Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Equates Freshmen Class To "Drowning Bunnies"

And this is a Catholic University...

EMMITSBURG, Md. – A plan to identify freshmen most likely to fail has erupted into a scandal, faculty firings and a demotion at Mount St. Mary's University after the Catholic school's president reportedly likened the students to baby rabbits that should be killed.
    President Simon Newman is a former financial-industry executive hired in 2014 to lead the college in Emmitsburg, Maryland. The Mountain Echo student newspaper reported Jan. 19 that Newman told a faculty member opposed to the so-called student-retention plan, "This is hard for you because you think of the students as cuddly bunnies, but you can't. You just have to drown the bunnies ... put a Glock to their heads."
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/10...g-bunnies.html
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And this is a Catholic University...
    They should have seen that coming when they hired him:

Newman, 51, has been a business executive for decades. His background includes stints at big-name companies like Bain & Co. and L.E.K. Consulting. Prior to taking the Mount St. Mary's job, he was managing director of the Los Angeles private equity fund JP Capital Partners and CEO of Los Angeles-based merger and acquisition, private equity and strategic consulting firm Cornerstone Management Group.

Newman is a native of the United Kingdom with degrees from the University of Cambridge. He also has his MBA from Stanford University.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...y-to-lead.html
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      They should have seen that coming when they hired him:

Newman, 51, has been a business executive for decades. His background includes stints at big-name companies like Bain & Co. and L.E.K. Consulting. Prior to taking the Mount St. Mary's job, he was managing director of the Los Angeles private equity fund JP Capital Partners and CEO of Los Angeles-based merger and acquisition, private equity and strategic consulting firm Cornerstone Management Group.

Newman is a native of the United Kingdom with degrees from the University of Cambridge. He also has his MBA from Stanford University.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...y-to-lead.html
      What part of that equates to his callous attitude towards human beings? Being a "business executive? Because that's just euphemism for an idiot in an expensive suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        What part of that equates to his callous attitude towards human beings? Being a "business executive? Because that's just euphemism for an idiot in an expensive suit.
        Here's an idea for you.....read the link, you couldn't have read the link and replied in three minutes.

Once you read the link, come back and discuss.

Or just continue to have a fragmented discussion by not reading the link.....

Your choice.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

At my alma mater, back in the 1970's, they were very up front about General Chemistry (the one for science majors) being designed to drown bunnies.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
            Here's an idea for you.....read the link, you couldn't have read the link and replied in three minutes.

Once you read the link, come back and discuss.

Or just continue to have a fragmented discussion by not reading the link.....

Your choice.
            In other words, you haven't got a clue.

I read your link ,and it fails to identify any specific reason why he dislikes people so much, especially college freshmen.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X