X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chukka
    replied
    Originally posted by Jannie View Post
    I read Kitty Kelley’s biography of her a long time ago. It presented her warts and all and she had a few. But she was extraordinarily loyal to Ronnie and that carried them a long way! If loyalty in a political wife counts anything at all then she gets major props!

I would agree, though I'd say she had a ruthless streak and her loyalty to Ron was really an expression of equal partnership with him her determination to let nothing stand in their way of attaining the presidency, keeping it, and protecting their image afterwards. She was a determined, formidable woman.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Rest softly

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    A credit to this country. Grace and style.

Leave a comment:

• TTownLarry
    replied
    Rest well good lady.

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    RIP Nancy.
    Having read so many biographies of leaders and their families, one thing resonates through them all. These are special people not because they are better then the rest of us, but because they willingly put themselves in the sights of the press, the public, and history not knowing where fate will take them.
    For better or worse. It applies to every leader you can think of. No matter what you think of them, you have to respect the fact they had the guts to do it.

Leave a comment:

• johns624
    replied
    Originally posted by Jannie View Post
    If loyalty in a political wife counts anything at all then she gets major props!
    Are you channeling Hillary Clinton again?

Leave a comment:

• Jannie
    replied
    I read Kitty Kelley’s biography of her a long time ago. It presented her warts and all and she had a few. But she was extraordinarily loyal to Ronnie and that carried them a long way! If loyalty in a political wife counts anything at all then she gets major props!

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
    What a life, and what a classy woman! I was 6 when President Reagan was elected and am sure I just missed some of it, but I don't remember hearing any real criticism of Nancy Reagan over the years. That says a lot.
    I'm a bit older. I can remember a few - covered in the BBC obit
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27050892

Leave a comment:

• Biscuit
    replied
    What a life, and what a classy woman! I was 6 when President Reagan was elected and am sure I just missed some of it, but I don't remember hearing any real criticism of Nancy Reagan over the years. That says a lot.

Leave a comment:

• FTCS
    replied
    Congestive heart failure
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ead-at-94.html

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    The Reagan National Library announced this morning that Nancy Reagan died. No official cause was released.
    Might have been old age? Yeah think?

Leave a comment:

• FTCS
    replied
    RIP

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    RIP!

Leave a comment:

• lakechampainer
    replied
    May she Rest In Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    The news are reporting heart failure. She was a classy lady who was a rock for her Ronnie. May she RIP now that she is reunited with him.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X