A paragraph you'd like in the next President's Inauguration Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A paragraph you'd like in the next President's Inauguration Speech

I thought I'd start a thread on what you'd like the next President to say in his or her inauguration speech. Of course people can post what they want, but I view each post as a paragraph, and also each as standing alone. In other words, don't try to refute someone's post, other than to state your case in the "speech".

Tomorrow I plan to order all Federal Agencies including the NSA and Homeland Security to report to me the nature and extent of the bulk information regarding Americans that has been captured and stored, as well as what bulk information is currently being collected. These reports will also include why this information was captured and stored, and upon what authorization. Within a month I will report this information to the Congress and the American people. The people, through their elected representatives, can then decide what, if anything to change. Let me be clear: this refers to bulk surveillance, not targeted surveillance approved through the FISA process.

Comment

It is my intention to reduce the size of the Federal government: to this end I am asking congress to pass a law that requires that any new law must have 2 old laws removed from the books before it can be implemented. Further I am signing an executive order that requires each agency to reduce the number of pages in the Federal registry by 10% per year or lose funding equal to twice the amount that they fail by.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
        Tomorrow I plan to order all Federal Agencies including the NSA and Homeland Security to report to me the nature and extent of the bulk information regarding Americans that has been captured and stored, as well as what bulk information is currently being collected. These reports will also include why this information was captured and stored, and upon what authorization. Within a month I will report this information to the Congress and the American people. The people, through their elected representatives, can then decide what, if anything to change. Let me be clear: this refers to bulk surveillance, not targeted surveillance approved through the FISA process.
        One month? Your first term would expire before you had a handle on it.

Those are databases. Most have been gathered via Clinton's Anti-Crime Act, which was passed in the mid-90s and which grants most of the powers attributed to the Patriot Act.

Besides, speeches are pointless. Bobo promised to close Gitmo on his first day. Its still open.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

What would I like to see?

"In the next four years we are going to shut down NASA, the Post Office, and reduce the n umber of flag officers by 25%."
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
            Let me be clear:
            You're kidding...right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNcHS0c5W8
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Bye ya all, going golfing see you in four years. Take care now.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I'd like to thank all the large corporations and foreign political and economic interests for their generous donations without which my campaign would never have gotten off the ground..

Comment

Within the next three months, I intend to take steps to reduce the amount of money hidden in the "black budget" of the Defense Dept. and various intelligence agencies, and to increase the information available to the public about how the money is being spent. I will work with my national security team to declassify where possible, and with Congress to review any laws that should be changed. Of course we must keep secrets from adversaries, both current and potential. But too often "secrecy" has been used by people for other reasons. I don't intend to forget that the funds for this black spending, like all spending, ultimately come from the American People.
                  Last edited by lakechampainer; 12 Mar 16, 08:04.

Comment

Iceland got it wright. We need to jail those bankers that screwed up and then tried to cover it up, All so they should give back that bail out money since it is the peoples money.
                    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      I'm totally serious - I'm making posts in this thread in the spirit I discussed in the first post. Also, I'm not going to try to refute refutations of my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        What would I like to see?

"In the next four years we are going to shut down NASA, the Post Office, and reduce the n umber of flag officers by 25%."
                        what it nasa do to you. I mean they less than a penny on your tax dollar.
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                          what it nasa do to you. I mean they less than a penny on your tax dollar.
                          It would free up money to keep funding the endless wars that the Right is so fond of.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                            It would free up money to keep funding the endless wars that the Right is so fond of.
                            that's why you should vote neil degrasse Tyson for president.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I intend to nominate for Attorney General a respected and qualified member of the other party. There are of course many such people. I feel that we as a nation have suffered as BOTH PARTIES have had partisan Attorney Generals. And yes - especially recently. The American people must have confidence that the Attorney General and the Department of Justice are all about the law - specifically the fair and impartial enforcement and administration of the law.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X