3 stabbed when violence erupts at KKK rally in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
    Agreed. That's what should have happened in Anaheim, and this would barely make the news. 6 KKK guys, piling out of a single SUV to hold a demonstration would be viewed by most people as pathetic, and the best reaction would have been no reaction at all. The mob didn't exercise the restraint you have advocated and look what they got, jail time, stabbed and now there may be people sympathizing with the Klan's right to peaceful demonstration that wouldn't have sympathized otherwise. Pretty much exactly the wrong reaction to something they should have had the good sense to ignore.
    Point of order here; just because one sympathizes with the KKK's right to demonstrate doesn't mean one also sympathizes with what they are saying/advocating.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      Point of order here; just because one sympathizes with the KKK's right to demonstrate doesn't mean one also sympathizes with what they are saying/advocating.
      No, that's true. I don't sympathize with the Klan's message and never have. They are part of the root of the problem going back to post-Civil War. In recent decades they've really just been a fringe, extremist group that I don't think anyone really takes seriously, so for them to be attacked in violation of their right to free speech just isn't smart.
      Here's something I wonder: suppose they weren't Klan members? Suppose a group of white people got together and had a public demonstration, all of them carrying 'white lives matter' signs and chanting something similar? Would this be viewed as a bunch of racists, or would they be treated as people who had the right to demonstrate and left alone by others? Would the media treat them the same way they treat BLM demonstrations? I'm not sure, and not trying to propose anything one way or the other but just wonder what would happen?

Comment

I guess it's a matter of opinion but I find the whole BLM as very racist or at least based on races thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          I guess it's a matter of opinion but I find the whole BLM as very racist or at least based on races thinking.
          You're right John, and they're militant about it. The media just plays along.

And if one has the opinion that all lives matter, that person is somehow the problem.
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            You're right John, and they're militant about it. The media just plays along.

And if one has the opinion that all lives matter, that person is somehow the problem.
            Not to take the side of those folks - they're nothing to be proud of since they're often guilty of doing just what they protest against - the whole BLM movement was created specifically because they believed the wider nation didn't think black lives mattered.

Basically they shout "black lives matter!" because they believe the nation was saying "black lives don't matter".

Comment

BLM needs to look closer into "the 'hood". Biggest display that Black lives don't matter is the black on black slaughter which only that community can address and fix.
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                Basically they shout "black lives matter!" because they believe the nation was saying "black lives don't matter".
                That may be their excuse, but it's still a crock of s***.

BLM infers by name, and actions, that only black lives matter. That other lives don't.

So BLM isn't garnering sympathy from me. They're forcing me to do something I really don't want to; choose sides. The BLM does nothing good.

It really sucks, but things are going to get ugly. It seems this country is being led, maybe even forced into eventual civil war.
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

This whole thing only convinces me more that California should be made into some kind of sanctuary for the political extremists. The state is going to break off and sink one day anyway.
                  You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                    That may be their excuse, but it's still a crock of s***.

BLM infers by name, and actions, that only black lives matter. That other lives don't.
                    That's actually untrue. Saying "I like apples" doesn't mean I dislike all other fruit. One could say "black lives matter" and then later say "white lives matter" without contradicting oneself.

Even the inference is dependent on subjective perception. If one believes that "black lives don't matter" in the United States, then the statement "black lives matter" is meant to create balance and bring black lives up to the importance of white, Asian, Hispanic, etc. lives. It's meant to raise awareness to a perceived problem, lead to social change, and all that stuff you see young naive people shouting about on television.

So BLM isn't garnering sympathy from me. They're forcing me to do something I really don't want to; choose sides. The BLM does nothing good.
                    I don't have much sympathy for them either. I sympathize a lot more with what they claim to represent, but the organization itself - and how many of its adherents have tried to use it for nefarious and selfish ends - means I don't see much good in the group itself.

That and the fact that so many of the problems stem from more mundane issues, like unemployment and education.

It really sucks, but things are going to get ugly. It seems this country is being led, maybe even forced into eventual civil war.
                    Why are Americans so prone to predicting the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      That's actually untrue. Saying "I like apples" doesn't mean I dislike all other fruit. One could say "black lives matter" and then later say "white lives matter" without contradicting oneself.
                      Normally yes. However, with the BLM movement, that is not acceptable. With BLM, white lives do not matter. I said by name and actions.....

Even the inference is dependent on subjective perception. If one believes that "black lives don't matter" in the United States, then the statement "black lives matter" is meant to create balance and bring black lives up to the importance of white, Asian, Hispanic, etc. lives.
                      Maybe in their own minds.

It's meant to raise awareness to a perceived problem, lead to social change, and all that stuff you see young naive people shouting about on television.
                      It's having the opposite effect.

Why are Americans so prone to predicting the end of the world?
                      I don't consider myself prone to such predictions. It's just that I can see the clouds and hear the thunder.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X