Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'It's Over' in 11 Years

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    11 years?
    THIS year is going to see some nasty stuff, something about as bad as 2008, or worse.

    I think it's asking a bit much to think they can squeeze another decade out after that, I give it about half that.
    And that's for the whole world, not just the US. In fact, the next big one will probably start in the Orient.
    Nice another economic prediction of doom.. I love those.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Nice another economic prediction of doom.. I love those.
      Just like 1992, 2000, 2008 .... are we seeing a pattern yet?
      And each one was worse than the one before.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

      -Captain Jack

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        Just like 1992, 2000, 2008 .... are we seeing a pattern yet?
        And each one was worse than the one before.
        Why not keep going back? Late 1800's had more than one large Depression, let alone a recession. End result? Nothing. Economic cycles happen, you left out the dips that don't support your incorrect point.

        http://www.nber.org/cycles.html
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          Why not keep going back? Late 1800's had more than one large Depression, let alone a recession. End result? Nothing. Economic cycles happen, you left out the dips that don't support your incorrect point.

          http://www.nber.org/cycles.html
          Sure economic cycles happen but present evidence for your belief that you can deficit spend forever without consequences. Regardless of how good or bad the economy is, if you spend more than you make you will eventually hit a wall.
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
            Sure economic cycles happen but present evidence for your belief that you can deficit spend forever without consequences. Regardless of how good or bad the economy is, if you spend more than you make you will eventually hit a wall.
            Please show me where I made that statement? I'm curious. I made a clear statement on the faults of the OP, nothing more.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              Please show me where I made that statement? I'm curious. I made a clear statement on the faults of the OP, nothing more.
              The fact that you are behaving like deficit spending isn't a problem tends to hint at that.
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Sell it for what...and to whom?

                If you sell it for money, the crash of the economy will leave you with worthless banknotes. And you're probably selling it to someone who will then shoot it at you.
                um, NOoooooooo. My point was already based on the assumption there is no functioning economy and banknotes are worthless. In such a scenario, ammunition becomes a commodity, like precious metals and other items that retain their value, or become more valuable under worsening circumstances. Trade and barter is the most basic economy, and that will always remain.
                You'll live, only the best get killed.

                -General Charles de Gaulle

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                  The fact that you are behaving like deficit spending isn't a problem tends to hint at that.
                  Did not 'behave' that way at all. I simply pointed out the false statements made by the Congress Critter in the quote found in the OP. Sorry, you don't get to argue against points that I did not make, fire away all you want against the points I DID make all you want.

                  You fall into a common trap on this board, assuming that because a poster attacks a set of 'facts' as wrong or false then that poster must believe in the opposite point. Not true at all.
                  “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  And why the sea is boiling hot—
                  And whether pigs have wings.”
                  ― Lewis Carroll

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    Did not 'behave' that way at all. I simply pointed out the false statements made by the Congress Critter in the quote found in the OP. Sorry, you don't get to argue against points that I did not make, fire away all you want against the points I DID make all you want.

                    You fall into a common trap on this board, assuming that because a poster attacks a set of 'facts' as wrong or false then that poster must believe in the opposite point. Not true at all.
                    So you agree that deficit spending at this level is bad, then?
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                      So you agree that deficit spending at this level is bad, then?
                      In the long run yes. Unfortunately neither party wants too reduce spending.
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        In the long run yes. Unfortunately neither party wants too reduce spending.
                        Then right along with the "doomsday" prediction, will go the Constitution, for the "freedom loving" people of the US will not change their ways.

                        Which reminds me of an old saying, "It is easier to give a little something rather than to take back what is already given". I can see where this saying had it's beginnings now.

                        We are trapped into this mode until the end is near. THEN, will the changes take place...... and there is no way a democracy can make those changes. (Witness Greece, for instance.)

                        GG
                        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

                        "Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          When the banks start taxing your savings and the Feds start removing the $50 and $100 bill from circulation in order to force a cashless society where they control all income and spending, it will be truly be
                          “Breaking News,”

                          “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                          Comment

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X