Obama's victory lap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's victory lap!

In his last year in office, President Obama, reflecting on his tenure and think of his legacy and his place in history is not happy with what he sees. It appears his first reaction is to throw every allied the US has under the bus.
    The responsibility of the Obama Doctrine, which he pointed to with pride just five years ago when running for election, the same doctrine that Hillary Clinton promoted with great enthusiasm while serving as Secretary of State, has left the Middle East in greater disarray and turmoil then at any time in memory. The next president will be saddled with a greater challenge then that he so consistently whined about throughout his entire presidency. His old rallying cry that roughly translated into “Blame Bush! Blame Bush! Blame Bush!”, is now being replaced with “Blame Cameron, Blame Assad, Blame Putin!.”
    In an interview with The Atlantic Obama had faulted British Prime Minister David Cameron and other European allies for shortcomings in dealing with Libya after the 2011 ouster of Muammar Qaddafi. “When I go back and I ask myself what went wrong there’s room for criticism, because I had more faith in the Europeans, given Libya’s proximity, being invested in the follow-up,” Obama said. He then singled out the British PM, suggesting Cameron had taken his eye off Libya after being “distracted by a range of other things.” Referring to the “Libya mess” in private, Obama reportedly used the term, “s*** show.” A statement that would in most people’s mind sound more crass than anything mumbled by Bush, who was well versed in “crass speak.”
    Throughout his presidency Obama has ignored think tanks, been openly critical of Pentagon analyst and to a great extent ignored advisors while portraying himself as an easy going scholarly law professor whose objectivity is beyond reproach, the enlighten thinker who can divine the truth like a mythological sage, waving his wand over and over and sprinkling the uneducated masses with magic pixy dust.
    In reality he is a tireless weaver of endless and procrastinations, masterly masking his unfounded illusions of self-confidence with exuberant dithering and hand-wringing. Calling the few Trans Arab World allies the US has “Free Riders” because they waited his leadership, it was on his watch that Libya, Egypt, and Syria descended into hellish bloodbaths funded and organized by Iran through Hezbollah and the Arab Brotherhood, who stepped over red line after red line that Obama drew in the sands. It was under his guidance and with his council that Iran was bequeathed it long desired nuclear agreement. Calling Obama’s reference a “curve ball” Saudi Arabia’s Prince Turki al-Faisal, he and Sheik Thamar of Kuwait are left wondering if they should “ salute you for trying your best to work with Iran only on their nuclear program despite knowing what Iran is doing for Hezbollah in Lebanon, for other places in the world, for bombings, for hijacking of aircraft, for assassinations of people,” or, “ salute them on how they can actually sit down and talk about only the nuclear program with the knowledge they have of how Iran is capable of doing all of these things.”
    Obama has clearly given up on any hope of resolution in the Middle East, except as it pertains to Iran. His legacy has been written by his own hand. He started his first term blaming his predecessor, he begins his victory lap by blaming our allies and his contemporaries, and he leaves those who follow him with an endless quagmire cast in a mix of human blood, dashed hopes, endless promises forgotten, and broken cities and fears of a nuclear arms race being carried out in a land ruled by Islamic Fundamentalist and extremist or dictatorial powers.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Add the impending implosion of Obamacare, his signature legislation to that. There are at least as many uninsured in America today as there were when that legislation was enacted. The number of companies offering plans on the exchange is rapidly headed to 1 or 0 depending on the state you look at. The healthy young pay the fine for not having insurance rather than buy a far more expensive plan.
    Those insurers still in the system are hemorrhaging money in losses as their largely unhealthy base of customers file huge claims. The subsidy supposedly from savings in Medicaid and insurance plan costs is deeper in the red than an underground diamond mine.

The employment rate is the lowest in 50+ years even as the administration keeps up the fiction of the u-30 unemployment rate being valid.

Green energy has been a costly failure pushed by the administration. Electric autos also pushed sell in the hundreds not the tens of thousands. The low price of gasoline even makes hybrid cars look pricey by comparison to their "normal" cousins.

The Stimulus never did. The recession recovery was anemic at best.

Overall, Obama is looking at the wreckage of a failed eight years in office for virtually everything he touched or had a hand in.

