The case against Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case against Donald Trump

We have two threads, the case for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

There is no need here for the a thread the case against Hillary Clinton. She has so little support here. It is interesting to see some one make a case for her.

I think there is a need for a critical look at Donald Trump.

So I'm starting a new thread "The case against Donald Trump"

Donald Trump as the Republican nominee will likely lead to a Clinton Presidency.

An average of polls at RealClearPolitics shows Clinton beating Trump by an average of 3% points. 4 of 5 of these polls have Clinton beating Trump.

These same polls show Kasich, Rubio and Cruz all defeating Clinton.

Trump's supporters say he tells it like it is. With his shifting positions when exactly does he tell it like it is?

He is crude, rude and has no class. When I see his ongoing p!$$!ng (Sorry can't think of a better term) match with Marco Rubio I think it makes them both look small. And of course that is only the tip of the iceberg.

When Trump's history and own words are brought up he responds with calling the person a liar. He doesn't refute or explain. He goes on the attack.

When Trump speaks does he strike you as some one who should stand in the place of Washington and Lincoln?

Religion. I know this is a touchy subject.

I myself am not the most religious of people. I was raised in a very conservative evangelical denomination. And I knew many very conservative, devout Christians who were hard core Democrats. Mostly based on their union affiliation. But I never heard these people saying their support was based on their religious beliefs.

I understand people are very complex.

If you are an evangelical Christian who separates their religious beliefs from their political beliefs I can understand you supporting Trump. But if you are a conservative evangelical Christian who's political and religious beliefs are closely intertwined supporting Trump is not an option.

I think both Mitt Romney and John Oliver recently made excellent summaries of the failings of Donald Trump.

Mitt Romney

John Oliver

You may not like Romney and Oliver. But are the points they are making true?

PLEASE others on ACH Forums who are more eloquent than I pile on! I need your help.

To those of you who are supporters of Trump. PLEASE don't respond in a typical Trumpian manner with LIAR when negative things are brought up about Trump. Look at what is being said. If you can refute the charges with facts feel free.

If after looking at Trump with a critical eye you still supporting him, I wish you the best.

But if you continue to support Trump with out looking at him with a critical eye, you are supporting him on faith. And I don't think any politician is worthy of support based on just faith.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

I feel about half to two-thirds of your assumptions are wildly incorrect.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

That Trump is rude,crude and has no class,is irrelevant : the voters like him .He is saying publicly what a lot of people are thinking, in the way they would have said it .

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        I feel about half to two-thirds of your assumptions are wildly incorrect.
        Come on Arnold, I expect more from you!

I FEEL 100% of what I've stated is correct. If you disagree be more exact. Give reasons.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          That Trump is rude,crude and has no class,is irrelevant : the voters like him .He is saying publicly what a lot of people are thinking, in the way they would have said it .
          Very true. He is unlike any other candidate out there, which is exactly what he is going for. Trump is a highly skilled salesman and deal-broker. His entire campaign persona is carefully designed to make him stand out.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            I have to correct that. 35% of the voters voting in Republican primaries like him.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
              I have to correct that. 35% of the voters voting in Republican primaries like him.
              And an undetermined % of the rest of the population as well.

Comment

Last Chance for America?

Thomas Sowell | Wednesday Mar 2, 2016 2:36 PM

EXCERPT:
                On the campaign trail, Donald Trumpís theatrical talents, including his bluster and bombast, may be enough to conceal his shallow understanding of very deep problems. But that will not cut it in the White House, where you cannot clown or con your way out of problems, and where the stakes are matters of life and death.

Trumpís acting like a bull in a china shop may appeal to some voters but, in the world as it is, he may well cost us our last chance to recover from the great dangers into which the Obama administration has gotten this nation.

We already have an ego-driven, know-it-all president who will not listen to military or intelligence agency experts. Do we need to tempt fate by having two in a row?

Despite Donald Trumpís string of primary vote victories, he has not yet gotten a majority of the Republican votes anywhere. But although most Republican votes are being cast against him, the scattering of that vote among so many other candidates leaves Trump with a good chance to get the nomination.
                http://humanevents.com/2016/03/02/la...tm_campaign=nl
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Exploring Trumpism

David Limbaugh | Wednesday Mar 2, 2016 2:32 PM
                  (A very interesting article with simulated dialogue, but comes down to this final paragraph...)

