Justice American Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    Simply pointing out that the constitution is never taken literally by any major group in America. However, there are many who believe there is no interpretation done regarding the constitution - they see interpretation as the purview of activist judges and progressives.

Simply put, the constitutionality of arms control is dependent upon an individuals interpretation of the constitution and their political views mixed together. We look at places like Oakland and think "Jesus, a revolver for self defense makes sense", but the same person can also think "You know, having any story capable of selling any arm at will doesn't seem very smart...".

I'm a staunch supporter of gun ownership. But there are plenty of gun owners who don't recognize the logical failings frequently employed in the arguments used to justify that right. I dislike hypocrisy, especially when it's supporting my own cause.
    I appreciate your take, I have to admit I was befuddled by your approach to the OP. You aptly made the argument for banning all guns, reducing the argument to the absurd and comparing pro gun rights argument to the old adage "if you can own a gun why not a nuclear bomb". Which didn't seem to jive with past posts.
    So could you tell us, just how are we to defend our rights if we can't defend our rights?
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      I appreciate your take, I have to admit I was befuddled by your approach to the OP. You aptly made the argument for banning all guns, reducing the argument to the absurd and comparing pro gun rights argument to the old adage "if you can own a gun why not a nuclear bomb". Which didn't seem to jive with past posts.
      So could you tell us, just how are we to defend our rights if we can't defend our rights?
      The question of the age.

Simply put, it depends on who you are protecting them from. We empower the state because we don't trust the common man. But how do you protect your rights from the state if you are prohibited from approaching the state from even ground?

Each generation tweaks and interprets our rights differently. Time will tell how it results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        Simply pointing out that the constitution is never taken literally by any major group in America. However, there are many who believe there is no interpretation done regarding the constitution - they see interpretation as the purview of activist judges and progressives.

Interpreting a text of the constitution is changing its content and this can not be done by judges or politicians, only by the people .

The constitution is always clear : it prohibites slavery,there is no way to interprete this in the meaning that slavery is allowed .

A text (=a part ) of the constitution can only be changed by an amendment, not by political interpretation .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          Interpreting a text of the constitution is changing its content and this can not be done by judges or politicians, only by the people .

The constitution is always clear : it prohibites slavery,there is no way to interprete this in the meaning that slavery is allowed .

A text (=a part ) of the constitution can only be changed by an amendment, not by political interpretation .
          Which is why the constitution in its test clearly states my right to possess nuclear arms and says nothing about how some arms are to be treated differently than others. It's clear and blatant that preventing my possession of nuclear weapons is simply unconstitutional.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X