Alabama Fast Food Employees Refuse To Serve LEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Fast Food Employees Refuse To Serve LEO

An Alabama police officer said he was denied service at a fast food restaurant and the chain’s spokesperson agreed that “the service he experienced was unacceptable.”
    The officer, who hasn’t been identified, allegedly waited at a Krystal drive-thru window for 10 minutes without being served or even acknowledged, Irondale Police Chief Kevin Atkinson told FOX11.
    When the officer went inside the establishment, two workers at the counter allegedly walked to the back of the restaurant in clear view of the officer for several minutes, Atkinson said to AL.com. Eventually, one of the employees allegedly walked up to the counter – still without acknowledging the officer – and yelled that she had to use the bathroom. After waiting for several more minutes, the officer left.
    “The bottom line is, without the partnership of the community, we can’t do our job,” Atkinson said. “You know they need us and we need them.”
    A Krystal spokeswoman said video surveillance largely backed up the officer’s claims.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/24...estaurant.html
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

No race mentioned but
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      No race mentioned but
      Thinking the same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        No race mentioned but
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        I believe that Irondale is a steel mill town right outside of Birmingham, if that means anything, which it probably does...

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
          I believe that Irondale is a steel mill town right outside of Birmingham, if that means anything, which it probably does...
          Why? Is that a racist town, or just one that hates LEO's?

Comment

One of the question the reaction to alleged wide spread police abuse of force raises is if the effected populations have the abstract thinking tools to understand the need for cooperation. How much of the responsibility falls on the liberal elites who don't live in these communities if police have a less than enthusiastic view toward policing the poorer neighborhoods.

The other problem is how many people from the effected community will want to become police officers if they become alienated from their friends and relatives in those communities. Alienated populations have traditionally turned to the worst elements of there ethnicity instead of relying on the police. I would offer the Irish and Italian immigrant neighborhoods as well known examples. These problems become vicious circles of unlawful violence and deeper alienation.

I think we can turn the argument on it's head and say that brutal neighborhoods create brutal cops.

"An investigation of nearly 14,000 military personnel found that about 20 per cent of young servicemen under the age of 30 had at least one conviction for a violent offence compared with less than 7 per cent for young men of a similar age in the general population."

Independent UK

"But the evidence also suggests that ex-servicemen are in fact less likely to commit crime than civilians, with an official estimate suggesting that ex-servicemen are 30% less likely to end up in prison than other adult males."

The Guardian UK

I think the argument can be made that violent police officers are victims of a society that expects to be perfectly safe. If the demands are excessive the tools used will be excessive. You can see the same pattern in the actions of the government to combat terrorism. Certainly the war on drugs is largely a disaster because the public expected the police to solve a societal problem they were not equipped to deal with.

It is an almost a biological imperative that societies send their young men, and now women, to war to make it safe for the rest of society. In subtle ways we communicate to young men that they are expendable and when you combine that the natural rebelliousness and indiscrimination of youth unexpected personality traits that last a lifetime are likely to emerge. At the same time that we teach young people how to be violent we need to give them the thinking tools to understand why life is not fair.

The hypocrisy of elites who face none of the dangers the rest of society face who then demand their own families be perfect safe while at the same time condemning the tools used to keep them safe is not healthy.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Every town is racist. I live in a city that is largely minority and the racism is reversed by the democratic process.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

I don't know, that's your conclusion. I just gave some geographical and economic information on the city.

Comment

Look, unless it is corporate policy, those 2 will be fired.
                  And it can't be policy.

Oh, but...
                  Yeah, so its a Civil Rights issue now?

I can just imagine what would have been said if this had happened in Burns, Oregon, last month.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                    Every town is racist.
                    I disagree. "Many" places are racist, but not all of them.

OTH, Washington, DC is the most racist city in America.

Comment

I disagree. "Many" places are racist, but not all of them.

OTH, Washington, DC is the most racist city in America.
                      Only for a couple more months.
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                        Every town is racist. I live in a city that is largely minority and the racism is reversed by the democratic process.
                        What an absurd claim.

My town isn't racist. Some of the people living here might be.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Hi

This from further down the original linked piece (my emphasis):-

We can also verify that the service he experienced was unacceptable, but it was also unacceptable for the other three guests in front of him at the counter and at the drive-thru,” spokeswoman Kim Miller told AL.com. “The service levels were unacceptable for all of our guests during that time period. The officer was not targeted, but neither he nor our other guests received the level of service they should.”
                          So from that, it seems that these staff members were yanking everyone's chain and not just the LEO.
                          If that is correct, then the headline is misleading but obviously more 'headline' than if it just stated 4 people refused service or given bad service!

Regards

Andy H
                          "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

fast Food restaurants are now employing nobel prizes ?
                            Or did this Leo experienced the dumd and dumber's brothers ?
                            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Not to hijack this but could someone tell this Noo Yawk Yankee what the difference is between Krystal and White Castle?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X