Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine Bronze Star recipient from iconic Fallujah photo attacked at a DC McDonald's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
    Oh no he is? Well at least I can blame him for Wolfe from now on because I KNOW he voted for that clown.
    I've actually never voted for a democrat. I'm one of the few people here in favor of small government and fiscal conservatism. Meaning less welfare, along with reducing our extraordinarily high military spending. Small government from not intervening in acts of free speech to not spying on American citizens. OT, but nice try. Just because there's no hate in my blood doesn't make me a democrat. Though it's interesting you draw that correlation.
    Last edited by TactiKill J.; 18 Feb 16, 16:04.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      I don't know of anyone that matters who have condemned police as a whole. I think the core message has been that reform needs to be made to prohibit the bad apples from discriminating and getting away with it. That's not a generalization of all police.

Wonder why you didn't cite a source for your claim that blacks are guilty of more hate crimes. Could it be that you pulled that from your ass and are completely oblivious to reality?

Looks like it.

I believe it was a homosexual black male who was murdered and then run over by two white males because of his skin color and sexual orientation. There are too many similar stories of pure savagery that you seem to want to ignore.

At any rate, I don't think it's fair to generalize anyone white or black so I don't know what you're trying to prove. The issue here is that multiple ACG members are guilty of such blatant ignorance and were called out for it. Of course they don't mind though, some people take pride in their hatred.
      "Hate crime" is a subjective application and usually applied in a discriminatory way. Crime is crime, doesn't need an additional adjective. These 'thugs' assaulted and robbed and few ever do such as an expression of love (because you obviously need 'smilie')
      The more relevant figures would be those for arrest, conviction, and incarceration - by real types of crime - per race.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        "Hate crime" is a subjective application and usually applied in a discriminatory way. Crime is crime, doesn't need an additional adjective. These 'thugs' assaulted and robbed and few ever do such as an expression of love (because you obviously need 'smilie')
        The more relevant figures would be those for arrest, conviction, and incarceration - by real types of crime - per race.
        Yeah, but that's not what you said, you're back pedaling now:

Statistics tend to show only one race() has a disproportionate amount (percentage) of 'hate crime' attacks against other races.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My point isn't that racism doesn't exist because of those laws my point is that those laws are racist. Racism knows no race. I have met white, black, asian, middle eastern, Indian, native american and hispanic racists in equal measure. None is more guilty of it than the others. All laws like affirmative action do is propagate racism by seperating people under the law and granting unfair advantages to people based solely on their race. Not only is that racism on the government's part but it creates more racism by fostering resentment in those who are discriminated against in the name of fairness. A white or asian student being denied entrance into college in order to admit a less qualified black student just to meet a quota is no different than blacks being told they have to us a separate bathroom or water fountain. All racism is wrong, whether it be mistreating people based on their race or granting them special privileges based on their race. The law must be 100% blind to race as if it didn't exist and must treat every single person the same. The fact that affirmative action and hate crime laws exist at all is an insult to the ideals of American democracy. It's racism dressed up as tolerance and fairness.
          ... and that is precisely what the problem is. The US has tried to "make up" for racism in the past and has only made the problem worse.

I might mention that is exactly what the gov't does best....mess things up.

GG
          "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

I've actually never voted for a democrat. I'm one of the few people here in favor of small government and fiscal conservatism. Meaning less welfare, along with reducing our extraordinarily high military spending. Small government from not intervening in acts of free speech to not spying on American citizens. OT, but nice try. Just because there's no hate in my blood doesn't make me a democrat. Though it's interesting you draw that correlation.
            No the fact that you advocate social justice and that you assume everyone around you IS full of hate is what had me thinking you voted Democrat. That said I apologize, disagreement or not, no one should ever have to suffer being called that when they aren't one. That's the greatest insult.
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Wonder why you didn't cite a source for your claim that blacks are guilty of more hate crimes. Could it be that you pulled that from your ass and are completely oblivious to reality?
              If this story is an indicator...it appears that black on white crime is not labeled as a hate crime.

Here's what was said:

He says the group loudly asked if he believes “black lives matter” and called him racist when he ignored the comments.

Here's what the police are saying:

The silent police video, posted on YouTube, doesn’t mention racial motivation. Instead, it refers to the incident as “aggravated assault and robbery (Pickpocket).”

http://wtop.com/dc/2016/02/decorated...racial-attack/
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Yeah, but that's not what you said, you're back pedaling now:
                Actually my original post was quoting yours, but guess I should have used more " " and smilies ...

Comment

J.C., welcome back! Didn't know the Second Coming had started already.

