March 15th Missouri GOP Primary: Trump or Cruz your vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    OK, Missouri has an open primary next Tuesday. I always vote in the Primary that interest me most which this year will be the GOP Primary.

So I have a question for conservative members of the forum. If Trump wins the nomination and then looses in Nov, will we hear that the reason the GOP lost is that once again, like 12 and 08, they did not nominate a 'true' conservative candidate????

If that is the case I'll vote for Sen Cruz, if not I'll have to think on it more.

You decide.
    Personally, I'm really tired of the 'true conservative' nonsense. The best man, or in this case this year, the best person, should be elected. Unfortunately, if it's Clinton against Trump, the term 'best' does not apply.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Personally, I'm really tired of the 'true conservative' nonsense. The best man, or in this case this year, the best person, should be elected. Unfortunately, if it's Clinton against Trump, the term 'best' does not apply.
      Unfortunately that was a running theme from hardcore conservatives after the last two defeats.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

First hint at a possible Trump failure to win Ohio. Fox News poll has him down by 5 points to the Gov Kasich.
        Fox News poll on 3-7-16 for next day's Michigan Democratic primary. ===> Clinton leads Sanders by 27 points.

Looks like Trump has it locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by rkohut View Post
          Fox News poll on 3-7-16 for next day's Michigan Democratic primary. ===> Clinton leads Sanders by 27 points.

Looks like Trump has it locked up.
          Ah... the one wrong there all wrong approach. Got it. Read into the Michigan polls and you'll find that over a 4 day period the last one or two days show a large movement to Sen Sanders. Polls are single snapshots of time, nothing more.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Sorry, I cannot suggest either one. The only reason why Cruz seems sensible and reasonable is because Trump has outdone him in virtually every level of crazy, but still scares the beejezus out of me on quite a few levels. The only GOP candidate that appears thoughtful, considered and possibly capable of working with the other side of the aisle is Kasich; that makes him DOA in the current environment.
            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
              Sorry, I cannot suggest either one. The only reason why Cruz seems sensible and reasonable is because Trump has outdone him in virtually every level of crazy, but still scares the beejezus out of me on quite a few levels. The only GOP candidate that appears thoughtful, considered and possibly capable of working with the other side of the aisle is Kasich; that makes him DOA in the current environment.
              So you're supporting Hillary?

Because that's the extent of the choices.

And soon the list will be down to two.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                Why not Rubio or Kaisch? Cruz is also far from a true conservative.
                No Offence, but I thought he meant which of the VIABLE candidates.

GG
                "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Damn, still a tie, 7, 7 right now.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    That's because fear rules. Many Republicans would rather elect an evil than fight for someone better, and they turn that into a thing of pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      So you're supporting Hillary?

Because that's the extent of the choices.

And soon the list will be down to two.
                      Yes I am. I will not belabor her flaws, there are people that will do that in greater detail and with far more relish that I around here. I would not vote for Trump if he was running for assistant dog catcher as I can only describe him as a Fascist with Nazi tendencies. I will not vote for Cruz and his socially conservative agenda; God save me from those who would save me for myself. Marco Rubio has displayed a rubber backbone far too many times for my tastes; not surprising to me as Marco used to be a Navy officer and it seems like the Navy hands out rubber backbones at Annapolis these days. Kasich would be my choice but as already noted, he is DOA. I do not see any other options.
                      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post

Marco Rubio has displayed a rubber backbone far too many times for my tastes; not surprising to me as Marco used to be a Navy officer and it seems like the Navy hands out rubber backbones at Annapolis these days. Kasich would be my choice but as already noted, he is DOA. I do not see any other options.
                        Did I miss something? Marco Rubio USN officer?

I thought of the 47 people seeking the Democrat and Republican nominations only Jim Webb had military service.
                        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I'm facing the same decision in Ohio Tuesday.

I'll vote Kasich to block trump from winning Ohio's delegates.
                          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                            I'm facing the same decision in Ohio Tuesday.

I'll vote Kasich to block trump from winning Ohio's delegates.
                            I'd do the same if I lived in Ohio. The Gov is a non player here in MO.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I'd do the same if I lived in Ohio. The Gov is a non player here in MO.
                              For what it's worth... Nate Silver has already called Ohio for Kasich... Not enough data to call the Show Me State yet...
                              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                                For what it's worth... Nate Silver has already called Ohio for Kasich... Not enough data to call the Show Me State yet...
                                Interesting, key point on the march to a contested convention. Without that might not happen.
                                “To talk of many things:
                                Of cabbages—and kings—
                                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X