Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine Bronze Star recipient from iconic Fallujah photo attacked at a DC McDonald's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    This is just a tally of victims. Who did the deeds? Back in the days of Reconstruction (when you would expect a lot of lynchings) Black on Black was the largest category. I would expect Hoodrats to go after mostly their neighbors.
    Gang violence would not fall under hate crime (biggest black on black issue) and again I don't know where you guys are getting these outlandish claims from. The vast majority of lynchings were by whites.

Who did the deeds?
    Whites account for 52% of all hate crimes against all races. But, I'm not trying to point the finger at any group of people, every race in this country needs to look in the mirror, I only brought this up to disprove a ridiculous claim that was made.

Did some Crackers do some bad things? Sure, but not that often.
    I really hope you're talking about today and not the reconstruction era you were referencing earlier.

Black on Black violence happens so often it is not newsworthy anymore.
    It is an issue, but that doesn't excuse generalizing or racism which was the original point. What I keep seeing is when blacks are the victim of a hate crime, they're expected to keep going about their lives and write the situation off as some sort of anomaly. But, the few instances where the tables are turned, there's outrage, blatant racism and negative generalization displayed towards all blacks. It's extremely hypocritical. On top of that people then like to make up and lie about statistics to try to justify their hate.
    Last edited by TactiKill J.; 18 Feb 16, 01:00.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I did a paper on Violence Done to Blacks in the Reconstruction Era in College. Where did YOU get your data? There was a lot of Violent Acts done to Blacks in Louisiana.

I would suggest you quit focusing on "hate crimes" and start looking at the bigger issue of Black on Black violence. Or you can see how far your own views get you.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
        Gang violence would not fall under hate crime (biggest black on black issue) and again I don't know where you guys are getting these outlandish claims from. The vast majority of lynchings were by whites.
        It's 2016. How often are folks lynched these days?

Whites account for 52% of all hate crimes against all races. But, I'm not trying to point the finger at any group of people, every race in this country needs to look in the mirror, I only brought this up to disprove a ridiculous claim that was made.
        52%? Proof?

I have a difficult time believing any stats on "hate crimes" as there are clear inconsistencies on what is reported and termed "hate crimes". Calling black on whoever crimes "hate crimes" seems to be frowned upon regardless of the evidence.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

52.4 percent were White.
          24.3 percent were Black or African American. who make up only 12% of the population.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            50 years on from the civil rights movement it doesn't seem that we are any closer than ever to solving the problem of race in America....
            What nation on Earth has perfect race relations?

If there is one, maybe we ought to figure out what they are doing right, eh?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              What nation on Earth has perfect race relations?

If there is one, maybe we ought to figure out what they are doing right, eh?
              Nothing will ever be perfect but the US is probably one of the worst for developed countries.

I did a paper on Violence Done to Blacks in the Reconstruction Era in College. Where did YOU get your data? There was a lot of Violent Acts done to Blacks in Louisiana.

I would suggest you quit focusing on "hate crimes" and start looking at the bigger issue of Black on Black violence. Or you can see how far your own views get you.

Pruitt
              I'm focusing on hate crimes because that's the topic of discussion. Yes, there is a huge issue of black on black crimes. That doesn't require ground breaking research to figure out. Unless you're saying that negative generalization is acceptable because of this, then I don't see how it relates to my original point.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm focusing on hate crimes because that's the topic of discussion. Yes, there is a huge issue of black on black crimes. That doesn't require ground breaking research to figure out. Unless you're saying that negative generalization is acceptable because of this, then I don't see how it relates to my original point.
                Silly me! I thought the topic of discussion was the unprovoked attack and robbery of a decorated Hispanic Marine by Blacks that called him a Racist? Why aren't you taking up for the Marine? It was bad enough that it happened at a McDonalds. The poor Marine might not have survived if he had went to a KFC or Church's outlet. Is it a magic phrase "Are you a Racist?" that makes the whole crime politically acceptable?

If you want a discussion on Hate Crimes, why don't you start a new thread?

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                  50 years on from the civil rights movement it doesn't seem that we are any closer than ever to solving the problem of race in America.
                  Affirmative action, minority only schools, benefits and organizations, hate crime laws. You're right racism still is rampant in this country. Still we pretend it doesn't exist and act like we're "enlightened" while discriminatig against over 80% of our population. Shameful.
                  "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Silly me! I thought the topic of discussion was the unprovoked attack and robbery of a decorated Hispanic Marine by Blacks that called him a Racist? Why aren't you taking up for the Marine? It was bad enough that it happened at a McDonalds. The poor Marine might not have survived if he had went to a KFC or Church's outlet. Is it a magic phrase "Are you a Racist?" that makes the whole crime politically acceptable?

