March 15th Missouri GOP Primary: Trump or Cruz your vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 15th Missouri GOP Primary: Trump or Cruz your vote

OK, Missouri has an open primary next Tuesday. I always vote in the Primary that interest me most which this year will be the GOP Primary.

So I have a question for conservative members of the forum. If Trump wins the nomination and then looses in Nov, will we hear that the reason the GOP lost is that once again, like 12 and 08, they did not nominate a 'true' conservative candidate????

If that is the case I'll vote for Sen Cruz, if not I'll have to think on it more.

You decide.
    Donald J Trump
    38.10%
    Sen Rafael E Cruz
    61.90%
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Rafael Cruz isn't in the race.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      Rafael Cruz isn't in the race.
      Yes, he is.
      “To talk of many things:
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Trump has quite a few negatives and not actually being conservative is only one of them.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Trump has quite a few negatives and not actually being conservative is only one of them.
          That is why I'm asking. If he is nominated and wins, will conservatives lament that once again the GOP lost because they did not nominate a true conservative.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            Yes, he is.
            That is his father's name.

He goes by "Ted".

Comment

That is why I'm asking. If he is nominated and wins, will conservatives lament that once again the GOP lost because they did not nominate a true conservative.
              If Trump loses I will lament that we didn't nominate a credible candidate who also wasn't a conservative.
              I am sorry for nitpicking on this, but Trump has so many negatives (like Hillary) I can't see focusing on just one.

If John Kaisich were the candidate, I wouldn't be nitpicking.

Comment

That is his father's name.

He goes by "Ted".
                Goes by name is fine, however I prefer the more formal full/legal name with middle initial. Looks nicer in the poll.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

If Trump loses I will lament that we didn't nominate a credible candidate who also wasn't a conservative.
                  I am sorry for nitpicking on this, but Trump has so many negatives (like Hillary) I can't see focusing on just one.

If John Kaisich were the candidate, I wouldn't be nitpicking.
                  Not nitpicking, to an extent I agree and as late as Dec I'd have agreed wholeheartedly with it. However as of now I consider all bets off on predicting this race in Nov if he wins it. I've consistently under estimated him and will no longer do that.

I'll consider you as a vote for the Sen Cruz option.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Not nitpicking, to an extent I agree and as late as Dec I'd have agreed wholeheartedly with it. However as of now I consider all bets off on predicting this race in Nov if he wins it. I've consistently under estimated him and will no longer do that.

I formalized it.
                    I prefer Cruz anyway, but fear we will end up with Trump

Comment

I formalized it.
                      I prefer Cruz anyway, but fear we will end up with Trump
                      Thanks for the vote.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

If Trump wins the nomination... he will probably win the election. If he loses, it will be due to the bat schist crazy things he says.

Romney's problem wasn't so much not being conservative enough... He just didn't energize any particular group of voters. Trump is clearly energizing voters.

If Trump racks up 1237 delegates before the convention (a real possibility), the GOP will have to unite behind him or disband the party. Trump is energizing Tea Partiers, Evangelicals and just about anyone who is fed up with Mordor on the Potomac... I think he is also reincarnating "Reagan Democrats." He is pushing a pro-America, optimistic message. He is doing exactly what he needs to do to win.

I could not have imagined this a few weeks ago. If Trump wins Florida and Ohio... I think its "game over."
                        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                          If Trump wins the nomination... he will probably win the election. If he loses, it will be due to the bat schist crazy things he says.

Romney's problem wasn't so much not being conservative enough... He just didn't energize any particular group of voters. Trump is clearly energizing voters.

If Trump racks up 1237 delegates before the convention (a real possibility), the GOP will have to unite behind him or disband the party. Trump is energizing Tea Partiers, Evangelicals and just about anyone who is fed up with Mordor on the Potomac... I think he is also reincarnating "Reagan Democrats." He is pushing a pro-America, optimistic message. He is doing exactly what he needs to do to win.

I could not have imagined this a few weeks ago. If Trump wins Florida and Ohio... I think its "game over."
                          I think you're quite right. Turnout is what will make or break this election, and the GOP are doing well there for both Trump and Cruz. However there are a number of Republicans/Conservatives who have claimed that Romney lost for "not being conservative enough", which is a common refrain when Republicans lose.

It will be interesting to see if Trump loses whether they will repeat that message or not.

Comment

Well, I live in Arizona so I can only vote in Missouri's Democrat primary...

Comment

Why not Rubio or Kaisch? Cruz is also far from a true conservative.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X