Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Oscars - A Racial Disaster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Oscars - A Racial Disaster

    I started out watching the Oscars last night, but only a few minutes into Rock's intro, I tired of his constant racial remarks and racial slurs and switched it off. Obviously, Rock's solution to pressure not to host the Oscars was solved by his pandering to the racist movement and insulting whites at every opportunity. I kept expecting white actors to get up and walk out in protest, but, of course, whites don't do that.

    If this is where America is heading, I don't like it.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I started out watching the Oscars last night, but only a few minutes into Rock's intro, I tired of his constant racial remarks and racial slurs and switched it off. Obviously, Rock's solution to pressure not to host the Oscars was solved by his pandering to the racist movement and insulting whites at every opportunity. I kept expecting white actors to get up and walk out in protest, but, of course, whites don't do that.

    If this is where America is heading, I don't like it.
    I didn't watch the Oscars but what little of Rock's performance I hears on the radio driving to work this morning sounded more like he was making fun of other black people and their fake outrage. Did I just hear a small selection of the whole thing and get the wrong idea?
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

    Comment


    • #3
      He even made the radio news over here, it was somewhat funny,

      this part in particular :

      Itís the 88th Academy Awards. Itís the 88th Academy Awards, which means this whole no black nominees thing has happened at least 71 other times. O.K.?

      You gotta figure that it happened in the 50s, in the 60s ó you know, in the 60s, one of those years Sidney didnít put out a movie. Iím sure there were no black nominees some of those years. Say Ď62 or Ď63, and black people did not protest.

      Why? Because we had real things to protest at the time, you know? We had real things to protest; you know, weíre too busy being raped and lynched to care about who won best cinematographer.

      You know, when your grandmotherís swinging from a tree, itís really hard to care about best documentary foreign short.
      Full text here:

      http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/29/mo...ogue.html?_r=0
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

      Comment


      • #4
        It was pretty sickening. This country is in a weird place with these newly-invented racial issues. I think these people are insane.

        Comment


        • #5
          I liked his suggestion for new categories: Best Black Friend.

          I should note that I watched him on YouTube. I don't watch the Oscars.
          Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 29 Feb 16, 11:03.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I started out watching the Oscars last night, but only a few minutes into Rock's intro, I tired of his constant racial remarks and racial slurs and switched it off. Obviously, Rock's solution to pressure not to host the Oscars was solved by his pandering to the racist movement and insulting whites at every opportunity. I kept expecting white actors to get up and walk out in protest, but, of course, whites don't do that.

            If this is where America is heading, I don't like it.
            You have my sympathies...

            Comment


            • #7
              This isn't really a race issue, wait until the underprivileged whites get into the act then we will really have something to worry about. The only question is do they shop off the heads of the liberal elites first or the conservative money changers.
              We hunt the hunters

              Comment


              • #8
                Also can we stop calling him Rock? He is Chris Rock. There is only one Rock...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Charger View Post
                  Also can we stop calling him Rock? He is Chris Rock. There is only one Rock...
                  When I was growing up, this was the Rock


                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If anything he made fun of black people for protesting the Oscars. But, I guess even comedy has to remain politically correct now as not to offend anyone with thin skin.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

                      The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        What's this? Rubbing a little basalt in the wound?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Apparently, a lot of people turned it off.
                          http://deadline.com/2016/02/oscars-t...bc-1201711309/
                          ďBreaking News,Ē

                          ďSomething irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.Ē

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I haven't watched the Oscars in a long time, maybe 10 years. The humor is only funny at the beginning, then its tiresome and played. Besides I'm a huge sore loser - my favorite movies never win anyway. What's the point?

                            I am more open to the Oscars when the older comedians are on, but I'd Youtube it. I'm not watching the whole thing. Chris Rock was never going to have mass appeal. Maybe its just me, but Robin Williams was always funny. Billy Crystal was always funny. I think Johnny Carson or Bob Hope would have been great, but they were before I could stay up that late.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                              I haven't watched the Oscars in a long time, maybe 10 years. The humor is only funny at the beginning, then its tiresome and played. Besides I'm a huge sore loser - my favorite movies never win anyway. What's the point?

                              I am more open to the Oscars when the older comedians are on, but I'd Youtube it. I'm not watching the whole thing. Chris Rock was never going to have mass appeal. Maybe its just me, but Robin Williams was always funny. Billy Crystal was always funny. I think Johnny Carson or Bob Hope would have been great, but they were before I could stay up that late.
                              I agree, the Oscars blow. I've never been a fan, although when it was the one movie award show per year I sometimes watched (maybe it was because at that time there were decent movies to choose from too). I don't get much pleasure watching a bunch of millionaires pat each other and themselves on the back for making so much money making garbage movies, and I don't appreciate them using the show as a political soapbox. Would they listen if a politician told them how to make a movie? Actors should stick to acting and keep their opinions about politics among their family and friends, and stop using public forums to try to influence politics.
                              As far as the Oscars being somehow racist because there just happen to be no black nominees in the major categories, I feel that the same could be said for a lot of other things: I feel that whites are badly underrepresented in the NBA and NFL and we need to have some of the current players released so the racial balance can be more in line with the general population. The NBA needs to be at least 60% white, so pack your bags most of the current players. Makes just as much sense to me as forcing people to nominate black actors regardless of whether they deserve it, strictly based on race.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X