Here's why you will not see Republican caucus results tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's why you will not see Republican caucus results tonight

Long story story, my doc sent me home and said no caucusing. I was just trying to hold on until 9pm for the results, and grew suspicious when no Colorado GOP results started rolling in.

The Colorado GOP decided to eliminate the presidential straw poll during Tuesday night's caucuses, which means there will be no Republican results to report. The decision was made in August.

The state Republican Party made the decision after the Republican National Committee changed the rules to require that if a straw poll is conducted, it must bind delegates to the results.

The Colorado GOP argues that making a preference poll binding turns it into an election, the results of which could affect the outcome of a potentially very close presidential race.

The state Republican Party also says there are security concerns. It argues that if the caucus is to be a binding election, it should come with all of the precautions and security measures of an actual election. According to the Colorado GOP website: "In our case we have over 2000 precincts in 64 counties where there is no uniformity of ballots, no uniform credentialing training process, no clarity on who actually counts ballots, no clear answer to who controls the tally sheets, and no uniform transparent process with integrity in the event there needs to be a recount."

So instead of a presidential straw poll, Republicans who caucus in Colorado Tuesday night will be selecting delegates for their county convention.
    Link for the article: http://www.krdo.com/news/heres-why-y...night/38282368

It seems like polling place rules should be locked in before the campaigning season starts. Do any other states do these this way? If its a straw poll to caucus, then why wouldn't it be binding? It seems like this method is prone to corruption.

Now, I know I'm missing something. Can you guys fill in the blanks for me? I know I missed something.

Caucusing seems to be a health hazard or potentially having all your neighbors hate you.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

It didn't work well here tonight. People reported traffic stopping as they got closer to their precinct meeting place, but they had like 20 precincts in the same building. Other people were told early on that they might be too far back in line, and not get to vote at all. I don't think this is how caucusing is supposed to work.

I don't understand why the Democrats' caucus system work for precincts, but the GOP's can't. Something stinks here!

Comment

Maybe if the Republican Leaders in Colorado liked the front runners better, they would have not been so heavy handed?

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Here in Washington State we had our caucus two weekends ago. That was mainly to determine delegates to the State Convention in April for the national in May. A Washington State slate of support will come out about early-mid April.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            Maybe if the Republican Leaders in Colorado liked the front runners better, they would have not been so heavy handed?

Pruitt
            I want to personally thank the Colorado GOP for digging the GOP's grave just a little deeper. What a bunch of asshats. This is exactly the kind of crap people are rebelling against with votes for Trump.

Comment

I just looked and the results still aren't in.
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                Long story story, my doc sent me home and said no caucusing. I was just trying to hold on until 9pm for the results, and grew suspicious when no Colorado GOP results started rolling in.

Link for the article: http://www.krdo.com/news/heres-why-y...night/38282368

It seems like polling place rules should be locked in before the campaigning season starts. Do any other states do these this way? If its a straw poll to caucus, then why wouldn't it be binding? It seems like this method is prone to corruption.

Now, I know I'm missing something. Can you guys fill in the blanks for me? I know I missed something.

You missed two key words:

1. "politics"
                2. Colorado

Colorado is a Democratic state under a Democratic governor; therefore, the straw caucus was held for Democratic candidates, and Hillary got "Trumped", if you will, by Sanders.

The Hickey was trying to swing the state to Hillary.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                  I want to personally thank the Colorado GOP for digging the GOP's grave just a little deeper. What a bunch of asshats. This is exactly the kind of crap people are rebelling against with votes for Trump.
                  The GOP is rightfully afraid of anything that appears new or different - say "Trump" - and unsure what it should do; therefore, in the truest of political traditions they are trying to do nothing while giving the appearance of decisively doing something.

What the heck, Biscuit - BoBo has been doing that for the past eight years.

This will be a seminal year for political historians, as we are watching the possible self-destruction of the two party system, caucuses and all of the other backroom shady deals that have so dishonored American politics for so long.

It will be interesting to see what replaces it. Hopefully, a form of popular vote held directly without party intervention.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    The GOP is rightfully afraid of anything that appears new or different - say "Trump" - and unsure what it should do; therefore, in the truest of political traditions they are trying to do nothing while giving the appearance of decisively doing something.

What the heck, Biscuit - BoBo has been doing that for the past eight years.

This will be a seminal year for political historians, as we are watching the possible self-destruction of the two party system, caucuses and all of the other backroom shady deals that have so dishonored American politics for so long.

It will be interesting to see what replaces it. Hopefully, a form of popular vote held directly without party intervention.
                    Okay, I'd be thrilled with the destruction of the two-party system - the visual image I see my head is the destruction of the Death Star with music. So caucuses are shady? I never saw much point, but I never understood them either.

If I understood right, they are going to hold on to all their electoral votes until July, then pimp to the highest binder. Maybe I read it wrong though. I'm down with popular vote. Everything else is bollocks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X