The Case for Hillary Clinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Case for Hillary Clinton

I would like to invite anyone to present a logical case, giving examples, why Hillary Clinton should be or deserves to be President of the United States.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

good for you to be fair to both side Hillery and Trump . I see no one is running in to say anything about hillery.

Comment

Not sure about the presidential race but as for her primary opponent, she has more testicular fortitude than he does.
      I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
      --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

She has more practical experience of Government: as FLOTUS and Secretary of State, than Trump, perhaps ? What has Donald done in the public sphere ?
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
          She has more practical experience of Government: as FLOTUS and Secretary of State, than Trump ?
          I dunno if I'd go with that. First Lady isn't a position it just means you married the president. They have no power, no authority and no responsibility. They are just private citizens. She also shouldn't run on her time as SOS considering that most of what she did during her tenure either got Americans killed, is under FBI investigation or both.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
            I dunno if I'd go with that. First Lady isn't a position it just means you married the president. They have no power, no authority and no responsibility. They are just private citizens. She also shouldn't run on her time as SOS considering that most of what she did during her tenure either got Americans killed, is under FBI investigation or both.
            I'm probably demonstrating my ignorance here, but I thought that,at least as First Lady, there would be a degree of public exposure. But her term of Secretary of State should certainly confer some practical experience, surely. (She even visited Melbourne ).

Trump, of the other hand, while he certainly talks big, seems to have little to recommend him: a successful business man certainly, but isn't that the result of inherited wealth ?
            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

I'm probably demonstrating my ignorance here, but I thought that,at least as First Lady, there would be a degree of public exposure. But her term of Secretary of State should certainly confer some practical experience, surely. (She even visited Melbourne ).
              It does but not as a leader. The first lady is basically a celebrity and has no art in the government of any sort of decision making.

I agree SOS would provide experience but I was just pointing out that she shouldn't try to use that to make her left look better. All of the experience she got as SOS was her making fatal errors and breaking the law. Hardly the type of experience you want in a president.
              "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

She's not Trump.

Frankly, I'm glad I don't have a dog in this fight, as the party I hate has a mediocre politician married to a former president, and the party I despise has an absolute nut-job.

Neither front runner is worth voting for but - like the rest of the world - I can only look on in sick horror as the most powerful nation on Earth elects someone who shouldn't be put in charge of a rabbit-hutch.

If the First Minister of Scotland f*cks up (McConnell's pin-stripe kilt, anyone ?) people laugh,and then go about their business. If the President of the USA makes a booboo, after the dust settles, there may not be anybody left. Certainly the survivors won't feel like laughing.
                Last edited by the ace; 01 Mar 16, 15:08.
                Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                  It does but not as a leader. The first lady is basically a celebrity and has no art in the government of any sort of decision making.

I agree SOS would provide experience but I was just pointing out that she shouldn't try to use that to make her left look better. All of the experience she got as SOS was her making fatal errors and breaking the law. Hardly the type of experience you want in a president.
                  You left off as SoS she travelled a lot...

Comment

Trump, of the other hand, while he certainly talks big, seems to have little to recommend him: a successful business man certainly, but isn't that the result of inherited wealth ?
                    He made a staggering amount on money in his own right. Unlike politics, that demands results.

Hillary, on the other hand, has been trained as a professional politician, married one, and was an epic failure as a SoS. She's never really held a job.

She is overage and in poor health.

She is also one of the most ruthless people in the US government.

Frankly, a lot of Americans are tired of candidates who have never held a real job or faced real problems. Trump had to deal with rich people problems, but he still has more 'street cred' in that regard than Hillary.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

If you are one of several special interests, then you have a good reason to vote for Hillary.

The first group that has every reason to are "The rich" and Wall Street.

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/28/the_...ts_must_avoid/

Salon is hardly conservative, and even they admit Hillary is in both "The Rich" and Wall Street's pocket. She'll give them everything they want for continued pouring of money into the DNC's and her coffers.
                      If you're rich or a Wall Street mogul, particularly if you're also Progressive, Hillary is a slam dunk candidate for you. You don't care if the poor get kicked to the curb and the Middle Class gets screwed like a rabbit in heat, you're going to get filthier rich than you already are!

Another special interest group that benefits is feminists. They see one of their major objectives met: A woman in the White House. You can bet Hillary will be user friendly to that bunch... possibly in more ways than one...

Minorities? You get nothing, nada, zip point... The DNC and Hillary expect you to vote for Democrats regardless of what they do in office...

Foreign business and interests? You have every reason to want Hillary. The White House will be open for business just leave a few million in the offering tray by the door and all your wishes will come true.

That's just a few of the special interests that the party of special interests has going for it and Hillary.

Comment

..... and she will win. After all, one good corrupt politician deserves another.

GG
                        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

If Trump is nominated she undoubtedly will win. Trump can't beat her, his negatives are too high.
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            If Trump is nominated she undoubtedly will win. Trump can't beat her, his negatives are too high.
                            We shall have to see, but it looks like Clinton's campaign will largely be an attempt to attack and discredit Trump, rather than a focus on setting a clear agenda of her own. Both the polls and bookmakers suggest she will be successful in this endeavour. Still a few twists and turns to come though, I suspect.
                            Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              I disagree. Hillary fumbled her last try in 2008, and since then she is more weather-beaten. She campaigns in the traditional vanilla style, whereas Trump is a wild man, and Americans like drama.

And she certainly is belabored with scandal. plus Bill, who will certainly open his mouth in the months to come. Likewise Bobo's endgame antics will impact her chances.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X