Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Is that an RV Camp ground?
    Yep. One of many around Quartzsite, the world's largest RV gathering...

http://roadslesstraveled.us/quartzsi...thering-place/

I think they're insane as Quartzsite is nothing but hard scrabble desert and scrub brush.

Comment

Your photo is missing a lot that those in your link have like people, cars and space plus the fence around it. Makes me think of a used car lot instead of a camp ground.

The whole deal looks like camping in a gravel pit. Like you said Arm Pit of AZ.

Great link by the way.
      Last edited by Half Pint John; 23 Feb 16, 03:21.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        I guess that I should feel honored that you read all my posts and tally what my political views are in each one...
        Where did I say I read ALL your posts???

Hyperbolic exaggeration is another trait of liberals, along with hubris, or is this more lame liberal humor???

Comment

It 'irritates' me when I see fellow Americans put down Canadians as if our way of life is so much better than theirs. These people are fantastic. I may be a bit biased from being married to one for over 50 years but honestly, some guys need to pull their heads out of their asses!
          For those who couldn't take the few laughs from the video that started the thread, go soak your heads!
          Why do retired Canadians go south for winter? Duh!!! Why do Americans flock north in the summer? Let me know when you figure that one out.
          Why does almost every American think our healthcare is so much better? Because we don't have wait times? Well, ask the ones who can't afford healthcare in our country or those that have been bankrupted or had to sell family belongings to get it!
          We run down the Canadian military every chance we get it seems also. Who cares what they spend. When the chips are down, they have come thru unless you have forgotten their WWI, WWII, Korea, UN Peacekeeping, the Gulf War, Afghanistan, the current Middle East conflict service. Not every other nation on the earth view our country as the be all, end all.
          I have been a republican since the first day I could legally vote. Sadly, while so many view Trump as the second coming of the Messiah, I don't! We don't need someone who is NOT respected let alone liked by our allies in a time where Donald's motor mouth and ego will undermine key relationships that need to be strong to confront Russian aggression and global terrorism. So does a little levity hurt once in a while? God knows we enjoy laughing and looking down our nose at almost every other country on earth, let them get a chuckle for once!
          "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

America could not have better neighbors than Canada. We have shared most of North America for a couple hundred years and done it for most of the time in peace. In times of war they have usually stood by us, if not the government then the people as in RVN. I have nothing than respect for them.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              Where did I say I read ALL your posts???

Hyperbolic exaggeration is another trait of liberals, along with hubris, or is this more lame liberal humor???
              If you get your head out of dark damp places John has told us he is not a liberal. He is a moderate that picks what he likes from both sides. Perhaps your just to far to the right to understand what a moderate or centrist is.

Comment

The thing about vast, empty spaces is that they are essential to large gatherings, especially those hosting a lot of RV's. Where else could you put them where everyone would be together? RV parks have limits, and limits on the kind of activities permitted, as well.

Take a look at the Burning Man, smack in the middle of the desert.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

To replace the original vid that was taken down

Comment

If you get your head out of dark damp places John has told us he is not a liberal. He is a moderate that picks what he likes from both sides. Perhaps your just to far to the right to understand what a moderate or centrist is.
                    Having at times in the past been left of center, I've a better clue than you or most here. Just cause some one says they are something doesn't make them it. Quack, quack.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
                      It 'irritates' me when I see fellow Americans put down Canadians as if our way of life is so much better than theirs. These people are fantastic. I may be a bit biased from being married to one for over 50 years but honestly, some guys need to pull their heads out of their asses!
                      For those who couldn't take the few laughs from the video that started the thread, go soak your heads!
                      Why do retired Canadians go south for winter? Duh!!! Why do Americans flock north in the summer? Let me know when you figure that one out.
                      Why does almost every American think our healthcare is so much better? Because we don't have wait times? Well, ask the ones who can't afford healthcare in our country or those that have been bankrupted or had to sell family belongings to get it!
                      We run down the Canadian military every chance we get it seems also. Who cares what they spend. When the chips are down, they have come thru unless you have forgotten their WWI, WWII, Korea, UN Peacekeeping, the Gulf War, Afghanistan, the current Middle East conflict service. Not every other nation on the earth view our country as the be all, end all.
                      I have been a republican since the first day I could legally vote. Sadly, while so many view Trump as the second coming of the Messiah, I don't! We don't need someone who is NOT respected let alone liked by our allies in a time where Donald's motor mouth and ego will undermine key relationships that need to be strong to confront Russian aggression and global terrorism. So does a little levity hurt once in a while? God knows we enjoy laughing and looking down our nose at almost every other country on earth, let them get a chuckle for once!
                      If Canada is so much better than the USA, please take more of the load of illegal immigration coming into here. You could start by doing a better job of reducing the numbers coming across your border.