Comment

No the fact that you advocate social justice
                    I don't know if telling people to stop being racist is advocating social justice, just seems like common decency to me.

and that you assume everyone around you IS full of hate is what had me thinking you voted Democrat.
                    How else should I view the following quotes?

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    The typical excuse for violence and they wonder why there is racism, not hard to figure out.
                    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    It was bad enough that it happened at a McDonalds. The poor Marine might not have survived if he had went to a KFC or Church's outlet.
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How else should I view the following quotes?
                      View them any little way your heart desires. Calling me a racist will not make you right. I will have you know that KFC is my youngest daughters favorite fast food restaurant. She loves the Popcorn Chicken! Thank God they also had another fast food place menu as well.

When will you deign to answer my question on what ethnic group you belong to? Inquiring minds want to know where you are coming from!

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Why is it racism when we all know that Blacks like fried chicken? Back in the days when I was younger and ate junk food here in San Francisco on Ocean Avenue near City College, there was always proportionately more Blacks eating at the Church's and KFC than at McDonald's or Bleep's Burgers.

When I was working downtown, there was a location on Market Street that had a Wendy's and a Popeye's. I ate there quite often. The lines were tell-tales as Popeye's always had more blacks. How can it be racism just by noticing trends or preferences and including that in one's train of thought or comment?

Cries of racism from some groups and persuasions are now so common and misplaced that it has become a joke.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          Why is it racism when we all know that Blacks like fried chicken? Back in the days when I was younger and ate junk food here in San Francisco on Ocean Avenue near City College, there was always proportionately more Blacks eating at the Church's and KFC than at McDonald's or Bleep's Burgers.

When I was working downtown, there was a location on Market Street that had a Wendy's and a Popeye's. I ate there quite often. The lines were tell-tales as Popeye's always had more blacks. How can it be racism just by noticing trends or preferences and including that in one's train of thought or comment?

Cries of racism from some groups and persuasions are now so common and misplaced that it has become a joke.
                          Only because of the context. Otherwise, I agree.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If I was bobo I'd round up every black mp and shake that hood (crack dealers, ho's, and other scum) 'till they rolled on the punks. Betcha it'd happen real quick...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

I eat at Popeyes and Wendys all the time. The Popeyes near my home are not as good as the ones in Sulphur, La, but when you away from home, you have to make compromises. I wonder how anyone can recognize context on a forum? I sure can't! Maybe it is a "special" gift granted to the few?

Strangely enough I taught for a year at a Black High School in North Lake Charles. If the students there thought I was a Racist, I would not have lasted a year. Hell, they even vandalized some of the other teacher's cars in the parking lot, but never mine. If I saw one of my students had missed his bus, I took them home. Rant over

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                                I eat at Popeyes and Wendys all the time. The Popeyes near my home are not as good as the ones in Sulphur, La, but when you away from home, you have to make compromises. I wonder how anyone can recognize context on a forum? I sure can't! Maybe it is a "special" gift granted to the few?

Strangely enough I taught for a year at a Black High School in North Lake Charles. If the students there thought I was a Racist, I would not have lasted a year. Hell, they even vandalized some of the other teacher's cars in the parking lot, but never mine. If I saw one of my students had missed his bus, I took them home. Rant over

Pruitt
                                Why would it be hard to recognize context on a forum? Context is just part of basic reading comprehension. I think you're confusing it with tone or something similar. Maybe your comment was tongue in cheek, but again given all the surrounding negativity, I assumed otherwise, maybe falsely.

I also think we have different views of what racism is or can be.

My point isn't that racism doesn't exist because of those laws my point is that those laws are racist. Racism knows no race. I have met white, black, asian, middle eastern, Indian, native american and hispanic racists in equal measure. None is more guilty of it than the others. All laws like affirmative action do is propagate racism by seperating people under the law and granting unfair advantages to people based solely on their race. Not only is that racism on the government's part but it creates more racism by fostering resentment in those who are discriminated against in the name of fairness. A white or asian student being denied entrance into college in order to admit a less qualified black student just to meet a quota is no different than blacks being told they have to us a separate bathroom or water fountain. All racism is wrong, whether it be mistreating people based on their race or granting them special privileges based on their race. The law must be 100% blind to race as if it didn't exist and must treat every single person the same. The fact that affirmative action and hate crime laws exist at all is an insult to the ideals of American democracy. It's racism dressed up as tolerance and fairness.
                                Didn't have the chance to read this earlier. All fair points. I think you have to keep in mind when these laws were enacted though. Admittedly, today they can be viewed as archaic and counter-productive. However, back then, I do think they were necessary. The problem is, getting rid of such laws would be an extremely difficult battle. Maybe even impossible if the current climate persists.
                                Last edited by TactiKill J.; 19 Feb 16, 01:59.
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X