No announcement yet.

Clinton Campaign: Charges of Role in 2009 Honduran Coup Are ‘Simply Nonsense’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton Campaign: Charges of Role in 2009 Honduran Coup Are ‘Simply Nonsense’

Pretty damning, and something I was not aware of ... though sadly I am not surprised.
    http://latinousa.org/2016/03/09/clin...-coup-support/
    In response to an article published last week in The Nation asking Hillary Clinton if the former Secretary of State “is still proud of the hell she helped routinize in Honduras” as a result of the country’s 2009 coup, a spokesperson for the Clinton campaign told Latino USA that such characterizations and questions are “simply nonsense.”
    “That charge is simply nonsense,” Director of Hispanic Media Jorge Silva wrote in an email to Latino USA. “Hillary Clinton engaged in active diplomacy that resolved a constitutional crisis and paved the way for legitimate democratic elections.”
    In “Hard Choices,” Clinton describes her role in the aftermath of the coup that brought about this dire situation. Her firsthand account is significant both for the confession of an important truth and for a crucial false testimony.
    First, the confession: Clinton admits that she used the power of her office to make sure that Zelaya would not return to office. “In the subsequent days [after the coup] I spoke with my counterparts around the hemisphere, including Secretary [Patricia] Espinosa in Mexico,” Clinton writes. “We strategized on a plan to restore order in Honduras and ensure that free and fair elections could be held quickly and legitimately, which would render the question of Zelaya moot.”

Oh well, there is a first time for everything. Historically we don't go meddling in other country's affairs.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Bull ****.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

A side-note about this Honduran Crises. After it occurred, the leftists who were kicked out asked Obama to do something (figuring they had an ally)
        Obama said "No" and his reasoning was that he was following the advice of the typical Latin American slogan of "Yankee Go Home"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X