The Shrill one has new e-mail problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shrill one has new e-mail problems

A federal judge has ordered discovery to go forward on Hillary's e-mail fiasco, meaning the real possibility she'll be charged.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Kz&ocid=SMSDHP

A federal judge on Tuesday ruled that State Department officials and top aides to Hillary Clinton should be questioned under oath about whether they intentionally thwarted federal open records laws by using or allowing the use of a private email server throughout Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of Washington came in a lawsuit over public records brought by Judicial Watch, a conservative legal watchdog group, regarding its May 2013 request, for information about the employment arrangement of a longtime Clinton aide, Huma Abedin.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    A federal judge has ordered discovery to go forward on Hillary's e-mail fiasco, meaning the real possibility she'll be charged.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Kz&ocid=SMSDHP
    A lawsuit by JW is not going to change anything in the investigation.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      It's moving forward to discovery meaning that it potentially will go to trial. Even if it's just against her underlings it opens up an entirely new problem for her: There are people potentially being indicted and charged associated with her use of that private e-mail server.
      If they are getting charged, then she is likely to be rolled up into this at some point being the principal and what in most RICO / conspiracy charges would be called "ring leader."

Comment

It might not, but it may force a number of Hillary's aides to take the 5th and I don't see that as helping her campaign.
        It will be difficult to put a positive spin on that.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Nothing is going to happen to her, I am willing to bet money on it, that's how sure I am.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            Nothing is going to happen to her, I am willing to bet money on it, that's how sure I am.
            I hope you're right but in such a way that it triggers the mutiny the FBI has been threatening. That would do more damage to her campaign than if she were actually indicted.
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
              I believe you are 100% correct. Anyone asking questions will probably end up at the Ministry of Love and after that will spend their remaining days drinking Victory Gin.

Comment

It's moving forward to discovery meaning that it potentially will go to trial. Even if it's just against her underlings it opens up an entirely new problem for her: There are people potentially being indicted and charged associated with her use of that private e-mail server.
                If they are getting charged,
                then she is likely to be rolled up into this at some point being the principal and what in most RICO / conspiracy charges would be called "ring leader."
                It's a civil case, nothing to do with criminal prosecution. This has nothing to do with any investigation.
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                  It might not, but it may force a number of Hillary's aides to take the 5th and I don't see that as helping her campaign.
                  It will be difficult to put a positive spin on that.
                  The next step is for both sides to submit their plans and lines of questioning for the discovery. The Judge made it quite clear that those lines would be very restrictive and to the point. Their will be no fishing expedition.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

It's a civil case, nothing to do with criminal prosecution. This has nothing to do with any investigation.
                    At this point it is. But, as more dirt is dug up on this, and it appears to date to be a near endless supply, it could easily turn into something more.

Comment

In a way, Shrillary's "problems" are reminiscent of Watergate only she hasn't even been nominated yet. That should give anyone pause to vote for her alone.
                      It would be crippling for the US to have a President mired in criminal scandals even before she took office.

Comment

The next step is for both sides to submit their plans and lines of questioning for the discovery. The Judge made it quite clear that those lines would be very restrictive and to the point. Their will be no fishing expedition.

No matter how restrictive, it will be very difficult for her aides to avoid taking the 5th.
                        The suit is about the efforts to hide the existence of the email system and Huma's special deal.
                        The issues raised in the JW motion make it likely Hillary's people will have to plead the 5th.
                        http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-cont...on-01363-1.pdf
                        Last edited by Cambronnne; 24 Feb 16, 08:30.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

It is not part of the criminal investigation, but any evidence developed in the JW case can be used against the people being deposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                            No matter how restrictive, it will be very difficult for her aides to avoid taking the 5th.
                            The suit is about the efforts to hide the existence of the email system and Huma's special deal.
                            The issues raised in the JW motion make it likely Hillary's people will have to plead the 5th.
                            http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-cont...on-01363-1.pdf
                            Reading the complaint, I agree. The only option for DoS employees would be to take the fifth. As this is a civil complaint, the second they do they are also subject to discipline and even termination by the DoS as federal employees in their capacity as federal employees are not allowed to refuse civil testimony per civil service rules. They can be compelled to testify.

So, they refuse, they have problems. They comply, they have problems. It would only take one or two to agree to testimony and finger the DoS has having obstructed the FOIA system and requests for the whole house of cards to collapse.

Comment

Reading the complaint, I agree. The only option for DoS employees would be to take the fifth. As this is a civil complaint, the second they do they are also subject to discipline and even termination by the DoS as federal employees in their capacity as federal employees are not allowed to refuse civil testimony per civil service rules. They can be compelled to testify.

So, they refuse, they have problems. They comply, they have problems. It would only take one or two to agree to testimony and finger the DoS has having obstructed the FOIA system and requests for the whole house of cards to collapse.

I am ignorant of the rules governing DoS employees, but suspect that those rules would only present a problem if the DoS pursues the matter. Given that it seems to have been trying to defend Hillary rather than simply comply with the law and orders of Court, I am doubtful anyone will be disciplined.

We have seen how the IRS and VA have dealt with disciplining their employees and that the DoJ sees itself as lawyers for the democratic party rather than the nation. As such, I have little confidence in the government's interest in following the law.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X