No announcement yet.

I Wish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wish that our political cycles could be held to a 90 day campaign. We could all go at a great pace and then elect our representatives of various stripes and then we could maybe settle down before the boredom and disgust begin.

But I think that American Politics has become a business for the Consultants, Think Tanks and TV Pundits and if they cut back the hype it would cut back on their incomes.

At any rate, the Missouri Primary is done. So I am sort of on hiatus also until the Conventions. It's just hard to maintain interest for a year and a half in dirty politics. It does get old.
    Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
      I just wish that our political cycles could be held to a 90 day campaign. We could all go at a great pace and then elect our representatives of various stripes and then we could maybe settle down before the boredom and disgust begin.
      So you want a bunch of 90 day wonders running the country? lol sorry, couldn't resist! Actually it would be nice if it could be limited somehow.
      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post

But I think that American Politics has become a business for the Consultants, Think Tanks and TV Pundits and if they cut back the hype it would cut back on their incomes.

At any rate, the Missouri Primary is done. So I am sort of on hiatus also until the Conventions. It's just hard to maintain interest for a year and a half in dirty politics. It does get old.
        It used to take upwards an entire year to hold the general elections. Consider us lucky.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
          It used to take upwards an entire year to hold the general elections. Consider us lucky.

Tuebor
          And now it takes 2 years, if you are still watching the news regularly.

Lucky? Cursed, more like.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X