Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump or Sanders who is the truest underdog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
    True, Rudy was a true underdog rather than someone who claims being the underdog in order to gain some leverage.
    I still think Rocky is a better example.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Use of quotes in politics

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
      Trump.
      FDR and Carter who admired the far left like Sanders does have been elected no one who admired the Axis powers and are as far right like Trump is have been elected President.
      It's all mute Clinton will win.
      Admires the Axis powers?
      The use of one Mussolini quote doesn't make you an admirer surely.
      In fact it what Mussolini (supposedly said ): “It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.” isn't particularly Fascistic as such.

Heck, could have been said by any one of a thousand statesmen generals, captains of industry, 'men of action' etc:
      Alexander the Great, Ulysses S Grant, Napoleon, Churchill, Patton, Teddy Roosevelt, Peter the Great, Cochise, Jim Bowie, Ted Nugent, Germaine Greer.

Trump said of his use of the quote:
      “It’s a very good quote,” he said on NBC’s Meet the Press, adding that he didn’t want to be associated with the dictator. “I didn’t know who said it, but what difference does it make if it was Mussolini or somebody else? It’s a very good quote.

Cripes, you wouldn't call Ronnie an admirer of the Axis powers just because of his moronic Bitburg faux pas would you?

Regards
      lodestar

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
        No not really.
        Can't see Trump or Sanders as second-team or towel-holders at all.

I view true underdogs as those battling directly against the odds in the contest they are engaged in. Be it warfare, politics, sport, business, education, 'trying to fit in', art/culture, international relations, trade and industry, entertainment or social advancement.

so in regards to the two candidates:

. They are directly competing are they not?

. They are essentially running against the conventional tide are they not?

. Most Americans would not view them as someone they would be happy to have as president do they not?

My question is who is the truest underdog - ie who faces the hardest challenge and who is battling the greatest odds.

Regards lodestar
        If you don't see Sanders as being on the second team as dictated by the Democratic elites you have not been following the Primaries. They want Clinton.

If you can't see Trump as a second team Republican you have not been following the primaries. The republican elites don't want him.

Neither however are underdogs in the classic sense because they are both powerful men in their own right.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by lodestar View Post
          Trump or Sanders who is the truest underdog?
          In regard to either We the People are the underdog...

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
            As soon as you start feeling like a victim the Left has won.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
              No joke there, we're screwed either way. Its just whom do you want it from...

I like the conservative agenda more because it tends to respect peoples rights more. (Property rights, freedom of speech and other assorted values...)

And before you flip out, compare how the libbies restrict land usage, desire to restrict speech that doesn't conform to their ideology, and tax the hell out you...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X