Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a flip flop. Anyone remember the battle between takers and makers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a flip flop. Anyone remember the battle between takers and makers?

Remember the Romeny 47%???? Those that pay taxes vs those that don't? What happened to that? Used to be conservative hot issue. No more.

Sen Rubio wants to drop 10 million MORE off the roles.

Sen Cruz want to drop 18 million more off the roles.

Trump wants to drop 33 million more....

Sen Sanders wants to add some back to the roles....

Wow what universe are we in. Grove Norquist is saying the same thing the Democrats were in 2012....

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...blicans-220650

“It was a stupid debate,” Grover Norquist, the influential anti-tax activist says. He is quick to note that the poor pay all sorts of other taxes.
    “It may not be the federal income tax, but they pay sales taxes and excise taxes and they read that little tax at the end of the phone bill,” he said. “You talk to low-income people and they will list the taxes they pay.”
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

It's spelled 'rolls'.

As in 'on the rolls'.

As opposed to 'he plays a role',
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      It's spelled 'rolls'.

As in 'on the rolls'.

CE spelled it right... "I'm not really a taxpayer. I only play one during political campaigns..."

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        Remember the Romeny 47%???? Those that pay taxes vs those that don't? What happened to that? Used to be conservative hot issue. No more.
        I think he was talking about people dependent on the government. If Cruz & Rubio want to add more people to health care, food, housing......then I would say this was a flip flop.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ate-fundraiser
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          I think he was talking about people dependent on the government. If Cruz & Rubio want to add more people to health care, food, housing......then I would say this was a flip flop.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

Yes, there was no discussion about how we many, many people that don't pay income taxes... Yup, nothing like that.

Search the old politics forum, still all there.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            It's spelled 'rolls'.

As in 'on the rolls'.

OH NO'S!!!!!!!!
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Read your own quote.

Plus more of the quote:

"And I mean the president starts out with 48, 49 percent … he starts off with a huge number," Romney continued. "These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. So he’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Let's go back to 2012.

Heritage:

http://www.heritage.org/research/com...ould-pay-taxes

All about those people NOT paying federal income tax.

Ted Nugget even writes a column in the Washington Times about it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cent/?page=all

Mitt Romney hit the bull’s-eye with his comments regarding the 47 percent of Americans who do not have any skin in the game as it pertains to paying federal income tax. Facts are facts.

Mr. Romney is not backing down. Good. The truth is the truth and it’s long past time someone said it.
                If you truly seek “fair,” then everyone should have some federal income tax skin in the game.
                Lots more out there.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Read your own quote.

Plus more of the quote:
                  CE, you just replied twice to my one post. A sure sign that you are having second thoughts about your OP.

I quoted the original source. Romney was clearly talking about the people that are dependent on government handouts. You can lisen to the video and read the words...it is clear. I made sure that I included the "These are people who pay no income tax" because the people that are dependent on government handouts....don't pay taxes.

If someone gives you $20 to buy something and after taxes it comes out to $20....did you pay the taxes?

I'll say it again:

If Cruz & Rubio want to add more people to health care, food, housing......then I would say this was a flip flop.

As it stands so far, the only one flip flopping here is you.
                  Last edited by Nichols; 13 Mar 16, 19:18.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Let's go back to 2012.
                    CE, that is exactly where I took us, back to 2012 with the original article.

Heritage:

http://www.heritage.org/research/com...ould-pay-taxes

All about those people NOT paying federal income tax.

Ted Nugget even writes a column in the Washington Times about it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cent/?page=all

Lots more out there.
                    As I said, I linked the original article.

The rest of the links/stories that you are providing are opinions generated from the original story. You and others can take the front end of the quote out and claim that it is all about taxes but when you look at the whole quote......it was clearly about people dependent on government handouts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X