X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen Cruz on Trump Supporters: "low information" voters

Sen Rafael Edward Cruz believes that supporters of Donald Trump are:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...rmation-voters

Donald does well with voters who have relatively low information, who are not that engaged and who are angry, and they see him as an angry voice
    "Where we are beating him is when voters get more engaged and they get more informed.”
    Trump is part of the problem according to Sen Cruz.

"If you’re angry at the corruption of Washington, you don’t solve it by supporting someone who has been enmeshed in the Washington corruption for 40 years,”
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

The pot calling the kettle black

Calling the Trump voters idiots will bring Cruz not more votes : a US senator should know that the first rule in politics is :never blame the voters,because they are your boss and are always right .

Second rule is : never get caught with your pockets full of bribe money, because voters will not trust an amateur .

You can get caught with your pants down, as voters are tolerant in such things ;

Comment

I find the choices except for Kasich to be very depressing. Its as if God is angry with us and is cursing our nation with terrible leaders.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Or the American people are cursing their selves. There were plenty of good leaders to choose from, the American public by large would rather vote for cons and idiots though.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Tp tell you the truth i do not think that supporters of trump have
          1) elevators goes all the way to the top floor.
          2) are playing with a full deck
          3) have one too many chromosomes

Comment

The vast majority of voters are low information voters, across both parties and in all countries. The percentage of people who actually care about, much less understand the issues they're voting about is frighteningly small. Then again if most people actually understood and cared enough to make intelligent, well informed decisions, neither party would exist in its current form.
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
              The vast majority of voters are low information voters, across both parties and in all countries. The percentage of people who actually care about, much less understand the issues they're voting about is frighteningly small. Then again if most people actually understood and cared enough to make intelligent, well informed decisions, neither party would exist in its current form.
              Correct. Any "single issue" or "party line" voter is low information.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                The pot calling the kettle black

Calling the Trump voters idiots will bring Cruz not more votes : a US senator should know that the first rule in politics is :never blame the voters,because they are your boss and are always right .

Second rule is : never get caught with your pockets full of bribe money, because voters will not trust an amateur .

You can get caught with your pants down, as voters are tolerant in such things ;
                Obama constantly blames the voters.
                Clinton was caught with foreign bribe money and his pants down.

Nothing has happened to either of them.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by bill shack View Post
                  Tp tell you the truth i do not think that supporters of trump have
                  1) elevators goes all the way to the top floor.
                  2) are playing with a full deck
                  3) have one too many chromosomes
                  We feel the same way about Canadians, no matter how they vote.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The tragedy here is that Cruz can't get past his ego enough to understand that voting for Trump is voting against people like him. The definition of stupid is to keep electing the same kind of people and expect different results. If Cruz thinks he is special he really is out to lunch. The reason he so unpopular with his fellow senators is because he is full of himself.

I saw a speech he gave to wall street where he told them that their brand of crony capitalism has to end. Like he was the going to transform them on the spot with the magic of his charisma and intellect. I'm sure they all went away saying what a pompous ass.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

What makes Trump anti-establishment aside from being extremely brash. What is he going to do policy wise that's so different or groundbreaking? The only things he has proposed that's outside of the status quo are things he can't legally act on, like purposefully killing civilians.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Cruz is being particularly stupid. Half is voters are "Low information" voters so why would he attack them? Besides, if what he says is true (however one might define "low information") he needs their votes to beat Trump. Such haughty statements are part of his problem.

(Fictional)John Jay: "You could shoot somebody. Accidentally I mean."
                        (Fictional)T. Roosevelt: "Now John, I would never shoot anyone. I need their vote."

(From "The Wind and the Lion")

Tuebor

Comment

I don't like Trump but Cruz I do not believe is electable and more importantly he has no idea how to negotiate.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Cruz just did the Romney's 47% insult of the voter base.

Way to go.
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I voted for Cruz, but this is the sort of thing that is draining my belief in his chances.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X