Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump hit by Rubio and Cruz in KKK endorsement flap

Two KKK articles in as many days.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Sunday found himself at the center of attacks about a possible connection to the Ku Klux Klan and being accused of not outright rejecting support from the group or ex-leader David Duke.

Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz, of Cuban descent, suggested on “Fox News Sunday” that a hate group supporting the front-running Trump was making recorded calls – known as “robo-calls” -- telling potential voters not to pick a Cuban candidate.

And Trump was repeatedly asked on CNN’s “State of the Union” about retired KKK grand wizard David Duke last week giving his support to the Trump campaign.

"Just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, OK?" Trump responded. "I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. Did he endorse me, or what's going on?”

Trump was asked the question Friday on the campaign trail in Fort Worth, Texas. He said he was unaware about a Duke endorsement.

“I didn't even know,” Trump told a reporter. "I disavow it. OK?”
    Fox News - Full Article

Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue, but because Trump's rhetoric seems to invite such people, the shots by Rubio and Cruz are fair. When you're this divisive and go as far as blaming minorities for some of America's problems, similar to how Hitler blamed the Jews, then support from KKK or former KKK should be expected.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue, but because Trump's rhetoric seems to invite such people, the shots by Rubio and Cruz are fair. When you're this divisive and go as far as blaming minorities for some of America's problems, similar to how Hitler blamed the Jews, then support from KKK or former KKK should be expected.
      You mean haters just make **** up to bitch about. Amazing how small minded people can somehow pull the Jews and Nazis into discussion.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
        You mean haters just make **** up to bitch about. Amazing how small minded people can somehow pull the Jews and Nazis into discussion.
        You just don't like being compared to Herman the German or more to the point having anti-antisemitic label being attached to the Donald. You are a supporter of his iirc.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It never mattered to Democrats where one of their own, Senator Byrd, was a member, then leader, of that organization.
          http://dailycaller.com/2010/06/28/se...-klan-chapter/

Regardless, Trump is a bully who's popularity is the result of voters fed up with the lying and cronyism of the Republican leadership and the Democrats getting away with their double standards.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

For a racist I'm having a hard time finding anything Trump has said that clearly demonstrated what his attitude toward race is. On the other hand I don't have any trouble finding Racist remarks by the left's heros.

"As for slavery, there is no need for me to speak of its bad aspects. The only thing requiring explanation is the good side of slavery. I do not mean indirect slavery, the slavery of proletariat; I mean direct slavery, the slavery of the Blacks in Surinam, in Brazil, in the southern regions of North America. Direct slavery is as much the pivot upon which our present-day industrialism turns as are machinery, credit, etc. Slavery is therefore an economic category of paramount importance."

Marx

I think at this point the fact that there are so few polls of minorities on how they feel about Trump it is hard to say if he is as divisive as the liberal press has been trying to paint him. The only polls I have seen are by right wing organization and if they are to be believed, which is a big if, then he has 25 percent of the black vote and 40 percent of the hispanic. I have of course seen liberal organizations polls that give him only 12 percent of the hispanic vote.

What I think is clear is he is not as much of a Racist as Nixon or Johnson. If you look at Johnson he actually signed more civil rights legislation than any other president so you have to be careful with this racist label because history proves it doesn't translate into policy.

The case in the original post seems to me to be just one more attempt to make Trump say something so outrageous that he is knocked out the race. Clearly the reporter was trying to paint Trump into a corner.

I suspect however that Trump didn't answer with the standard reply of I'm not a racist and I despise the KKK on purpose. Answering the question would have made it look like he was being defensive. Look what happened to University of Missouri System President Tim Wolfe when he came out in defense of his policies. By all accounts there was never any evidence that Wolfe had done anything wrong but as soon as he defended his actions he was as good as gone.

If you consider that Trump has more or less told the media he was going to tear down their house of cards it seems they could dig up something a little more conclusive. I could be convinced not to vote for Trump but they need to come up with some better evidence.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

What does Marx have to do with a US presidential election?

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                It never mattered to Democrats where one of their own, Senator Byrd, was a member, then leader, of that organization.
                http://dailycaller.com/2010/06/28/se...-klan-chapter/

Regardless, Trump is a bully who's popularity is the result of voters fed up with the lying and cronyism of the Republican leadership and the Democrats getting away with their double standards.
                Since you are heading to the Way Back Machine to work on some deflection, why stop there? You could got back to the Civil War and beyond.

"See, there is a racist there and there so, it's all the same as if it happened in 2016"

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                  What does Marx have to do with a US presidential election?
                  The point I was trying to make is have you ever heard Marx called a racist?
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue, but because Trump's rhetoric seems to invite such people.

It seems

Comment

Trump blames 'lousy earpiece' for KKK flap

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-g...#ixzz41YrWjuI0

So Trump refuses to answer the question and then said he answered it the day before. It does make the press look stupid if they were unaware of his earlier statement on Friday.
                      We hunt the hunters

Comment

But you are just making things up. Really, you keep doing it. Trump has said NOTHING about blaming minorities or doing ANYTHING like Hitler in WWII. But I get it, that's your go-to line, because Hitler was evil and blah blah blah.

The intellectual dishonesty from anti-Trump people is stunning. Suddenly, enforcing existing law on illegal immigration = gassing Jews! Who knew?

Comment

I agree with Charger, this is a ridiculous connection to make. To go from this lame attempt by the media to tie Trump to the clan, directly to comparing Trump to Hitler all in one leap is a bit much. This type of statement, showing the lack of understanding it shows, is a good example of why normal people despise the left so much: people on the left act as if they've never heard of logic let alone know how to apply it. Liberals are all about shrill, shrieking statements like this that claim all kinds of BS without a shred of proof, and at the first sign of disagreement out comes the 'racist' or 'Hitler' card, which they think is like the ultimate trump card (no pun intended) for everything from welfare reform to illegal immigration to just about every other issue. You don't agree with the left, you're one of Hitler's people, no question. Stupid, and it's getting old.

Comment

Normal people seems to be the left winning 4 or the last six or is the majority of voters not normal

Liberals are all about shrill, shrieking statements like this that claim all kinds of BS without a shred of proof,
                            Sounds more like a profile of tRump
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                              Haters? lol. You sound like an urban teen trying to deflect criticism.

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                              But you are just making things up. Really, you keep doing it. Trump has said NOTHING about blaming minorities or doing ANYTHING like Hitler in WWII. But I get it, that's your go-to line, because Hitler was evil and blah blah blah.

The intellectual dishonesty from anti-Trump people is stunning. Suddenly, enforcing existing law on illegal immigration = gassing Jews! Who knew?
                              Trump has put the nation's security issues on Muslims. So much so that he wants to register all Muslims into a database. Again, a modern form of what Hitler did to the Jews.

Aside from that he has put the nation's issue of violence on Latino's and Black's. Dividing the nation and again blaming minorities as Hitler did.

Your lack of knowledge shouldn't be confused with me making anything up, because I'm not.

No one said anything about WW2 or gassing Jews. If you require further reading assistance, let me know.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X