Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limbaugh sort of endorses Cruz? 2016 Talk show support of the candidates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limbaugh sort of endorses Cruz? 2016 Talk show support of the candidates.

I listen to talk radio quite a bit. Everything from local talk hosts in the morning to the national hosts such as Glenn Beck, Mark Levin and NPR.

I know some conservatives don't like NPR. But 90% of their air time is fairly non partisan. I can even get my wife to listen to "Wait, wait don't tell me". I can see that some of NPR's coverage is slanted to the left. I enjoy hearing other views.

I would even listen to Air America when it was on. Although I could not listen to Al Franken. He was even worse on the radio than he was on SNL.

The king of radio talk shows is on 6 hours a day, 12-6 EST.

I am of course talking about the Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity show. Rush Limbaugh is on from 12- 3 and then Hannity says the same thing 3-6 in most cases.

I am not a loyal listener to any one. If what they are talking about isn't interesting I'll switch the dial.

And I confess I have a hard time listening to Limbaugh. I can agree with 90% of what he says. I just find him overbearing at times. But there are times when he is very interesting and I can't stop listening to him. And there is no denying he is the most influential radio talk show host.

From what I hear of the national conservative talk show hosts this is how I think they line up on the 2016 election.

Glenn Beck, big supporter of Ted Cruz. Is on the road supporting him. He may knock on your door soon if you have an upcoming primary in your state. Beck has alluded that his support for Cruz is based on a vision he had while on the road to Damascus Glenn Believes Donald Trump may be the Anti-Christ.

Mark Levin. Vocal opponent of Donald Trump. Not sure who he supports.

On the second half of the Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity show, Hannity seems to be edging towards supporting Trump.

Most of the conservative hosts tend not to endorse a particular candidate. Glenn Beck says that Ted Cruz is the first candidate he has officially endorsed during the primaries.

But they all will attack a politician if they disagree with their politics. Especially Republicans who they see as not conservative enough. Former Speaker of the House John Boehner and current Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell have been frequent targets for criticism for not being conservative enough.

Rush Limbaugh has not been very critical of Donald Trump. Which I find interesting. Any one who takes a hard look at Trump's statements over the years can see that he is not a conservative.

If any other politician had taken some of the positions on issues that Trump has over the years Limbaugh and Hannity would have been all over them.

But lately Limbaugh has been more critical of Donald Trump and more supportive of Ted Cruz.

This almost sounded like an endorsement of Ted Cruz:

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/limb.../29/id/716726/

"Limbaugh has not officially endorsed any candidate, but has made it clear that conservatives have only one choice in the GOP primary.

Last month, Limbaugh told his radio audience, "If conservatism is your bag, if conservatism is the dominating factor in how you vote, there is no other choice for you in this campaign than Ted Cruz."

Limbaugh gave his powerful imprimatur to Cruz by adding, "this [Cruz] is the closest in our lifetimes we have ever been to Ronald Reagan."

The Cruz campaign has been using this sound bite in their ads in Ohio and I would guess elsewhere:

http://www.wbdaily.com/national/rush...x-news-sunday/

Limbaugh said Cruz is:
    “Brilliant, and conservative through and through. Trustworthy, strong, confident, leader, and somebody in whom you can totally depend.”

George Will in one of his recent columns quoted General Douglas MacArthur when he said the cause of all military disasters is two words "Too Late":

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2016/fe...und-cool-down/

"MacArthur said all military disasters could be explained by two words: “Too late.” Too late to discern a danger, too late to prepare for it. The Trumpkins’ love affair with their hero is too hot not to cool down — unless his opponents quickly act on this fact: His supporters like him, not what pass for his “ideas,” so the way to stop him is to show him to be unlikable."

Is it too late to stop Trump? Not if every body but one candidate pulls out soon. I think if only Rubio or Cruz are left in the race there is still time to stop Trump. But it has to happen soon.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

I always had problems listening to the Leftists on talk radio. It wasn't so much their politics as simply them.

I will say the exception was Thom Hartmann. He actually followed the same format as Conservative radio did. He engaged in considered and polite commentary.

Stephanie Miller? She's a vulgar, drunken (admittedly so on her show more than once), A hole who used primarily toilet humor.

Randi Rhodes? Vicious and vulgar. Thrown off the air more than Don Imus and investigated by the Secret Service for threats against a sitting President.

Ed Schultz: A blow hard, liar, and has made calls for his listeners to break laws.

Al Franken was unfunny, unserious, and uninformed. He was simply an idiot.

Bill Press wasn't too bad, but I generally didn't listen to him as his show was on at bad times.

Sure, there are Conservative hosts who are not worth listening too as well. Michael Savage comes immediately to mind for example.

For the most part though the Right wing shows succeed because they aren't vulgar rants who insult anyone who calls and disagrees with the host.

I'd point out that a number of the Conservative hosts invite, and want opposed callers. They mostly handle them politely and engage in debate with them. The Lefties simply insult the hell out of them then call them stupid or such after hanging up. I suppose that plays well with those who are of like mind, but it certainly turns off anyone listening who isn't. I know it does with me.

Comment

But your boy RUSH now. He is just as bad if not worse than any of the left supporters and while he isn't on radio who can top O'Really.

they aren't vulgar rants who insult anyone who calls and disagrees with the host.
      What about Alex Jones who spouts hate and nonsense and with everyone including his mother
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        I'd point out that a number of the Conservative hosts invite, and want opposed callers. They mostly handle them politely and engage in debate with them. The Lefties simply insult the hell out of them then call them stupid or such after hanging up. I suppose that plays well with those who are of like mind, but it certainly turns off anyone listening who isn't. I know it does with me.

You have blinkers on if you think that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
          You have blinkers on if you think that is the case.
          Most likely ear plugs as well.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Of course the Right wing demagogues are not crazy about Trump he isn't a neocon fascist.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
              Of course the Right wing demagogues are not crazy about Trump he isn't a neocon fascist.
              He talks the talk, but does he walk the walk?

GG
              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Of all the talk show hosts I've ever listened to Charlie Freedman is one of the best. Great bumper music and rational discussions.

http://ksco.com/69-podcasts/39590-th...-freedman-show
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                  He talks the talk, but does he walk the walk?

GG
                  Like with everyone else we won't know until he is there. Even experienced governors (arguably the most qualified resume for the Presidency) have been duds (Carter being the poster child).

All elections are crap shoots.

Tuebor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X