Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for Hillary and her server.

From the Washington Post:

The Justice Department has granted immunity to a former State Department staffer, who worked on Hillary Clinton’s private email server, as part of a criminal investigation into the possible mishandling of classified information, according to a senior law enforcement official.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...571_story.html

While I have no knowledge of the negotiations that led to the grant of immunity, it is my understanding that before such a grant is made, law enforcement demands to know what the witness will say so they can determine if it is worth a grant of immunity.
    The fact that he has been given immunity indicates that they believe a crime has been committed and this guy was involved.
    So somebody above him is in trouble.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    From the Washington Post:

The Justice Department has granted immunity to a former State Department staffer, who worked on Hillary Clinton’s private email server, as part of a criminal investigation into the possible mishandling of classified information, according to a senior law enforcement official.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...571_story.html

While I have no knowledge of the negotiations that led to the grant of immunity, it is my understanding that before such a grant is made, law enforcement demands to know what the witness will say so they can determine if it is worth a grant of immunity.
    The fact that he has been given immunity indicates that they believe a crime has been committed and this guy was involved.
    We all know who that somebody is, but that person already has built in immunity.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Some IT guy in India will get blamed..

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          Some IT guy in India will get blamed..
          Or the IT guy with immunity will end up missing.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            We all know who that somebody is, but that person already has built in immunity.

We will soon see if the democrats are at all interested in the rule of law.
            They are going to have to take a public position on this and it will be hard to blame republicans. At least to anyone with half a brain.

Comment

We will soon see if the democrats are at all interested in the rule of law.
              Don't hold your breath!
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

This is shaping up to be an interesting year for presidential candidates. If all stays on the course it's on now, it'll be Hillary vs. Trump and if Hillary turns out to be in legal trouble we could have a pretty wild race. The democrats who are currently freaking out about Trump, saying they'll leave the country if he wins, will have no choice but to vote for Hillary, who in theory could be convicted of a felony.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
                  This is shaping up to be an interesting year for presidential candidates. If all stays on the course it's on now, it'll be Hillary vs. Trump and if Hillary turns out to be in legal trouble we could have a pretty wild race. The democrats who are currently freaking out about Trump, saying they'll leave the country if he wins, will have no choice but to vote for Hillary, who in theory could be convicted of a felony.
                  Oh i sincerely hope theyre serious. They can go live in Canada or Sweden and enjoy it to their bleeding heart's content and leave the US those of us who understand what it was created for. The more of them who leave the better.
                  "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

This email business, no matter how criminally investigated, won't be enough to bring Hillary down. In the eyes of most voters, the email issue is a scandal but not a sinister one. If Trump is the nominee she will win in a landslide regardless of the result of the FBI investigation.
                    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
                      The democrats who are currently freaking out about Trump, saying they'll leave the country if he wins.....
                      Now right there we have possibly the BEST reason for Trump there could possibly be! Go Trump! ()

GG
                      "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                        Oh i sincerely hope theyre serious. They can go live in Canada or Sweden and enjoy it to their bleeding heart's content and leave the US those of us who understand what it was created for. The more of them who leave the better.
                        Do the places they want to go want them?
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                          Do the places they want to go want them?
                          Doesn't seem to matter if a country wants your or not in this day and age. Just ask Europe or the southwestern states.
                          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
                            This email business, no matter how criminally investigated, won't be enough to bring Hillary down. In the eyes of most voters, the email issue is a scandal but not a sinister one. If Trump is the nominee she will win in a landslide regardless of the result of the FBI investigation.
                            If she is publically acknowledged to be under investigation for a felony or felonies, or is indicted, she's all but toast. The question is does that happen? If it does it's going to be a very deep hole to dig her way out of.
                            The Republicans could start rumors that if she is elected, she'll face impeachment immediately for being a felon and having committed "High crimes and misdemeanors" while in office as SoS. They'd have a good case to make even if she's only indicted or facing indictment.

It would cripple her administration. About the only way I see for her around that is picking a running mate that would give pause to anyone wanting her out of office. But, that defense measure might backfire in the election process so... she's sort of dammed either way.

Comment

She could pick BHO as a running mate, he still has 2 years of eligibility remaining.............
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X