Pruitt
                    I never said the crime was acceptable, your comprehension skills are terrible. I condemn the crime along with condemning those who are using this as an opportunity to spew their racism. Look at your childish comments, from stating that it wasn't often that whites did bad during the reconstruction to making KFC jokes. You personify everything that's wrong with America. From diminishing past social atrocities to again equating a few thugs to an entire race of people. When the shoes on the other foot we see the hypocrite in all of you come out. But, like I said people like you take great pride in their hatred. In the minds of many they feel justified in their hate towards Muslims and blacks or anyone else they feel to be beneath them.
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                      Affirmative action, minority only schools, benefits and organizations, hate crime laws. You're right racism still is rampant in this country. Still we pretend it doesn't exist and act like we're "enlightened" while discriminatig against over 80% of our population. Shameful.
                      Laws can't change the way people think, there would be no need for these laws if so many didn't harbor racist mentalities. Said laws also do not stop people from breaking them. Look at the amount of people on this very forum who are racist, which is supposed to be a forum of educated adults, yet it's still present.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I never said the crime was acceptable, your comprehension skills are terrible. I condemn the crime along with condemning those who are using this as an opportunity to spew their racism. Look at your childish comments, from stating that it wasn't often that whites did bad during the reconstruction to making KFC jokes. You personify everything that's wrong with America. From diminishing past social atrocities to again equating a few thugs to an entire race of people. When the shoes on the other foot we see the hypocrite in all of you come out. But, like I said people like you take great pride in their hatred. In the minds of many they feel justified in their hate towards Muslims and blacks or anyone else they feel to be beneath them.
                        I see you are from Pennsylvania. What ethnicity do you claim to be?

You don't know me so don't make assumptions about me. I have worked with Black People all my adult life. The only one I ever had an issue with was a Black Dude from Philly in Basic Training. He was not a problem as he hated everyone! Please share with us what makes you gifted enough to make assumptions?

Pruitt

Comment

Laws can't change the way people think, there would be no need for these laws if so many didn't harbor racist mentalities. Said laws also do not stop people from breaking them. Look at the amount of people on this very forum who are racist, which is supposed to be a forum of educated adults, yet it's still present.
                          You do realize that membership here and posting is a voluntary action and if you don't like your fellow members, you can leave?

Pruitt

Comment

My point isn't that racism doesn't exist because of those laws my point is that those laws are racist. Racism knows no race. I have met white, black, asian, middle eastern, Indian, native american and hispanic racists in equal measure. None is more guilty of it than the others. All laws like affirmative action do is propagate racism by seperating people under the law and granting unfair advantages to people based solely on their race. Not only is that racism on the government's part but it creates more racism by fostering resentment in those who are discriminated against in the name of fairness. A white or asian student being denied entrance into college in order to admit a less qualified black student just to meet a quota is no different than blacks being told they have to us a separate bathroom or water fountain. All racism is wrong, whether it be mistreating people based on their race or granting them special privileges based on their race. The law must be 100% blind to race as if it didn't exist and must treat every single person the same. The fact that affirmative action and hate crime laws exist at all is an insult to the ideals of American democracy. It's racism dressed up as tolerance and fairness.

I see you are from Pennsylvania. What ethnicity do you claim to be?
                            Oh no he is? Well at least I can blame him for Wolfe from now on because I KNOW he voted for that clown.
                            Last edited by frisco17; 18 Feb 16, 14:55.
                            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Pruitt
                              Excellent and exactly!
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                                My point isn't that racism doesn't exist because of those laws my point is that those laws are racist. Racism knows no race. I have met white, black, asian, middle eastern, Indian, native american and hispanic racists in equal measure. None is more guilty of it than the others. All laws like affirmative action do is propagate racism by seperating people under the law and granting unfair advantages to people based solely on their race. Not only is that racism on the government's part but it creates more racism by fostering resentment in those who are discriminated against in the name of fairness. A white or asian student being denied entrance into college in order to admit a less qualified black student just to meet a quota is no different than blacks being told they have to us a separate bathroom or water fountain. All racism is wrong, whether it be mistreating people based on their race or granting them special privileges based on their race. The law must be 100% blind to race as if it didn't exist and must treat every single person the same. The fact that affirmative action and hate crime laws exist at all is an insult to the ideals of American democracy. It's racism dressed up as tolerance and fairness.

Oh no he is? Well at least I can blame him for Wolfe from now on because I KNOW he voted for that clown.
                                Too soon to rep you again, but exactly on the money there!
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X