Canada is in a unique and sheltered position, having the USA as a buffer and a ready sources of consumer goods. Canada wouldn't be doing so great if it was suddenly plopped down in the middle of Africa, or Asia, etc.

If we're supposed to find levity in a snarky and denigrative fat boy being smug "neighbor" to the North, you should be able to find the levity of shoppers streaming down here and back with their cars bulging with gallons of milk and petro. No such thing as a free lunch and your "free" healthcare seems to have costs in other parts of your consumer's markets/economy.

In case you hadn't notice, we've a clown for seven plus years as POTUS whom garners little respect or admiration among foreign nations, except those he's been servile to. I've no high regard for Trump either, but he's a notch better than the quisling BHO.

If you can't take it, don't dish it.

Comment

If Canada is so much better than the USA, please take more of the load of illegal immigration coming into here. You could start by doing a better job of reducing the numbers coming across your border.
                        Are you talking about illegal Canadian immigrants? The number isn't very high estimated as 15,000 - 30,000 and many of those are retired people who spend money in the US, including property taxes, and either overstay their 6 months a year or enter too early after their last stay. Ask Florida if they want a crack down on Canadian's staying in Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                          Are you talking about illegal Canadian immigrants? The number isn't very high estimated as 15,000 - 30,000 and many of those are retired people who spend money in the US, including property taxes, and either overstay their 6 months a year or enter too early after their last stay. Ask Florida if they want a crack down on Canadian's staying in Florida?
                          No, I'm referring to mostly Asian and Middle Eastern persons whom once in Canada try coming across the border sans documentation, etc.

But speaking of "retired" Canadians here, I do still have a sour taste from my later step-father-in-law. Married to my wife's mother (a USA citizen), he retained his Canadian citizenship and most of his investments/assets in Canadian banks, drew his two Canadian guv. pensions, and also managed to get a few hundred a month off our Social Security system (supposedly possible if your spouse is drawing, and a quirk we need to fix, IMO).

Worse was that during his 15 years living here, nearly all his medical care was via our Medicare which he was able to receive even though he never paid into it. Almost every year some form of illness or injury had him to the doctors and hospital, including terminal care, all on the USA taxpayers dollar. I roughly calculate that total at about $1.5 million. Unfortunately we/USA never got reimbursed from the great Canadian healthcare system for taking care of one of their own. Another glitch of our 'healthcare system' that needs to be fixed. Insult to injury, most of his estate went to his kids, not his widow and that near $2 million couldn't be touched for reimbursement either.

Comment

No, I'm referring to mostly Asian and Middle Eastern persons whom once in Canada try coming across the border sans documentation, etc.
                            Source?

But speaking of "retired" Canadians here, I do still have a sour taste from my later step-father-in-law. Married to my wife's mother (a USA citizen), he retained his Canadian citizenship and most of his investments/assets in Canadian banks, drew his two Canadian guv. pensions, and also managed to get a few hundred a month off our Social Security system (supposedly possible if your spouse is drawing, and a quirk we need to fix, IMO).

Worse was that during his 15 years living here, nearly all his medical care was via our Medicare which he was able to receive even though he never paid into it. Almost every year some form of illness or injury had him to the doctors and hospital, including terminal care, all on the USA taxpayers dollar. I roughly calculate that total at about $1.5 million. Unfortunately we/USA never got reimbursed from the great Canadian healthcare system for taking care of one of their own. Another glitch of our 'healthcare system' that needs to be fixed. Insult to injury, most of his estate went to his kids, not his widow and that near $2 million couldn't be touched for reimbursement either.
                            A foreign spouse of a Canadian citizen living in Canada is legally entitled to Medicare in Canada and is eligible for spousal benefits through the Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security Pension. So I assume the reverse is also true for a spouse of an American citizen living legally in the US.

Comment

Source?
                              The ones I've met in person. Feedback from Border Patrol I've known.

A foreign spouse of a Canadian citizen living in Canada is legally entitled to Medicare in Canada and is eligible for spousal benefits through the Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security Pension. So I assume the reverse is also true for a spouse of an American citizen living legally in the US.
                              I'm curious if the numbers come close to match?
                              There's a subtext of ethics you may have missed.

Comment

To replace the original vid that was taken down

Like many nations, that "free" healthcare look's like it'll be paid for by the future generations.
                                http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Meanwhile, please continue to 'come on down' and shop, we appreciate the cash flow exchange! And glad to provide the selection and bargains your economy can't.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                • casanova
                                  Nuclear battleheads.
                                  by casanova
                                  A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                  Yesterday, 23:58
                                Working...
                                X