Sanders supporters revolt against superdelegates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
    As AJR suggests. People are fed up with politicians. It is a protest vote more than anything. They do not care about "plans." The message being sent is what is most important.

Tuebor
    Not exactly what I suggested.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
      I'd like to understand how a carpets seller like Trump ,was able to steal the Republican vote .
      I mean ,how disappointed were the Reps voters ,for believing one second that this guy has a plan for your country?
      He has a plan for him ,not for you .
      He succeeded in most of the aspects of his life ,he had to try politic.Just like a new market to conquer.Listen to the customers and then sell them what they want to get.
      The 0 level of political science.
      Look at the two quotes below and you have my sentiments as well!

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Trump's not Hillary-that's point #1.

Cruz is just another cut-out politician. He couldn't stand out, couldn't grab the voters' attention. Trump does that, he brings an energy and an excitement.

Mainly people are getting tired of professional Federal politicians.
      Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
      As AJR suggests. People are fed up with politicians. It is a protest vote more than anything. They do not care about "plans." The message being sent is what is most important.

Tuebor
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I'd like to understand how a carpets seller like Trump ,was able to steal the Republican vote .
        I mean ,how disappointed were the Reps voters ,for believing one second that this guy has a plan for your country?
        He has a plan for him ,not for you .
        He succeeded in most of the aspects of his life ,he had to try politic.Just like a new market to conquer.Listen to the customers and then sell them what they want to get.
        The 0 level of political science.
        1940 : we want Willkie, 2016 : we want Trump.

1912 : we want Wilson;1896 : we want Bryan, 1900 :we
        want Bryan, 1904 : we want Bryan.

2016 : we do NOT want the Clinton woman .

Comment

I'd like to understand how a carpets seller like Trump ,was able to steal the Republican vote

.Listen to the customers and then sell them what they want to get.

Trump was not the mayor of Chicago (Daley) neither is he the prefect of Corse .

It would be a stupid politician to sell the voters what they do not want to get .

Of course, you can always try .

The mood of the voters is : Washington, we come (meaning : your SOBs,there will be a lot of lynchings at the Potomac) and Trump is surfing on this mood .

Trump knows what the voters want ,and this makes him a successful candidate .

Comment

Not exactly what I suggested.
            I stand corrected.

Tuebor

Comment

Nope.
              So you are arguing that people are upset with only Washington politicians?

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                Trump was not the mayor of Chicago (Daley) neither is he the prefect of Corse .

It would be a stupid politician to sell the voters what they do not want to get .

Of course, you can always try .

The mood of the voters is : Washington, we come (meaning : your SOBs,there will be a lot of lynchings at the Potomac) and Trump is surfing on this mood .

Trump knows what the voters want ,and this makes him a successful candidate .
                I agree. I'm not 100% sure Trump suspected he'd get such a reaction but it has snowballed as more people look at the alternative "same old" candidates. The two major parties have been putting themselves ahead of the people for too long and there was bound to be some reaction from voters. Even now, as Republican leaders discuss how they'll handle the convention they are still talking about what's good for the Republican Party, not what's good for the American people. You make a good point: a salesman can be a lot more successful selling a product people want to buy rather than trying to sell them something they don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  Super Delegates are made up of the Democrat elite. As such, they vote for the party's, or big money donor's, choice for President regardless of the voting outcome in the state they represent.

They are a negative in the election process hardly any different from cheating, something Democrats have been very good at getting away with since the 60s.
                  They exist to keep the "unwashed" from owning the white house. God forbid that the "people" actually pick and choose! It's a good gamebit, the Dems are generally too dense to understand.

Now..... don't the Reps just wish THEY had a similar deal!

Oh well, my guess is that there WILL BE a similar system in place for the Reps after this year's fiasco.

GG
                  "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X