Marine Banned From Daughter's Graduation Over Islamic Lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Banned From Daughter's Graduation Over Islamic Lessons

John Kevin Wood and his wife, Melissa, say their daughter's lessons on Islam violated her civil rights.
    A Marine veteran claims he was barred from attending his daughter’s June graduation because he objected to what he saw as the school’s promotion of Islam and -- after voicing his concern to the school -- was issued a no-trespass order, The Washington Post reported.
    John Kevin Wood, the ex-Marine, reportedly said that in 2014 one of his daughter's classes required that she memorize the Five Pillars of Islam and recite the shahada, which is also known as the Muslim statement of faith that includes, “There is no God but Allah.” School papers were submitted to a federal court that allege — among other statements — one included that Muslims’ faith is “stronger than the average Christian.”
    Wood's daughter completed the class, but refused to submit the assignments that focused on Islam and received zeroes on them, which hurt her overall GPA, a spokeswoman from the Thomas Moore Law Center told FoxNews.com. She is set to graduate on June 4, but Wood may still be barred.
    “The First Amendment prohibits the promotion of the religion of Islam over other faiths, such as Christianity or Judaism, in our public schools,” a federal complaint reportedly stated.
    Officials from La Plata High School in Charles County, Md., due to the pending litigation, could not comment on this particular case, but said that the 2014 assignment that Wood objected to was in a World History class that was intended to focus on Middle Eastern empires. The curriculum also reportedly touched on Christianity and Buddhism to name a few.
    Wood submitted classroom materials that he says shows the lessons violate the girl’s civil rights. One item stresses that “Islam, at heart, is a peaceful religion” and that jihad is “a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty; a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/23...am-lesson.html
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Why did you post this if you have nothing to say about it?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

It proves only how far this administration has made possible Islamic infiltration in the US .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
        It proves only how far this administration has made possible Islamic infiltration in the US .
        This isn't a problem that was caused by Obama, but rather apologists for Islam who are following the line Progressives (in particular) are using regarding that religion.

This is the "Muslims are just misunderstood..." line of thinking, the "They'll stop fighting if the world understands and accommodates their religion..."

I wonder if this class on World History emphasizing the Middle East included discussion of the Muslim invasion of Europe from the 7th to 12th Centuries that resulted in the Crusades, or if the Crusades alone were discussed in a mostly or entirely negative light...

Comment

Islam is insidious and must be uprooted.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
            Agreed.
            It used to be called a Clash of cutures.

Today, all we have is a Culture of Clashes when it comes to these guys.
            Except for one aspect-=
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Liberalism is insidious and must be uprooted.
              Fixed it for you...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

RACISM, REVISIONISM & GENOCIDE/MASS MURDER
                Racist Remarks, Racial Slurs, Nazi Revisionism, purposeful Revisionist History contrary to known or certain facts, or any commentary calling for the indiscriminate mass murder or genocide of any group based on race, religion, nationality, sexual preference or political beliefs will not be tolerated on the Armchair General (ACG) Forums.
                Rules and ****

Comment

I'm still waiting for you to tell me where I brought up race in the other thread... Don't worry, I don't expect an answer.

Comment

Hi

He was banned from the school grounds for making threats against the school
                    https://www.thomasmore.org/wp-conten...SS-ORDER-2.pdf

I've not read anywhere about what the specific threats were or if Wood has denied making such threats.

By all means use your 1st Amendment rights, which he did, but dependent upon the exact specifics of the 'threats' made, then don't then whine if there are consequences for saying whatever ever you said!

Regards

Andy H
                    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
                      Hi

He was banned from the school grounds for making threats against the school
                      https://www.thomasmore.org/wp-conten...SS-ORDER-2.pdf

I've not read anywhere about what the specific threats were or if Wood has denied making such threats.

By all means use your 1st Amendment rights, which he did, but dependent upon the exact specifics of the 'threats' made, then don't then whine if there are consequences for saying whatever ever you said!

Regards

Andy H
                      That looks like the makings of a law suit to me. Unspecified "verbal threats?" That isn't going to pan out too well in court.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        This isn't a problem that was caused by Obama, but rather apologists for Islam who are following the line Progressives (in particular) are using regarding that religion.
                        You are incorrect: Obama is the primary Muslim apologist for the entire United States of America, and is therefore the root cause of the problem.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

This is the "Muslims are just misunderstood..." line of thinking, the "They'll stop fighting if the world understands and accommodates their religion..."
                          Muslims are simply one symptom, not the cause, of what is wrong in the world at present.

The fact that Muslim nations currently tend to be more angry than others is down to history. Compared to Christian nations a Millennium ago, Muslim nations were usually more peaceful, more prosperous and certainly more educated than European Christian nations.

The world has turned.

The only way towards a happy world is a prosperous world.
                          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                            Why did you post this if you have nothing to say about it?
                            You don't get to 62K posts by writing out opinions or well reasoned arguments. That takes too much time. Red pip incoming...

Comment

That looks like the makings of a law suit to me. Unspecified "verbal threats?" That isn't going to pan out too well in court.
                              Hi TAG

Given the nature of the form, it doesn't lend itself to detail, though you would hope that they've written down or maybe got recordings of any 'threats' made!

Regards

Andy H
                              "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X