Bigotry is in the eye of the beholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    Why does a divisive candidate make for a better President?

"BoBo" is half white and hasn't done anything for blacks.

All candidates are divisive and that's a good thing : if you have enemies, it means you have convictions and that you are standing for them .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      All candidates are divisive and that's a good thing : if you have enemies, it means you have convictions and that you are standing for them .
      Divide by race and socioeconomic? There's no benefit to it. From a broader perspective, what's the point in us being "united" if we're constantly at odds and fighting? We'd be better off breaking into three different countries if no one wants to find common ground or compromise.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Divisiveness is the condition for democracy; if you want unanimity, you must look for a dictator .

United and being at odds and fighting do not exclude each other .

Besides : it is not "us" who are united, but the different states who form an union.

Comment

Dividing the country by race has nothing to do with democracy nor politics. It's not remotely constructive in any form. So you reach unanimity by creating a country for dems, republicans and libertarians. Where at least everyone would be in agreement in overarching principles.

Else, you achieve a thriving democracy in which differing ideals can coexist peacefully by being reasonable, uniting on common goals, adhering to the constitution, and yes be open to some form of give and take.

To vote for someone because he pisses the opposing side off the most is extremely juvenile and counterproductive. You have to keep in mind that he still has to work with the side that now hates him, so his ability to get anything done is going to be impossible.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Localyokel View Post
            All the candidates suck this year. It's like the electorate will only support someone who s completely insufferable... Think about it, could you see yourself being friends with any candidate up there aside from maybe Kasich?
            So vote for him an talk him up with friends and family. He is the best that we have and because of that he cannot get elected.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

No...it means that you have the wrong convictions, and that's why everybody hates you.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Dividing the country by race has nothing to do with democracy nor politics. It's not remotely constructive in any form. So you reach unanimity by creating a country for dems, republicans and libertarians. Where at least everyone would be in agreement in overarching principles.

Else, you achieve a thriving democracy in which differing ideals can coexist peacefully by being reasonable, uniting on common goals, adhering to the constitution, and yes be open to some form of give and take.

To vote for someone because he pisses the opposing side off the most is extremely juvenile and counterproductive. You have to keep in mind that he still has to work with the side that now hates him, so his ability to get anything done is going to be impossible.
                Absolutely correct, but tell it to all those misguided fools who voted for Obama because he was "black"....well...sort of, anyway. And if you want assinine in spades, Obama's clarion call to America was "I'm not Bush"! Brilliant. We elected a man to president because he wasn't the other guy.

Kind of puts voting for the guy who pisses off the other guy into better perspective, doesn't it?

The American two party system is completely broken, but unfortunately its very presence makes it impossible to fix it because that would collide with all of the vested interests. It will take the complete collapse of America to bring about any meaningful changes.

Comment

Divisiveness is the condition for democracy; if you want unanimity, you must look for a dictator .
                  No...you must look for someone who represents the will of the majority of the people at all times, doesn't lie, doesn't cheat and has morals and ethics.

People will follow a good leader, as our history has proven time and again. Divisiveness is a sign of poor leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It will take the complete collapse of America to bring about any meaningful changes.
                    True, which is one of the reasons why I won't be so mad if Trump actually wins. We need someone to take us to the bottom in order to rebuild.
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

True, which is one of the reasons why I won't be so mad if Trump actually wins. We need someone to take us to the bottom in order to rebuild.
                      That's a very interesting idea. Maybe he should be running on that platform - the guy who will start us all over again.

Meanwhile I think it's safe to say that American elections are now totally focused on the lowest common denominator in parties, candidates and voters.

There used to be a saying that great leaders arose in times of great troubles, but that does not seem to be the case any longer.

Comment

That has been done with your current hero.

My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                          So she is wearing a "BB" and not an "88", and the cross says nothing about white power and looks more like a Celtic Cross. Not sure what the flames mean? Go to hell?
                          The Aryan Circle use that cross. However, so do Celtic music groups.

If it is '88', it means 'heil Hitler'.

'H' is the 8th letter of the alphabet. 88=hh

Or it could be the year of her birth. Who knows?
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

[QUOTE=ljadw;3192089 : if you have enemies, it means you have convictions and that you are standing for them .[/QUOTE]

I have convictions.
                            Education will save the world.
                            Women are men equals
                            Teach love and tolerance for the foreigners to your child
                            Our kids are our richness

Surprisingly I have no enemies.
                            Do you have enemies?
                            I mean ,elsewhere than in your head ?
                            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                              I have convictions.
                              Education will save the world.
                              Women are men equals
                              Teach love and tolerance for the foreigners to your child
                              Our kids are our richness

Surprisingly I have no enemies.
                              Do you have enemies?
                              I mean ,elsewhere than in your head ?
                              Usual liberal blahblah from someone who denies that evil exist and who thinks that all men are good .

Education will save the world ? Thus Auschwitz proves that there wa no education between 1942 and 1945 :?

Teach love and tolerance for the foreigners to your child ? To the ISIS foreigners or to the New Year foreigners of Cologne ?

Never heard of : La tolérance,il y a des maisons pour cela ? (for the Shakespeare boys : une maison de tolérance = a house of prostitutes .)

There is to much tolerance for the criminals :it is time,more than time,for a big clean up .

Never heard of : la peur du gendarme est le commencement de le sagesse ? of course not

For the Shakespeare boys: Fear of the police is the beginning of wisdom.

Take away the police, and you will see how good people are .

Or maybe you think that the murderers of november in Paris were poor boys who never had the chance of a good education ?

Of course you have no enemies,because you remain in Alice's Wonderland and you refuse to enter the real world .

Liberalism has proved its incompetence, it is time for the good old means to protect society .
                              If it is already not to late .

The first mission of the state is to protect the citizens,well then : liberals have abandoned the people . Out with them .

Comment

I am 48 .
                                I am the only remaining person alive from my original family in France.
                                No.I am not living in Alice's wonderland.
                                I love my neighbor, you know ,the original message from the Bible.?
                                Not too bad for being an atheist myself .

I am simply not a paranoiac.
                                You're mistaking this term with coward.
                                Cowards .The way you see the others .You , alone against the whole world.
                                That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X