Bigotry is in the eye of the beholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Localyokel View Post
    All the candidates suck this year. It's like the electorate will only support someone who s completely insufferable... Think about it, could you see yourself being friends with any candidate up there aside from maybe Kasich?
    I doubt I would be friends with nearly any Prez who ever served.

I'm looking for a government manger, not a buddy.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I wonder how many from the following groups with be voting for Hillary.

New Black Panther Party
      War On The Horizon
      National Black Foot Soldier Network
      Nation of Islam
      Black Riders Liberation Party
      La Raza
      Aztlan
      Mecha

"If the racist "Sensenbrenner Legislation" passes the US Senate, there is no doubt that a massive civil disobedience movement will emerge. Eventually labor union power can merge with the immigrant civil rights and "Immigrant Sanctuary" movements to enable us to either form a new political party or to do heavy duty reforming of the existing Democratic Party. The next and final steps would follow and that is to elect our own governors of all the states within Azlan."
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Localyokel View Post
        All the candidates suck this year. It's like the electorate will only support someone who s completely insufferable... Think about it, could you see yourself being friends with any candidate up there aside from maybe Kasich?
        If you want a friend get a dog, if you want a president, vote!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          I answered your remark:

"Donald Trump so offensive to so many people and the fact that the Donald is so popular with people that are openly racist like David Duke does not seem to register."

With a link to an example of the grand dragon of the California KKK..... and it
          with you.

Why do you find KKK support for Trump so offensive but you are closed lipped about KKK support for Clinton....

Your agenda is obvious.
          The KKK has been a non-issue group for a long time. Unfounded concern over nothing.
          My worst jump story:
          No lie.

~
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            This is just media attacks on the GOP front runner.

Media articles and the polls that 'support them' don't impress me.

The Dems have owned the black vote for generations, so Trump, like any other GOP candidate, have little expectation there.

Funny how the legends of the Great Latino Vote hasn't benefitted Cruz...

I'm non-White, and I'll vote Trump if he's the GOP candidate.

Cruz was determined to be "not really Hispanic" because he comes from a conservative state.
            http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3224035.html

I love the racism of that stance (former dem governor Richardson) as it assumes that all members of a particular racial group must think the same way. The media supported that view too based on articles found in NBCLatino.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
              Clearly you missed the topic - this is not about Hillary Clinton so your posting is irrelevant, although I will point out that to the best of my knowledge no-one was cold cocked at Hillary's rallies, no-one threw out Nazi salutes at Hillary's rallies and that Hillary does not count people like these among her supporters.

http://gawker.com/pbs-news-story-on-...y-f-1765284316

But to get back on the original topic:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-in-gop-field/
              So she is wearing a "BB" and not an "88", and the cross says nothing about white power and looks more like a Celtic Cross. Not sure what the flames mean? Go to hell?
              My worst jump story:
              No lie.

~
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I thought we were electing a President. When did the Gov't manager job come open?
                It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself-- Th. Jefferson

Comment

It's getting pretty comical, the level of hysteria about who supports Trump. A handful of racists supporting one candidate or another doesn't really mean jack squat. As 101Combatvet mentioned plenty of racist groups support the democrats, it's just that the media and the Trump-haters ignore facts and only focus on the few tidbits that support their own opinion. This is just like the people who blame Trump for that guy punching the protester at his rally, then blame Trump again for Sanders supporters getting violent at an anti-Trump rally. Ridiculous.

Speaking of Azlan, why is it that the Mexican American racists think that states like California really belong to them? I looked it up once and in the entire history of the state of California Mexico owned it for only about 20 years. Thousands of years of native people living there, followed by hundreds of years that Spain ran things, 20 years of Mexican control and then 165 years or so as a US state. I guess those 20 years were really the most important ones? What makes it so odd is that the same Mexican-Americans who think it belongs to Mexico would never dream of moving back to Mexico themselves because it's so much worse than the US. Making those states part of Mexico would just make them like Mexico, and these same people would be jumping over the fence into Oregon, Utah etc. Crazy argument thankfully supported by not very many people.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    So she is wearing a "BB" and not an "88", and the cross says nothing about white power and looks more like a Celtic Cross. Not sure what the flames mean? Go to hell?
                    The cross is also know as the Odin cross and is a common symbol of white supremacist organizations.
                    Stormfront uses it in their logo as do many other white power organizations.

As to the comment about the "88", sure she has one white supremacist symbol tattooed on her (the cross) but for the other one she chose to tattoo "BB", not "88" in Gothic script. I'm sure it's because she's a HUGE Daisy fan.

