Romney Threads the Needle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney Threads the Needle

Mitt Romney's speech today clearly defines what Trump is and what he isn't...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/478472309...#sp=show-clips

I thought the title of your thread (no pun intended) presaged a homily on the theme of camels and rich men!
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

You really want to go down that path?

The manchurian candidates really have you hood winked.

Mitt Romney started Bain Capital with money from Salvadoran families tied to death squads.

Romney as Massachusetts governor proposed tax increases for everyone but the top 5 percent.

Romney thought it would be ok if he ignored the zoning codes so he could build a bigger beach house despite his neighbors objections because you see government is for the rich.

Romney is just not a nice person. He put the family dog in a cage strapped to the roof of his car for a drive to Florida.

Romney has engaged in strange religious ritual such as posthumous Baptisms. Some people may think that this is just another religious tradition but so is human sacrifice.

Romney profited from 9/11 by way of Endurance Specialty Holdings.

Romney lied about his residency in 2010 and refuses to release his tax return for that year to cover it up.

To cover up his connection to Stericycle which was involved in fetal bodies Romney claimed he left that investment in 1999 but when that was exposed he explain that he had “retroactively retired” from the company in 2002.

Romney was caught using illegal immigrants to mow his lawn and simply refused to comment.

In 1989, Romney was on the Board of Directors of Damon Corp., while Damon made its profits with Medicare fraud The company pled guilty to crimes committed and pad fines of $119 million.

Romney avoid the Vietnam Draft by going on "Missionary" trips in France.

Romney has also been involved in his own email scandal violating his own policies as Massachusetts governor.

I could go on but you get the idea.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Yes, it does. While I'll say it again, I'm no fan of Trump, he would never have let Candi Crowley walk over him in a debate like she did in Romney's second one.
        Trump would have been in her face and Obama would have lost for her getting into the debate instead of being a moderator. That's one example right off I can think of: Trump has a spine.

Comment

Trump is a bully; and a bully by definition is a coward.

And this isn't about Romney's accomplishments or failures-it's about the danger to the republic that Trump poses.

If you disagree, then dispute what Romney said about Trump. As far as I can see, Romney's description of Trump is accurate and on point.

Trump is both a phoney and a fraud.

And if you saw Trump's response to Romney's speech, he did not prove anything Romney said to be either mistaken or false.

That in itself demonstrates that Trump has very large character problems and is not fit to be president.

Comment

You don't understand the members of the Republican establishment are smarter than you so go ahead and drink their cool aid.

The thing I find weird is the things the Republican establishment throw at Trump are so banal it almost makes Trump look better. Maybe that is their super secret plan to save the party.

I don't think a party that selected Richard Nixon can really call Trump a person without character with a straight face. Well that would be if they were not politicians.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

I agreed with 98 % of Romney's speech.

Point of disagreement:

There needs to be only one person left in the race against Trump. I'd say either Cruz of Rubio. Ideally they would agree that whoever has the best chance would go on. If not they should play rock, paper, scissors or flip a coin.

John Oliver's monologue made many of the same points.
              "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

At least Trump has gonads. After Romney's showing in the 2012 election one has to wonder about him. Romney put his tail between his leg and lost a lot of votes with his debate performance. Even if he had played hardball he still didn't have a chance. As far as I'm concerned Romney should set down and shut up someone or someone will sick Candy Crowley on him. And we know how that turned out.
                Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Romney's 2012 campaign was pathetic. His behavior over the last month was pitiful. He chickened out in the second and third debates.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Trump is a bully; and a bully by definition is a coward.

And this isn't about Romney's accomplishments or failures-it's about the danger to the republic that Trump poses.

If you disagree, then dispute what Romney said about Trump. As far as I can see, Romney's description of Trump is accurate and on point.

Trump is both a phoney and a fraud.

And if you saw Trump's response to Romney's speech, he did not prove anything Romney said to be either mistaken or false.

That in itself demonstrates that Trump has very large character problems and is not fit to be president.
                    I disagree. Trump is an @$$hole and a martinet. Bullies lack power, and that's something Trump definitely actually has.
                    Trump also isn't a "phony or fraud." He's a Machiavellian businessman. He's the sort that talks you into buying life insurance you don't need at terrible rates.

Compared to Hillary though, he's an open book. She's the true fraud here. She's never done anything in her entire life to justify her being the CEO of a nation. If anything she's used outright fraud, manipulation, and illegalities to trample everyone around her to get what she, and she alone, wants.

Illegal insider trading on the commodities market? Fine with her. She's done that.
                    Murder rivals and potential problems? There's a good argument she's done that.
                    Real Estate fraud? Been there too.
                    Illegally getting information on enemies? That's a near certainty.
                    Acting outside the law regarding business communications? Look no further than her illegal e-mail server.

The list is long on how she's acted in horribly illegal ways to get herself ahead. She's the sort that would laugh stepping over the pile of corpses to get to her goal.

Yes, Trump is a grade AAA+ @$$hole and jerk. He's something of a bigot too. But, he's also not so evil as to line up enemies and machinegun them into a mass grave. Hillary would do exactly that given the chance.

Comment

What is Romney's motivation? Selfless love of the GOP? More likely he has been promised a reward of some kind to effect a character assassination. So who paid the assassin?
                      Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        CEO of a nation.
                        Nations don't have 'CEOs'. Presidents & Prime Ministers are not CEOs. This is not an accident or mistake. It is deliberate. This is one of the reasons why business tycoons have such a poor record as political leaders. Different set of skills. Not a bad thing.
                        Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                          Nations don't have 'CEOs'. Presidents & Prime Ministers are not CEOs. This is not an accident or mistake. It is deliberate. This is one of the reasons why business tycoons have such a poor record as political leaders. Different set of skills. Not a bad thing.
                          Maybe they should since the politicians calling themselves Presidents and Prime Ministers do such a crap @$$ job of running them...

Comment

The best thing is to ignore this RINO.

And what should one do about the old man from Arizona ,who didn't shrink to be on the same table with some neonazis in Kiew ? Best is to ignore him also .

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              ...he's also not so evil as to line up enemies and machinegun them into a mass grave.
                              That's exactly what he's 'recommending' regarding the wives and children of ISIS terrorists.

And that's murder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X