Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton: 'We didn't lose a single person' in Libya

This isn't going to go over well.....

Hillary Clinton on Monday defended the intervention in Libya that she championed as secretary of state, telling MSNBC's Chris Matthews that the United States "didn't lose a single person."

“Libya was a different kind of calculation. And we didn't lose a single person. We didn't have a problem in supporting our European and Arab allies in working with NATO,” the former secretary of state said during an MSNBC town hall on Monday night.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-d...#ixzz42z7GO2jC
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Prediction, her followers won't care.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Prediction, her followers won't care.
      I would bet a big pile of money on that, they all enjoy the Kool Aid!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

She is guilty of lying, treason, and complete incompetence.

She is also despicable.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Well, in keeping with Slick Willie's tap-dancing before his impeachment, we did not in fact lose a single person in Libya.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

We didn't do anything in particular in Libya either so...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              We didn't do anything in particular in Libya either so...
              Yes we did, we made one hell of a mess!
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                Yes we did, we made one hell of a mess!
                Though considering the size of the mess in Syria from when we didn't get involved, maybe the mess in Libya is a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  Though considering the size of the mess in Syria from when we didn't get involved, maybe the mess in Libya is a blessing.
                  Or the mess in Iraq, Egypt, Yemen, Afghanistan, Sudan... among other places. Kinda argues that the Obama-Clinton team screwed the pooch on foreign policy doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Or the mess in Iraq, Egypt, Yemen, Afghanistan, Sudan... among other places. Kinda argues that the Obama-Clinton team screwed the pooch on foreign policy doesn't it?
                    It's his biggest failing, in my opinion. Obama was a domestically focused president who wanted to disengage and focus on issues at home - Obamacare, etc. - but he came into power at a time when the US needed someone with a deft hand at foreign policy.

One can argue how positive or negative his impact has been at home. There is no doubt that he took the terrible situation Bush handed him and made it far worse.

Though I guess he has killed fewer Americans than Bush, so that's one positive against a long column of failures.

Comment

It's his biggest failing, in my opinion. Obama was a domestically focused president who wanted to disengage and focus on issues at home - Obamacare, etc. - but he came into power at a time when the US needed someone with a deft hand at foreign policy.

One can argue how positive or negative his impact has been at home. There is no doubt that he took the terrible situation Bush handed him and made it far worse.

Though I guess he has killed fewer Americans than Bush, so that's one positive against a long column of failures.
                      And not very good at it either.

My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

One can make a great case he failed at home too.

The employment rate is the lowest in half a century and the economy is stalled in doldrums.

There are roughly as many uninsured today as when Obamacare took effect and on top of that health insurance policy rates have risen dramatically.

More arguably, racial tension and unrest have shot up to levels not seen since the 60's.

The federal debt has nearly tripled.

On the whole I'd characterize his Presidency as a near complete failure.

Comment

"We didn't lose a single person in Libya".

Who is "we", Kemo Sabe?
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            And not very good at it either.

Golf...the only sport where even presidents can dress like pimps.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"We didn't lose a single person in Libya".

What a great campaign ad this is going to make for Republicans this fall.

In her own words, as photos and videos of those that died violently in the biggest coverup since the USS Liberty in 1967 are displayed for all to see.
                              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X