on ignorant assumptions. I then asked her if she took similar offense to the kid who showed up to class a week before working a shirt with a portrait of Stalin on it. She didn't have an answer to that and this woman was supposed to teach history at a college level.

I find it ironic that the greatest lack of common sense and intelligence comes from the people who are supposed to be educators.
              "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

No one wore them before all the controversial crap that some made out of that flag. More power to those that wear it.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I don't see more Battle Flag Tshirts and I don't see fewer. I live in Texas which can get pretty old school. Of course if they are wearing them in Austin, something is going on!

Pruitt
                  Last edited by Pruitt; 20 Mar 16, 21:58.
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Once upon a time, people didn't like swearing of any sort and interracial relationships were looked down upon.

Reactions were pretty severe to the point of death too.

Were they "The Left" then too?

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      No one wore them before all the controversial crap that some made out of that flag. More power to those that wear it.
                      Saw a good amount in High School in central Jersey as well as south Jersey, Virginia when I was stationed there, and in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
                        Once upon a time, people didn't like swearing of any sort and interracial relationships were looked down upon.

Reactions were pretty severe to the point of death too.

Were they "The Left" then too?
                        They were the Democrats:

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...democrats.html
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                          I guess when they wear Che Guevara T-Shirt those on the right say the same thing, "oh just rebellious youths...." Oh wait....

Oh wait......they are Liberals...they have no clue.

Liberals still harbor a lot of their misguided, left-over-from-the 60s fantasies. One of them is that Che Guevara was a revolutionary hero. As a college professor, I occasionally encounter students wearing Che Guevara tee shirts. If they wear them to one of my classes, I like to ask the students what they know about Che. Here is the gist of a recent conversation I had with a college Freshman:
                          • Me: “Who is that on your shirt?”
                          • Student: “Oh, that’s like Che man.”
                          • Me: “Yes it is. It’s Che Guevara. What do you know about him?”
                          • Student: “He was like a really cool dude. He fought a revolution against the rich and stood up for the little people.”
                          • Me: “Where did you get that information about Che?”
                          • Student: “My grandfather told me. Gramps was like a student radical or something in the 1960s. He was in a bunch of war protests and stuff like that. He really likes Che”
                          • Me: “Your grandfather sounds like an interesting man. Are you aware that Che Guevara was a racist and a sadistic mass-murderer? Are you aware that Che, as commander of the La Cabana execution yard, not only condemned hundreds of people to death by firing squad, but got a special thrill out of shooting them himself after tying their hands behind their backs and forcing them to kneel? Are you aware that Che was especially fond of killing young men your age?”
                          • Student: “Whoa, Gramps never said anything about that. No way dude.”
                          • Me: “Way.”
                          • Student: “How do you know this stuff?”
                          • Me: “It’s common knowledge. Google it. Start with Che Guevara and the La Cabana execution yard.”
                          • Student: “Bummer.”
                          • Me: “Are you open to a suggestion?”
                          • Student: “Sure dude

http://patriotupdate.com/che-guevara...land-liberals/
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I don't see so many battle flags around here, but I've started wearing more of the shirts by Rangerup: Come and Take It, Tim Kennedy merchandise, get yer butt in gear motivational shirts. They get a positive response.

Whether its kids or adults, I'm generally bothered by people who wear shirts with absolutely no concern for what they're advertising. But there's no law against willful ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                              Oh the Dixiecrats.

Yeah, they swapped.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X