‘How to Move to Canada’ Searches Spike 1500% After Donald Trump Victories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘How to Move to Canada’ Searches Spike 1500% After Donald Trump Victories

The phrase “how to move to Canada” began trending on Google as results poured in from across the nation. According to Google data editor Simon Rogers, searches for the phrase spiked 350 percent between 8 p.m. and midnight Eastern time.

By midnight, that number jumped to 1,500 percent, according to Google Trends.
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/news/...162946083.html

There are also reports of the Canadian Immigration site going down due to high traffic loads.

Don't think we've ever seen a candidate(s) where so many Americans would rather leave the country than live under his reign. Admittedly, I'm sure a lot aren't satisfied with the alternative either and the general political climate in America. Wherever you stand, this level of dissatisfaction doesn't bode well for anyone.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Awww... Does the Left have its panties in a twist?

Okay, move to Canada hits are up 1500% after Trump wins. Gun sales skyrocket after Hillary wins... Half dozen of one, six of the other...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Awww... Does the Left have its panties in a twist?

Okay, move to Canada hits are up 1500% after Trump wins. Gun sales skyrocket after Hillary wins... Half dozen of one, six of the other...
      That's a cop-out. It's not just the left, Trump has destroyed and divided his own party as well.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
        That's a cop-out. It's not just the left, Trump has destroyed and divided his own party as well.
        Yea, but Republicans aren't moving to Canada, they're buying guns...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...ecks/76624604/

I was satirizing both sides but you seem to have missed that...

Comment

There are also reports of the Canadian Immigration site going down due to high traffic loads.

Don't think we've ever seen a candidate(s) where so many Americans would rather leave the country than live under his reign. Admittedly, I'm sure a lot aren't satisfied with the alternative either and the general political climate in America. Wherever you stand, this level of dissatisfaction doesn't bode well for anyone.
          Probably up there with "How to Move to the States" after Truedeau's victory.

Tuebor

Comment

Ah let the hysterical histrionics begin!

Tuebor
            (Not a Trump supporter)

Comment

Are you sure this is due to Trump? Hillary also came out ahead.
              "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

The question is:

Of those looking to Immigrate to Canada......how many of them would be providing Canada with an asset? IOW, how many of them would be producing more in tax revenue than they would cost Canada in payouts? Notice that eligibility was the FIRST thing on the 'Immigrate to Canada' screenshot. If you're not providing Canada with any assets other than your arse(ts), then they're probably not going to deem you eligible to move there and screw up things....Canadian Healthcare and other programs requires that pay in equals up to pay out after all.......

Permanent College Students, Academia, and the like aren't going to be producing anything tangible, unless Canada is somehow in such need of Baristas that the swap from Green to Orange aprons will boost their economy. No matter how many college professors you move into a country, there's still a limited number of colleges to profess at........so what you're likely looking at is a glut of unskilled labor (with or without sheepskin), Celebrities (who can't remain hyper rich as the Real Housewives of Quebec), and a pile of academics competing for limited academia positions.

Hollywood and other celebrities make their fortunes working in whatever locale the job is. If they're working in Cali, they'll still be paying Cali and US taxes on their income made in the States. If they want to add Canadian taxes to that, then go for it. Doesn't hurt me one bit.

Unless we're seeing actual real honest to goodness industries suddenly looking to move to Canada, the movement of people is irrelevant. We have more people than jobs anyway, so as long as the people move and the jobs don't we're in good stead, let Canada pay for them to exist. And Trump is more likely to attract business to the US than run it off.....the same can't be said of the current President, or of either Hillary or Bernie.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I'd only have to move 20 miles. In the past, I've done research on how to legally take my guns with me. It's not that hard. I find Hillary and Trump equally repulsive. I'm within two years of retirement, so it's a viable possibility.

Comment

Don't need any more stupid leftists in this country. Stay home please.
                    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                      Look on the bright side. Most won't speak French.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                        Send them to the Northwest Territories......with only the cold weather gear they brought with them. Give them 40 acres and a mule. 6 months later you'll have your acreage back.......they'll starve or freeze to death. Unfortunately the mules will get eaten or sold.
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Good, let em leave. Our country would be better off without them. Let them move to their leftist paradise rather than try to ruin our country.
                          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Excellent. It's way past time to thin the herd, and Canada is as good a place as any to send the losers, the failures and immature.

If they wait until next January, they can take BoBo with them.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I wonder why people thinking of moving to Canada to avoid the likely republican candidate is somehow worse than people actually giving up US citizenship under a democratic president. (And his tax laws)

The number of Americans choosing to give up their citizenship has spiked dramatically this year as the government works to implement a new disclosure law aimed at stamping out tax evasion.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/04/news...tax/index.html
                              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X