Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Damn, still a tie, 7, 7 right now.
    Cruz is now up 9-7... If I had a do-over, I might just have voted.for Trump instead of Rubio in the TX GOP primary... I think he's just now hitting his stride.

Peak Trump is as failed as Peak Oil...
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Interesting, key point on the March to a contested convention. Without that might not happen.
      If Rubio miraculously carries Florida and Kasich carries Ohio, this might become a genuine 4-way race... In-fracking-credible...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        If Rubio miraculously carries Florida and Kasich carries Ohio, this might become a genuine 4-way race... In-fracking-credible...
        And people would still gripe that they have no choices.

Kasich just might take Ohio (66 delegates), but Florida (99) for Rubio is much more academic, but that is why we actually hold elections.

Now if Sanders were to win in Ohio (proportional)...

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          I don't think Sen Rubio will come close in FL. If Trump looses OH this becomes a race for delegates in July. The battle will NOT be at the polls, the key is the actual delegates, which usually no one cares about other than getting to party at the convention for a week. Now it will matter.

Interesting thing is that about 30+ of the states select the actual delegates WITHOUT reference to who won the state. Sure they have to vote for the winner in the first round but after that, they vote as they please, which means with an eye to who got them selected.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/fe...m-donald-trump

Interesting article with a month by month approach.

“Forty-four states give the delegation-selection authority to a state convention or state executive committee, with no requirement that the candidate have a say in choosing delegates,” says Benjamin Ginsberg, a former general counsel for the Republican National Committee who managed Mitt Romney’s pre-convention delegate strategy. “Centralized power has dissipated in many states so that pockets of grassroots activists hold great sway.”
          Party bosses stand ready to gut some of Trump’s greatest primary-season successes. He won every one of South Carolina’s 50 delegates, by finishing first statewide and in each congressional district, but Trump is powerless to fill that slate with his own people. To serve as a national delegate from South Carolina, one has to have been a delegate to the 2015 state convention—held over one month before Trump announced his candidacy—and the approximately 1,000 eligible voters come from the same pool. Campaigns for the delegate slots are already underway. Some candidates have begun e-mailing voters, and often they spend small sums of money on campaign materials like stickers. They all get the chance to address the local conventions before the ballot, and would probably be better off saying they will follow the lead of anti-Trumpers Nikki Haley and Lindsey Graham than the primary voters. “Whoever is chosen for national delegate will have allegiance to the party establishment, and the party establishment is never going to be fond of Donald Trump,” says a South Carolina Republican insider.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Right now it's Sen Cruz 9, Trump 8. I'll go with the numbers at 0800 Central Daylight Time tomorrow.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Right now it's Sen Cruz 9, Trump 8. I'll go with the numbers at 0800 Central Daylight Time tomorrow.
              If you were to vote solely on the basis of the candidate think is the best choice, who would you vote for?

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                If you were to vote solely on the basis of the candidate think is the best choice, who would you vote for?
                Neither the GOP nor the Dems would get my vote, which is what will happen in Nov. As far as the GOP primary I'd only vote for Gov Kasich if I was voting for the most qualified candidate.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Neither the GOP nor the Dems would get my vote, which is what will happen in Nov. As far as the GOP primary I'd only vote for Gov Kasich if I was voting for the most qualified candidate.
                  Thanks John! I think Governor Kasich is the most qualified candidate as well. He seems to be thoughtful about foreign affairs as well.

Comment

Just had an interesting conversation with my granddaughter in Boston. While she is a Democrat, she said her roommate is a Republican and she said that the roommate is just totally unimpressed with the Republican candidates and she did not think she would vote at all. She is from California and they will have a late primary. This sort of intrigued me because my hubby, The Old Republican, has told me that he may not vote tomorrow. Will there be a lot of Republicans staying home tomorrow and in the primaries still to come because they are not happy with their choices? Does this indicate that they will stay home in November? I am sort of shocked at Hubby because he has always been a man not to pass up voting, so this is a bit unusual.
                    Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                      Just had an interesting conversation with my granddaughter in Boston. While she is a Democrat, she said her roommate is a Republican and she said that the roommate is just totally unimpressed with the Republican candidates and she did not think she would vote at all. She is from California and they will have a late primary. This sort of intrigued me because my hubby, The Old Republican, has told me that he may not vote tomorrow. Will there be a lot of Republicans staying home tomorrow and in the primaries still to come because they are not happy with their choices? Does this indicate that they will stay home in November? I am sort of shocked at Hubby because he has always been a man not to pass up voting, so this is a bit unusual.
                      I've caught holy hell for refusing to vote for Trump, but I will still vote in November. Statistically my vote has little chance of mattering, but its one of the ways I take pride in engaging in the system. I don't know anyone who is going to stay home in November. My state's already had their sham masquerading as a caucus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                        I've met more than a few Republicans who echo that sentiment. For those who vote Republican or not at all, the lack of an enticing candidate is troublesome. About the best thing they can say about the GOP candidates is that they're better than Hillary, which is low praise indeed.

At this point, some of the ground-swell of GOP involvement in the primaries may have less to do with a desire to elect a Republican, and just greater investment in the primaries themselves. We may see a drop-off in GOP involvement once a candidate is selected.

Comment

And done. Sen Cruz got my vote in the Missouri GOP primary.
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

One of the things I dislike about CA is by the time the voting gets to us its pretty much all over...

We ought to have the primaries all at the same time. That'd be fairer.
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              One of the things I dislike about CA is by the time the voting gets to us its pretty much all over...

Shouldn't be any primaries. MO is spending 12 million $$ on selecting a private organizations candidate. They need to have a State convention that they pay for.
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

That's why Ohio and many other states moved up their primaries during election years.

The whole system needs to be revamped. It makes no sense that two small states, Iowa and New Hampshire have the first two contest and have such an out size influence.
                                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                                Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X