Obama snubs Nancy Reagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama snubs Nancy Reagan

Seems Obama has better things to do than attend Nancy Reagan's funeral. He's going to something called SXSW, The South by Southwest Interactive Festival... whatever the hell that is...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oba...cL&ocid=SMSDHP

I'll say it too. I bet he'd be first on the guest list if Reagan was Black.

Probably for the best. I wouldn't want the likes of him at my funeral. He'd just cheapen the whole thing with his presence, especially if he opened his mouth. He wouldn't be there to show respect he'd be there for the photo op. I'm glad he skipped Scalia's too. He has no place giving lip service pretending to honor people so much greater than him.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Pathetic if he didn't offer. But, good. They probably don't want him.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        ...Seems Obama has better things to do than attend Nancy Reagan's funeral....
        Are you planning to attend?

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
          Probably for the best. I wouldn't want the likes of him at my funeral. He'd just cheapen the whole thing with his presence, especially if he opened his mouth. He wouldn't be there to show respect he'd be there for the photo op. I'm glad he skipped Scalia's too. He has no place giving lip service pretending to honor people so much greater than him.
          It's a private funeral, not camera's etc. So there goes that ODS theory. The current First Lady will attend in the President's place.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
            Pathetic if he didn't offer. But, good. They probably don't want him.
            You're really up on the news. Keep it up.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

What we expect from a narcissistic, inadequate little man. He cannot possibly attend an event where he is not the person being honored.

The man is an utter ass, but at least he always remains in character.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Seems Obama has better things to do than attend Nancy Reagan's funeral. He's going to something called SXSW, The South by Southwest Interactive Festival... whatever the hell that is...

The SXSW Interactive Festival is an annual symposium for digital startups and emerging technologies that takes place each year in Austin, Texas, concurrently with a film and music festival.
                BoBo is the keynote speaker, and you know how much he loves the sound of his own voice...
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  It's a private funeral, not camera's etc. So there goes that ODS theory. The current First Lady will attend in the President's place.
                  Covering your six.

A private funeral service will be held Friday for former first lady Nancy Reagan, who died Sunday at the age of 94.
                  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fun...d=ansmsnnews11
                  Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                  Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Of course, everything has to be racial. What's the difference between this and blacks calling racism at every minor situation? You're obviously no better.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      Of course, everything has to be racial. What's the difference between this and blacks calling racism at every minor situation? You're obviously no better.
                      Then how come when a Black is involved Obama goes out of his way to attend or get involved and when it doesn't this sort of thing happens?

You give me a non-sequitur bordering on an ad hominem while my original claim, cautiously made, was based on 7 years of observation.

Comment

Who knows if she'd ever wanted a black Dem assisting her burial ?
                        She wasn't that PC ,no ?
                        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Then how come when a Black is involved Obama goes out of his way to attend or get involved and when it doesn't this sort of thing happens?

You give me a non-sequitur bordering on an ad hominem while my original claim, cautiously made, was based on 7 years of observation.
                          Their claim is based on observation over several generations. What's the difference?
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I know it looks bad that Obama is sending his wife instead of attending himself. It's not so bad, current first lady paying her respects to a former first lady.

When President Reagan died, the Reagan family requested the full funeral protocol. President Bush put into motion a detailed chain of command, and delegated the arrangements to Washington-area Army officials. Military planners flew to California to consult with the family.

We do not know what the Reagan family requested other than that they wanted it to be a private service.
                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              Their claim is based on observation over several generations. What's the difference?
                              So, what you're saying is Obama is entitled to be a bigot / racist now because of past discrimination against other Blacks?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X