Comment

Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post
                      The cross is also know as the Odin cross and is a common symbol of white supremacist organizations.

As to the comment about the "88", sure she has one white supremacist symbol tattooed on her (the cross) but for the other one she chose to tattoo "BB", not "88" in Gothic script. I'm sure it's because she's a HUGE Daisy fan.

I know, everyone's a racist.

"The even-armed cross within a circle has been ascribed many meanings by many groups and cultures. One such meaning is that of the stages of the day: morning, noon, evening, midnight. Another possibility includes the meeting places of the divine energy, of self, nature, wisdom and divinity. Of course, obvious relations such as east, north, south and west; or earth, air, water and fire can also be derived from the shape. Even the Native Americans used this as a symbol for their Medicine Wheel. The sun wheel has also been called Odinís Cross, a symbol in Norse Mythology."

My worst jump story:
                      No lie.

~
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post

This reminds me of the small tattoo on my hand. I've been branded a gang member by a few people. Was told that a small tattoo is a low-key method to identify my gang. The truth is that I was stabbed with an India Ink pen when I was in the 5th grade. But, yeah people come up with the wildest ****.
                        My worst jump story:
                        No lie.

~
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          More Dem sponsored hysteria. The way it looks to me, and a lot of other Americans, is that the more hysterical and irrational the Dems become over Trump, the better candidate Trump becomes.

Besides, BoBo is a total racist and the Latinos didn't come out then, so their actions now mean nothing, especially since they are Federal criminals by definition.
                          Why does a divisive candidate make for a better President?

"BoBo" is half white and hasn't done anything for blacks.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            This reminds me of the small tattoo on my hand. I've been branded a gang member by a few people. Was told that a small tattoo is a low-key method to identify my gang. The truth is that I was stabbed with an India Ink pen when I was in the 5th grade. But, yeah people come up with the wildest ****.

That's nothing............the nazis have infiltrated GWU:

http://www.hafsite.org/haf-applauds-...-swastika-case
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Bigotry is in the eye of the beholder, but when the beholder sees bigotry in his cheerios, everyone stops taking said beholder seriously.

Many of my fellow posters here just do not see what makes Donald Trump so offensive
                              Lots of people see what makes Trump offensive. They just don't agree with the Nazi hysteria.

to so many people and the fact that the Donald is so popular with people that are openly racist
                              So is Hillary Clinton and just about every other public figure.

like David Duke does not seem to register.
                              It registers. We just know better then to care. Every public figure has admirers who are racists. Star Trek has racist fans. Big deal. You can't avoid it.

What I have learned a long time ago is that just because you do not find something offensive does not mean that it is inoffensive.
                              True but also meaningless. Everything is offensive to somebody.

A lot of people thought that "The Sopranos" was just good television, while a lot of Italian Americans like me found it to be quite the opposite. The excuse that was trotted out at the time was that not all Italian Americans found the show offensive.
                              There is nothing about it to be offended by unless you're overly sensitive. I'm guessing you didn't like the fact that the gangsters were Italian-American? So what? I don't see you griping over Boardwalk Empire having Irish-American gangsters. I certainly wasn't offended by it. If they made a move about white protestant Missouri gangsters (Lawless comes close) I wouldn't be offended there either. You're just being overly sensitive.

Sorry, wrong answer! The fact that something is not universally offensive does not excuse it.
                              Sure it does. In this age of perpetually hurt feelings, someone's going to get a hair up their about something. If we ban everything offensive to anyone then we ban everything. I find Bill Maher to be a pompous d-nozzle but my being offended by him does not prompt me to rant at HBO to remove his show. I just don't watch him. You, similarly, are free to NOT WATCH The Sopranos. Boom, offensiveness avoided.

It may be okay to fart around your buddies watching football but would you pass gas in church?
                              Our Wednesday night adult class was floored with laughter when the baby in the room let a loud one rip. Being in church doesn't stop it from being funny.

So, to discuss just one of the groups that the Donald has managed to offend here you go.

Latinos line up to get naturalized and stop Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/16/politi...ump/index.html
                              They are free to be offended by him. They are free not to vote for him. And Trump is free not to care. That's the nice thing about living in a FREE country.

You guys are actually doing a good job of steering me toward Trump. I started out not liking him but between the Nazi screamers and the Church of Perpetual Self Pity and Victimhood, you guys do a good job of getting me to think "well at least he isn't THAT bad".
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                                That's nothing............the nazis have infiltrated GWU:

http://www.hafsite.org/haf-applauds-...-swastika-case
                                Thank God they are not white.

You have to wonder why are these people so dumb?
                                My worst jump story:
                                No lie.

~
                                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X