March 15th Missouri GOP Primary: Trump or Cruz your vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    That's why Ohio and many other states moved up their primaries during election years.

The whole system needs to be revamped. It makes no sense that two small states, Iowa and New Hampshire have the first two contest and have such an out size influence.
    Agreed! It also doesn't make sense that the Colorado GOP can decide to ignore our caucuses, and vote for whoever they want. Same goes for North Dakota and Wyoming. Between the three of them, they are sitting on nearly 100 GOP delegate votes. If the people actually had a say in those states, we could have a very different picture of where candidates are right now. As it stands, if the party establishment gives those votes to Cruz we will have a different ballgame. Kasich and Rubio could get them, but I just don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
      Just had an interesting conversation with my granddaughter in Boston. While she is a Democrat, she said her roommate is a Republican and she said that the roommate is just totally unimpressed with the Republican candidates and she did not think she would vote at all. She is from California and they will have a late primary. This sort of intrigued me because my hubby, The Old Republican, has told me that he may not vote tomorrow. Will there be a lot of Republicans staying home tomorrow and in the primaries still to come because they are not happy with their choices? Does this indicate that they will stay home in November? I am sort of shocked at Hubby because he has always been a man not to pass up voting, so this is a bit unusual.

Strange...

Everything I've been reading and hearing are indicating extremely low Democrat turnout and a big spike in Republican turnout in the primaries so far. Do a internet search, you'll find lots of articles on it.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
        Strange...

Everything I've been reading and hearing are indicating extremely low Democrat turnout and a big spike in Republican turnout in the primaries so far. Do a internet search, you'll find lots of articles on it.
        One variable to consider is how many are fired up for their candidate, not just whether or not they are going to support whatever candidate the Republicans throw out.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          One variable to consider is how many are fired up for their candidate, not just whether or not they are going to support whatever candidate the Republicans throw out.

Consider me one of them. I am so fed up with the GOP.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
            Agreed! It also doesn't make sense that the Colorado GOP can decide to ignore our caucuses, and vote for whoever they want. Same goes for North Dakota and Wyoming. Between the three of them, they are sitting on nearly 100 GOP delegate votes. If the people actually had a say in those states, we could have a very different picture of where candidates are right now. As it stands, if the party establishment gives those votes to Cruz we will have a different ballgame. Kasich and Rubio could get them, but I just don't see that happening.
            Political parties are private organizations, they can make up any rules they wish.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              Political parties are private organizations, they can make up any rules they wish.
              Fair enough, but crap like they are pulling in Colorado is the reason Trump is surging.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                They sure as hell seem fired up about Trump. Sanders too, but not enough in the latter, and no one seems all too fired up about Clinton.

More of the same tonight. Republicans are out polling the Democrats. Quite frankly, that should be no surprise after 8 years of a Democratic president, and a generally unpopular one at that. Contrary to some opinions expressed lately in this forum, excited people just don't suddenly become unexcited from the primaries to the generals. I am not a Trump supporter, but unlike some here, I will not deny the fact that there be an awful lot of people who like him. It may not make sense to me, but then it never made sense that people would like Hillary, or Obama, for that matter. Because we just know that "we" are smarter than "they,' 'we" assume "they" are nutters, but are "they?" Or are the one's with problems "us?"

No matter how much wishful thinking there is out there, Trump is going to win the GOP nomination. Hillary Clinton is going to be the Democratic nominee. Trump is bringing people to the polls in huge numbers. Hillary is depressing the Democratic vote. To say this is suddenly going to change is nonsense. The $64,000 question is what way will the "Independents" lean?

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                  Fair enough, but crap like they are pulling in Colorado is the reason Trump is surging.
                  http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...not-the-voters

The facts:

A member of the Republican National Committee's Rules Committee said Wednesday that the party will decide who the GOP nominee will be, not the voters.

"The media has created the perception that the voters will decide the nomination," Curly Haugland said in an interview with CNBC. "That's the conflict here."
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...not-the-voters

The facts:

A member of the Republican National Committee's Rules Committee said Wednesday that the party will decide who the GOP nominee will be, not the voters.

Anymore to this rumor other than a blog citing an unnamed member of the RNC Rules Committee? This is political suicide for the GOP if true.

Comment

Anymore to this rumor other than a blog citing an unnamed member of the RNC Rules Committee? This is political suicide for the GOP if true.
                      He did not say what they would decide. Also if you read the short article you'll see he states the delegates will decide.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

He did not say what they would decide. Also if you read the short article you'll see he states the delegates will decide.

If this is the case, then Trump should bail and go Independent. If that happens, it will give Hillary the victory in Nov. What a mess.

Comment

If this is the case, then Trump should bail and go Independent. If that happens, it will give Hillary the victory in Nov. What a mess.
                          That's a big GOP fear.

Comment

If Trump goes independent he'll probably get more votes than the Repug's nominee.

Comment

Either way, Trump will divert votes to parties that have no chance of winning. This has more to do with his ego than with what is best for America.

Comment

Originally posted by rkohut View Post
                                If Trump goes independent he'll probably get more votes than the Repug's nominee.
                                Way too late for that and how many electoral votes would he get?
                                The people don't elect the President, the Electoral College does!
                                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X