The Economist: Trump Is Unfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    I don't know what you're taking about with the '+#'.
    As mentioned, it's the net value, in an average of all polls of Republican voters made in that period (I think mid-December to mid-January), who stated they were favorable to Trump, less those who said they were unfavorable to Trump.

I don't feel like going back and finding the site up again, so I'll make a fictional example: if 40% of the sample said they are favorable to Trump and 25% said they are unfavorable, the net favorability value would be +15. If the reverse, the net favorability value would be -15.

Keep in mind that most GOP voters will vote in Nov for whomever wins the primary in March.
    That is at least an actual answer to my questions, and unless I missed a post, the first I can see. You are saying that no matter if the nominee has any issues at all, most voters of this party will vote for him out of party loyalty, so the issues, regardless of whether they are significant instead of made up by a hostile news source, do not matter. OK, I can get that. I was just asking. Thank you.
    Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
      That is at least an actual answer to my questions, and unless I missed a post, the first I can see. You are saying that no matter if the nominee has any issues at all, most voters of this party will vote for him out of party loyalty, so the issues, regardless of whether they are significant instead of made up by a hostile news source, do not matter. OK, I can get that. I was just asking. Thank you.
      Yeah, that's how it works. Once the primaries are over, both candidates can count on their party base. There will be a little wastage on both sides, of course, but not all that much.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Based on Trump's wiki entry I would have thought that his economic policies would have suited the Economist.

Trump is in favour of free trade after all and the original purpose of the Economist was to promote free trade.

"On economic issues, Trump identifies as a "free trader".[183] His campaign's tax plan calls for reducing the corporate tax rate to 15% concurrent with the elimination of various loopholes and deductions.[184] Trump believes the minimum wage should not be raised because increasing it would hurt America's economic competitiveness.[185"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ical_positions
        Last edited by Surrey; 27 Feb 16, 15:32.
        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X