Me: ďI think I understand your concerns, but I ask you again to take a second look at Ted Cruz, for he is not only a safer bet to secure our borders, and restore economic growth, which will enable us to rebuild our military; he is the one person who has shown that, notwithstanding the conspiracy theories, he cannot be bought and he can always be relied on to do those things he promises. There is no reason to take a risk on the volatile Trump, who, in the process of implementing your desired solutions, may expand federal power and implement leftist policies. Heís been liberal more than conservative throughout his life, and we have no evidence of any dramatic conversion. As suspicious as you all are, you should be very suspicious here. You might think youíll be in charge, but thatís not a realistic expectation. Finally, we must never omit liberty from the equation. Ted Cruz will do most of the things you want done, but heíll unquestionably honor the Constitution and rule of law, which Trump rarely mentions, reduce government and safeguard that which has always made America unique: her liberty. Please give it just a little more thought and consider this. I do believe Ted Cruz shares your concerns about the establishment and understands the condescension of the ruling class. Heís dealt with it firsthand. Heíll be your reliable advocate.Ē
                  http://humanevents.com/2016/03/02/ex...tm_campaign=nl
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    Exploring Trumpism

David Limbaugh | Wednesday Mar 2, 2016 2:32 PM
                    (A very interesting article with simulated dialogue, but comes down to this final paragraph...)

Me: ďI think I understand your concerns, but I ask you again to take a second look at Ted Cruz, for he is not only a safer bet to secure our borders, and restore economic growth, which will enable us to rebuild our military; he is the one person who has shown that, notwithstanding the conspiracy theories, he cannot be bought and he can always be relied on to do those things he promises. There is no reason to take a risk on the volatile Trump, who, in the process of implementing your desired solutions, may expand federal power and implement leftist policies. Heís been liberal more than conservative throughout his life, and we have no evidence of any dramatic conversion. As suspicious as you all are, you should be very suspicious here. You might think youíll be in charge, but thatís not a realistic expectation. Finally, we must never omit liberty from the equation. Ted Cruz will do most of the things you want done, but heíll unquestionably honor the Constitution and rule of law, which Trump rarely mentions, reduce government and safeguard that which has always made America unique: her liberty. Please give it just a little more thought and consider this. I do believe Ted Cruz shares your concerns about the establishment and understands the condescension of the ruling class. Heís dealt with it firsthand. Heíll be your reliable advocate.Ē
                    http://humanevents.com/2016/03/02/ex...tm_campaign=nl
                    The last paragraph sounds like a paid political ad posing as an opinion piece. Trump, Rubio, and Kasich are all electable. Cruz is not.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

Trump, Rubio, and Kasich are all electable. Cruz is not.

Tuebor
                      The recent pooling data says Cruz, Rubio and Kasich all beat Clinton.

It has Trump losing to her.

And that is before the Clinton Machine gets into full gear bringing out all of Trumps dirty laundry.

Comment

Before you decide how horrible Trump Is I think everyone should watch these videos.

My Chat with "Zionist Mossad agent" Joniversity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2XIt1KXBAY

I think people totally underestimate the seriousness of the issues Trump raises. Contrast the above discussion with this one.

Special report: Inside Muslim majority neighborhoods of Malmo, Sweden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWSMURYM7bA

In the first video we see a Liberal professor and in the second video we see a conservative media hack both agreeing that we have a serious problem. I think we are truly headed for 1984 and Trump seems to be the only candidate that understands the magnitude of the issue. Of course he is crude and slightly bigoted but so were the founding fathers if you are honest with yourself.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                          The recent pooling data says Cruz, Rubio and Kasich all beat Clinton.

It has Trump losing to her.

The past pooling data said that Trump never had a chance in the GOP primaries .

Comment

if trump is elected The US will be the laughing stock of the civilized world. he is a used car salesman that knows how to sell garbage and call it good.

Comment

Any post that includes John Oliver as a source is immediately discarded.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X