Comment

Obama will never be known as a great leader he's a self absorbed narcissistic who only looked out for himself.
      Good riddance it'll take years and many lives to reverse the damage he did with his Iran deal.

Comment

At least Jimmy Carter lived long enough to see someone overshadow his failed Presidency. I'm happy for him.
        It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself-- Th. Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          ...In his last year in office, President Obama, reflecting on his tenure and think of his legacy and his place in history is not happy with what he sees...
          Has he told you that? The last time he and I spoke, he seemed content.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
            Has he told you that? The last time he and I spoke, he seemed content.
            Sounds like at least one of you was smoking something suspicious.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

All lame ducks do this, prepare the evidence to make themselves look good, throw away the stuff you don't want at your library.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

His "victory lap" is more of a crash and burn. Imagine reaching the pinnacle of American political power and then doing nothing but screw it all up for eight long years. To quote Jim Carey: "Loooooser!"

Comment

True enough MM. While it is easy to criticize Bush for what he did in the Middle East, it is obvious that Obama's lack of leadership in that region has widened the scope of misery.
                  The AHCA has as predicted been a bust for 90% of the participants, the only people who it benifits are those who would have received free health care before the creation of this scam. For everyone else it has raised the cost.
                  Our nation is more divided then any time since the days of the race riots of the 1960s.
                  Our military lacks direction like a business without a mission statement, and that uncertainty has trickled down to the street, what Carter called a "malaise".
                  If the past and present are any indicator of the future, Mr. Obama will spend the rest of his days blaming everyone else.

Comment

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that history will show that Obama was the very worst president ever. There is very little (if anything) that he can say was good for all of America. Race relations have been set back decades, the Middle East is in shambles, ACA has screwed every working person out there, and the whole Iran deal is just insane. I can only hope that he lives the rest of his days knowing that his entire presidency was a massive failure.
                      Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by drivin-fool View Post
                        There is no doubt in my mind that history will show that Obama was the very worst president ever. There is very little (if anything) that he can say was good for all of America. Race relations have been set back decades, the Middle East is in shambles, ACA has screwed every working person out there, and the whole Iran deal is just insane. I can only hope that he lives the rest of his days knowing that his entire presidency was a massive failure.
                        I don't think he's the "worst ever." For example, Buchanan allowed the civil war to turn into a full scale armed conflict doing nothing to stop early actions by the South.

I'd put Obama on a scale of failure with Fillmore, Pierce, Harding, or Wilson, particularly Wilson. Wilson's foreign policy like Obama's was filled with Progressive wishing and blather that all ended disastrously. Wilson dithered as World War I progressed and ended up in it anyway horridly unprepared. He mucked up US relations with Mexico and Central America thoroughly. Then there was the League of Nations and his trying to negotiate a peace at the end of WW 1. All that got him was more bad outcomes and no international respect.
                        Domestically, the nation languished except for the well off / rich who made a fortune selling munitions to the British and French.

LBJ and Andrew Johnson are another pair that comes to mind. Both were vice presidents who assumed office when the President was assassinated. Both were horrid failures in office. They both acted dictatorial and expected Congress to rubber stamp their policies.
                        Johnson's reconstruction efforts in the South led to a century plus of economic ruin, political machinations, and resentment by Southerners.
                        LBJ's handing of Vietnam and his Great Society are reflected in Obama's failures, if not on quite the same scale. LBJ's efforts literally had the country in the streets on the verge of another civil war. It is fully possible that only Obama's incompetence and lethargy to do anything himself has kept the nation from going there in the last eight years, but it hasn't.

So, I'd put Obama in the bottom 10, possibly the bottom 5 but there were worse presidents than him.

Comment

I've got to disagree with you there TAG. No other president had the resources that bobo has. Of course I'm referring to the internet and other associated tools. But instead of paying attention to whats going on in the world he'd rather play golf and go fundraising. (Oh and blame cops and whitey for all the problems that we have here.)
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

BoBo's "victory lap":

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              I've got to disagree with you there TAG. No other president had the resources that bobo has. Of course I'm referring to the internet and other associated tools. But instead of paying attention to whats going on in the world he'd rather play golf and go fundraising. (Oh and blame cops and whitey for all the problems that we have here.)
                              Warren Harding did that too...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X