March 15th Missouri GOP Primary: Trump or Cruz your vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    If this is the case, then Trump should bail and go Independent. If that happens, it will give Hillary the victory in Nov. What a mess.
    Except of course, he can't.

Getting on a ballot is not easy. It would require millions of petition signatures that would have to be gathered from every state (numbers required varies), and sent to the various secretaries of state etc., each signature which would require verification, and there always rejections, accepted, and all before the deadline. He would have about a month, if that, and that is not nearly long enough to get-'er-done.

The biggest worry in that respect would be that it would disgust a lot of voters, and not necessarily Trump's. A lot would vote with their feet. Enough to make a difference? That is the great unknown.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
      Either way, Trump will divert votes to parties that have no chance of winning. This has more to do with his ego than with what is best for America.
      And your evidence for this is?

Tuebor

Comment

Voted For Cruz, but will vote for Trump if nominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
          If this is the case, then Trump should bail and go Independent. If that happens, it will give Hillary the victory in Nov. What a mess.
          Pretty much too late by then. Many states have late spring/early summer, i.e. before the convention, deadlines for independents to submit signatures on petitions that are needed to get on the ballot. Example is Texas which as mid May or June deadline. Many others also. So, no one is going independent unless they've already started the process, no one has done that.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Are they still trying to decide to do a recount? Someone told me that this morning but I am not seeing anything definite about that.

Regarding the very close results for both parties don't you all think that is very anomalous? It just seems peculiar. I don't necessarily believe in such strange coincidences.

With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Trump leads Cruz by 0.2 percent, and the two are separated by about 1,700 votes.

On the Democratic side, Clinton also leads Sanders by 0.2 percent, and they are separated by about 1,500 votes.
            http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ad-to-recounts
            Homo homini lupus

Comment

I found the demographics interesting. St. Louis and Columbia went Cruz but Kansas City went Trump.

The "educated class" is not inclined to vote for Trump. There is a book by Charles Murray titled Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010. This is of course the same guy who they accused of junk science when he released "The Bell Curve". His insight and it is many years old now but not widely accepted is that we are creating a society that is highly structured around IQ. The IQ classes do not mix the way a functional society requires.

I would argue that the new privileged class is the IQ babies. The system is designed to protect them from all the unpleasantness of life from cradle to grave. Very few of them actually contribute to society in proportion to their compensation. Those that do like Bill Gates find themselves in social circles they are totally unprepared to deal with. These two factors make them easy to manipulate. They are totally lacking in immunity to people they can't "reason" with such as the feminist, politically correct, and multiculturalist low brows that have taken over our colleges. They also suffer from inflated egos and a sense of self worth that expresses itself as a kind of suicidal pathological empathetic altruism.

Hopefully Trump will punch their egos enough that they wake up.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

I understand that Trump took St. Louis and the St. Louis suburbs.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsb...ry-in-missouri

I finally found the statistics for my county, St. Charles County. So many of my friends are religious ladies and most of them were for Cruz that I thought he might carry the county, but Trump took it by 1935 votes.

http://www.sccmo.org/DocumentCenter/View/5257

Cruz must have done well out-state. Do you have any statistics? Or was he just behind Trump just about everywhere?
                Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                  I understand that Trump took St. Louis and the St. Louis suburbs.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsb...ry-in-missouri

I finally found the statistics for my county, St. Charles County. So many of my friends are religious ladies and most of them were for Cruz that I thought he might carry the county, but Trump took it by 1935 votes.

http://www.sccmo.org/DocumentCenter/View/5257

Cruz must have done well out-state. Do you have any statistics? Or was he just behind Trump just about everywhere?
                  My 20 year old Asian daughter voted for him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X