Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US hate groups including Ku Klux Klan increased dramatically in past year, report fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US hate groups including Ku Klux Klan increased dramatically in past year, report fin

Hi

Hate groups in the US grew from 784 in 2014 to 892 in 2015, a 14 percent increase, according to the latest data released this month by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).
    Texas, California, and Florida have the most hate groups followed by New York, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
    While white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and racist skinhead groups actually declined, there were significant increases in Ku Klux Klan and black separatist groups.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ort-finds.html

Regards

Andy H
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
    Unfortunately, the avowed, dedicated purpose of the Southern Poverty Law Center is finding hate groups whether they are actually there or not. They are less than one step removed from the Westboro Baptist Church in this regard.

The other major problem is that the UK Telegraph "ain't from around here".
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Unfortunately, the avowed, dedicated purpose of the Southern Poverty Law Center is finding hate groups whether they are actually there or not. They are less than one step removed from the Westboro Baptist Church in this regard.

While I agree with both your points MM, the great divider hasn't helped one iota. If anything he's stoked racial fears and hatred more than any modern Prez. That's all on him and his legacy.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        While I agree with both your points MM, the great divider hasn't helped one iota. If anything he's stoked racial fears and hatred more than any modern Prez. That's all on him and his legacy.
        So nothing to dispute there data, just some whining about the source.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          So nothing to dispute there data, just some whining about the source.

SPLC doesn't list Black Lives Matter as a hate group..... their data is biased.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            The simple fact that a black man was elected was enough to stoke racial fears and hatred for some.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I wondered how long it would take to denigrate an organization dedicated fighting racism/hate in this thread. Thank God it happened in the 2nd post.

Thanks for not disappointing, MM.
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

The SLPC is an utter waste of time. At various times they have labeled the Boy Scouts, the high school ROTC program, and scientology as hate groups.

They are a massive burden to law enforcement, and have done more to impede real investigations of groups and crime than any other single group.

They have an agenda that dominates their every word and deed. They will find hate everywhere they look, much like UFO freaks who see aliens in every flashing red light in a night sky.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I'm sure it's Trump's fault somehow.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    The SLPC is an utter waste of time. At various times they have labeled the Boy Scouts, the high school ROTC program, and scientology as hate groups.

They are a massive burden to law enforcement, and have done more to impede real investigations of groups and crime than any other single group.

They have an agenda that dominates their every word and deed. They will find hate everywhere they look, much like UFO freaks who see aliens in every flashing red light in a night sky.

In the past I have looked at some of the groups they labeled as "hate groups".
                    Merely opposing gay marriage or endorsing tradition marriage was enough to be called "hate".

I completely agree that the SPLC is now a waste of time when it comes to defining "hate groups". Anyone who thinks differently than they do is guilty of hate.
                    Which means they are a "hate group" too.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                      In the past I have looked at some of the groups they labeled as "hate groups".
                      Merely opposing gay marriage or endorsing tradition marriage was enough to be called "hate".

I completely agree that the SPLC is now a waste of time when it comes to defining "hate groups". Anyone who thinks differently than they do is guilty of hate.
                      Which means they are a "hate group" too.
                      Well put.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                        The simple fact that a black man was elected was enough to stoke racial fears and hatred for some.
                        And yet somehow the fact that he was elected by so many millions of people, twice, counts for nothing and only ENCOURAGES people who want to believe that America is irredemably racist and ever shall be.
                        Fits the narrative better, don't you know?

Originally posted by Andy H View Post

Regards

Andy H
                        Hey Andy,
                        50 years ago, SPLC might have been a fine organization, but times do change.

They have already been outed as using shady data and doing dumb things like counting one or 2 people that associate occasionally as a :group".
                        I'd find a better source.
                        Like, maybe the FBI?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          And yet somehow the fact that he was elected by so many millions of people, twice, counts for nothing and only ENCOURAGES people who want to believe that America is irredemably racist and ever shall be.
                          Fits the narrative better, don't you know?

Hey Andy,
                          50 years ago, SPLC might have been a fine organization, but times do change.

They have already been outed as using shady data and doing dumb things like counting one or 2 people that associate occasionally as a :group".
                          I'd find a better source.
                          Like, maybe the FBI?
                          The FBI retain the SPLC as an out-reach partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            The FBI retain the SPLC as an out-reach partner.
                            No, we just had a thread about that, here. They cut the SPLC off as a source sometime last year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              No, we just had a thread about that, here. They cut the SPLC off as a source sometime last year.
                              And I debunked it then.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/partner...reach_contacts

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investi...rimes/overview

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X