No announcement yet.

If this guy were Trump, he'd be called Racist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a thread about the Polish Foreign Minister's view of Syrian refugees in Europe doing in the North America section?
    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
      What is a thread about the Polish Foreign Minister's view of Syrian refugees in Europe doing in the North America section?
      Because the OP is trying a bizarre way of arguing that Trump is not racist apparently based on whether or not something said by Polish Minister is racist or not.

As for the proposal, creating a militia of expats to re-enter the conflict may have some merit.

And if that is all Trump had said that would fine. But of course that is not all Trump says.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
        Because the OP is trying a bizarre way of arguing that Trump is not racist apparently based on whether or not something said by Polish Minister is racist or not.
        While your mental and semantic gymnastics are sometimes entertaining, it still leaves the question; why do you think everything has to be turned upside-down before it can be approved for the consumption of the masses?

What I said was if trump had said this, he would have been called a racist... and then the other usual pejoratives.
        And damn, it does look as if I struck a nerve here, from the hate directed straight at me on the previous page.

As for the proposal, creating a militia of expats to re-enter the conflict may have some merit.

And if that is all Trump had said that would fine. But of course that is not all Trump says.
        So, huh?
        You would approve if not for.... what?

Got some quotes to toss out so I can go back and find the true context and full quote, instead of the media-redacted and politically approved version?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          While your mental and semantic gymnastics are sometimes entertaining, it still leaves the question; why do you think everything has to be turned upside-down before it can be approved for the consumption of the masses?

What I said was if trump had said this, he would have been called a racist... and then the other usual pejoratives.
          And damn, it does look as if I struck a nerve here, from the hate directed straight at me on the previous page.

Easy there, I guess I'm the one who struck a nerve

I wasn't directing any 'hate" just noting that your sense of Trump's martyrdom has caused you to advance a bizarre argument.

In fact I would be happy to concede that if Trump had raised this proposal some would use it as an excuse to talk again about real or imagined racism. But it would be because it would be raised in the context of his other comments and now any comments he makes will be seen against that background.

As for me personally, I haven't decided whether Trump is actually racists or not. I don't know because I simply can't credit anything he says on any topic. His actual tactic is more of pandering. Makes an blanket statement about illegal immigrants criminals or banning Muslims in order to give an "I'm one of you" nod to the xenophobes and then backtracks, qualifies and whines about being picked on.

If he had actually come out and said "I hate all black people" I would simply wonder who he was pandering to and I would give it as much weight as his comment that "I am the least racist person you have ever met"

But the problem with pandering of that kind is now becoming apparent. His glib "saying it like it is" attitude means that he may have ruined his campaign by making him the poster boy for both extremes and thus a symbol of ugly divisiveness.

Trump supporters of course will whine and say it is all so unfair, but it was a dangerous political game he was playing and this is a predictable result.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

So, huh?
            You would approve if not for.... what?

Got some quotes to toss out so I can go back and find the true context and full quote, instead of the media-redacted and politically approved version?
            What hate directed straight at you? You said someone was stalking you and were then asked how, especially given that they had not even engaged with you. That seems to be your definition of hate.
            "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
            G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
            Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              If these "Young Syrian Men" had what it takes to be trained and fight for their freedom why did they flee in the first place?
              Maybe they are trained, and are simply redeploying. This "migration" is a perfect way to move whole units.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I wasn't directing any 'hate" just noting that your sense of Trump's martyrdom has caused you to advance a bizarre argument.

Funny, ain't it.

As for me personally, I haven't decided whether Trump is actually racists or not. I don't know because I simply can't credit anything he says on any topic. His actual tactic is more of pandering. Makes an blanket statement about illegal immigrants criminals or banning Muslims in order to give an "I'm one of you" nod to the xenophobes and then backtracks, qualifies and whines about being picked on.

If he had actually come out and said "I hate all black people" I would simply wonder who he was pandering to and I would give it as much weight as his comment that "I am the least racist person you have ever met"
                Agree. If he said the sky was blue I still look out the window to make sure. If he thought saying the sky was green would win him votes he'd do it.

Hunter S. Thompson famously said Bill Clinton: "Bill Clinton would have played the Jew's harp stark naked on 60 Minutes if he thought it would help him get elected. He is the Willy Loman of Generation X, a traveling salesman from Arkansas who has the loyalty of a lizard with its tail broken off and the midnight taste of a man who'd double-date with the Rev. Jimmy Swaggart."

Trump is worse. So much worse.

But the problem with pandering of that kind is now becoming apparent. His glib "saying it like it is" attitude means that he may have ruined his campaign by making him the poster boy for both extremes and thus a symbol of ugly divisiveness.

Trump supporters of course will whine and say it is all so unfair, but it was a dangerous political game he was playing and this is a predictable result.
                The stupid thing is that having unexpectedly got himself into a position to win the GOP nomination he runs the risk of scaring off independents who might vote for him by overdoing the populism. Tapping into anger is always a fine line, and he's in danger of falling on the 'extremist' side.
                Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

People, you must understand there is huge number of Afghans and Iraqi refugees,Syrians is practically minority.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk
                  Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

In fact I would be happy to concede that if Trump had raised this proposal some would use it as an excuse to talk again about real or imagined racism. But it would be because it would be raised in the context of his other comments and now any comments he makes will be seen against that background.

The passive aggressive tactic is a well known and discredit form of discourse. So is propaganda which constantly repeats the same foolishness until someone bites.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X